It doesn't take Nostradamus to figure out how the rest of the season will go

rambo2

Reaction score
I predicted these 2 straight losses on the road, so I may as well script the rest of this out for us. Consider it therapeutic.

* Win AT HOME against Detroit. Close win. Everyone feels better because Detroit's a playoff team. But. It's. A. Home. Game. Doesn't move the needle as far as I'm concerned.

* Win in Maryland against the hapless Commanders, resting a ton of players. Again, it doesn't matter. Eagles win the division.

* WIN ON THE ROAD AGAINST A HAPLESS NFC SOUTH TEAM IN THE WC PLAYOFF ROUND. LET'S GOOOO! WE'RE BACK BABY! Um, yeah, no we're not. See @ Tampa Bay last year. What happened after that? Oh yeah..

* LOSE HANDILY on the road in the divisional round vs. the 49ers. What on earth makes us think the result would be any different this year, especially since we can't rely on the OL and the running game in the red zone?

Yeah, I've seen this script before folks. Someone please convince me otherwise, because I want to believe..
I suspect that they will get some holding calls in their favor next week and they will win at home. I think it is possible that the Eagles will lose a game to the Giants and the division will go down to the last game of the season.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i actually see it a little worse off than that, but still the same. They will beat detroit at home, then lose to commanders on the road (cuz hey its meaningless game right?). then first playoff game at home against Bucs I believe we lose. Have you been watching the bucs lately? but yeah if they happen to beat the bucs, they definitely lose the first away game they play in playoffs.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Awesome
Man, I’m so glad you told me the rest of the season !!!
Now I can start watching something else
:thumbup:

Thank you a thousand times !!! You are da best
To think I was going to waste my time watching them - when you already know the results !!! Woo hoo
Pretending doesn’t work. Every Cowboy fan knows this is exactly what’s going to happen including you. The OP is spot on. I will casually watch and hope for the 1% miracle but I’m not going to be disappointed when it doesn’t happen I fully expect the same thing this team has done the last three years.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I predicted these 2 straight losses on the road, so I may as well script the rest of this out for us. Consider it therapeutic.

* Win AT HOME against Detroit. Close win. Everyone feels better because Detroit's a playoff team. But. It's. A. Home. Game. Doesn't move the needle as far as I'm concerned.

* Win in Maryland against the hapless Commanders, resting a ton of players. Again, it doesn't matter. Eagles win the division.

* WIN ON THE ROAD AGAINST A HAPLESS NFC SOUTH TEAM IN THE WC PLAYOFF ROUND. LET'S GOOOO! WE'RE BACK BABY! Um, yeah, no we're not. See @ Tampa Bay last year. What happened after that? Oh yeah..

* LOSE HANDILY on the road in the divisional round vs. the 49ers. What on earth makes us think the result would be any different this year, especially since we can't rely on the OL and the running game in the red zone?

Yeah, I've seen this script before folks. Someone please convince me otherwise, because I want to believe..
This^^^^^
You can set your clock by it.
Sure as the sunrise.
Sure as death and taxes.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t know how the rest of the regular season will go but I do know one thing. This team isn’t going to win multiple games on the road in the playoffs.

Everybody knows it including the players.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

Congrats. You don’t have to watch then.

CWR

Reaction score

I hate to like this post, but I've said the same. The writing is on the wall. I'll hope against hope it goes differently, but it feels too familiar.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Aren't we in line to play Tampa right now? Anybody wanna see Mike Evans and company in the 1st round on the road? Pretty fair bit that Tyron and Zach have worn down over the year, and in no way can be healthy come the playoffs. It's a good thing we have planned for this day though

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Pretending doesn’t work. Every Cowboy fan knows this is exactly what’s going to happen including you. The OP is spot on. I will casually watch and hope for the 1% miracle but I’m not going to be disappointed when it doesn’t happen I fully expect the same thing this team has done the last three years.
Whose pretending ?
You do you bud !!
I just laugh at the fans who almost wish for failure to say - told ya so
It’s all good - being a fan for 50+ years I don’t just say oh well it’s over, until it’s over - I also don’t get that emotional one way or another - it’s entertainment - I’ll always be a fan until I die - I’ll root for the wins until no more games left - life’s too short not to enjoy the moments

TheHerd

Reaction score
This has been the inevitable path since the Arizona loss.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
No matter what happens, there is a 49ers shaped wall blocking us from getting out of the NFC. They look like the team of destiny this year... 2nd ranked offense by PPG, 2nd ranked defense by PPG, and they're healthy, focused, and pissed.

Jipper

Reaction score
Yoh want some cheese with your whine?
Don't be dumb, this team is a worthless joke and they are crashing just like every year we have had hope and expectations of something different.

Nothing is different, it's the same, it's always the same