It hurts even more now

TheCritic

Reaction score
Watching Jerry "Al Davis" Jones and his goofy children run the Dallas Cowboys franchise off a cliff just breaks my heart. It's as if no matter who he hires, signs or drafts, it all has a clownish feel to it. There was a time not too long ago that I believed Jerry would do anything to win but just had a few bad breaks. But watch ing too many other teams come out of nowhere to become contenders, how is it that the Cowboys haven't come near a Super Bowl in over 25 years?

I know what I've said has been stated over and over, but just curious if any Cowboys fan believes in the McCarthy era. I just don't.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Watching Jerry "Al Davis" Jones and his goofy children run the Dallas Cowboys franchise off a cliff just breaks my heart. It's as if no matter who he hires, signs or drafts, it all has a clownish feel to it. There was a time not too long ago that I believed Jerry would do anything to win but just had a few bad breaks. But watch ing too many other teams come out of nowhere to become contenders, how is it that the Cowboys haven't come near a Super Bowl in over 25 years?

I know what I've said has been stated over and over, but just curious if any Cowboys fan believes in the McCarthy era. I just don't.

Easy answer.......defense and Garrett.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
You are 1000% right. Jerry hit the lottery when he hired Jimmy Johnson . He deserves credit for what he did during that era but his ego got in the way and ruined that legacy . Crazy Jerry will never let this organization be what it can be until he’s gone . He hires puppets as coaches then tells them what to do and who they need to hire as assistants , he even tells them who starts and who doesn’t . The exception specifically the big tuna eventually went away , remember when TO was forced on him? Jerry needs to go.

Steve007

Reaction score

It's the same clown show. Nothing has changed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We have become the Detriot Lions......and it will get worse before it gets better.
Expect beat downs from the Giants and Skins in the next 4 years while he's promoting Kellen his new JG to HC and selling that Jerry Kool-Aid!

CowboysRule

Reaction score
No, unfortunately there is no relation. I just don't understand it. He's been the owner for the past 31 years. You've got some lasting power if you hate the man at the head of everything for that long and are still a fan. I could see maybe you established this undying loyalty before he bought the team but he's been an owner for more seasons that existed before he was the owner. You might as well try complaining about something that might actually change.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sadly, for Jerry the GM, he routinely compromises his duties as GM to favor Jerry, the owner. He foolishly views it as an advantage. :omg:
Jerry the owner is the issue. Even if he hired a GM, he would still have authority over the new GM and would still get his way if he wanted to.

I don’t even think GM is his biggest issue. I think it is how he wants to be liked by all the players and undermines the coaches ability to hold players accountable. Players know they can always run to Jerry and he will be right there to listen to.

Flamma

Reaction score

In those 25 years Dallas has had one good coach, Bill Parcels. It was his team that came together a year after he left in 2007. I don't know if BigMac is any good. I just know this team came out unprepared for 2020. It was a comedy of errors.

Pokes12

Reaction score
You are 1000% right. Jerry hit the lottery when he hired Jimmy Johnson . He deserves credit for what he did during that era but his ego got in the way and ruined that legacy . Crazy Jerry will never let this organization be what it can be until he’s gone . He hires puppets as coaches then tells them what to do and who they need to hire as assistants , he even tells them who starts and who doesn’t . The exception specifically the big tuna eventually went away , remember when TO was forced on him? Jerry needs to go.
What a concept. Never heard that before. Jerry is the problem? Novel idea.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry the owner is the issue. Even if he hired a GM, he would still have authority over the new GM and would still get his way if he wanted to.

I don’t even think GM is his biggest issue. I think it is how he wants to be liked by all the players and undermines the coaches ability to hold players accountable. Players know they can always run to Jerry and he will be right there to listen to.

If he, at least, hired a GM, and respected him properly, he'd have the advantage of having someone knowledgeable enough to manage his team properly. He routinely allows costly needs to be ignored, in favor of minimizing expenses, often to the detriment of the team's welfare. It's obvious, whenever the FO routinely opts to pass on acquiring highly-rated veteran free agents. It could often be avoided if the FO negotiated contracts somewhat more aptly.

Last edited: