It hurts even more now

75boyz

Reaction score
umm super redundant over posted information that hasn't changed is just whinefest..it does get old..

whambulence called. Hope you all survive..

Option a be DC fan knowing this particular situation is not changing anytime soon and whining about it constantly wont make it change..

Option b - dont follow the Dc anymore cancel this account associated with it and any others, burn or give your DC gear away and move the flip on..

Option c- be that group that posts the same content over and over and over just to complain and find some of us who will reply to tell you to stop crying like alittle ..........!

Now I know who to have my posts screened through so that my opinion meets the proper criteria for the Dallas Cowboy Fan hood police, master at arms or regulators.
See my previous post as well.

I need to know the official post submission guidelines for your self proclaimed positivity forum aka CZ.

Like a bouncer denying an improper ID, geez dude.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will McClay is solely responsible for the talent evaluations and acquisitions, while the rest of the GM duties belong to Jerry and Stephen. I think each owner has his own methods of interacting with their GMs. How much authority is granted to them often varies. Of course, Jerry is a control freak, so that definitely explains how he'd prefer to handle things.

Back when Jimmy Johnson was with Dallas, he had far more control than HCs who followed him. Much depends upon what arrangements are made when a hiring occurs. Jerry is no longer prone to taking a back seat. Stephen is a different matter, of course. Surely, he's special, in daddy's eyes. ;)
Booger is a part-time GM that chooses the duties he wishes to perform, mainly those having to do with media coverage, and delegates the rest of it.

visionary

Reaction score
No, unfortunately there is no relation. I just don't understand it. He's been the owner for the past 31 years. You've got some lasting power if you hate the man at the head of everything for that long and are still a fan. I could see maybe you established this undying loyalty before he bought the team but he's been an owner for more seasons that existed before he was the owner. You might as well try complaining about something that might actually change.

At least don’t show your ignorance by speaking

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now I know who to have my posts screened through so that my opinion meets the proper criteria for the Dallas Cowboy Fan hood police, master at arms or regulators.

I need to know the official post submission guidelines for your self proclaimed positivity forum aka CZ.
its not the tenor of the post its its been said and posted daily its very redundant and very old and offers no new content..seeing the same posts over and over and over and over ,over like the Dak and Zeke post and this one where posted want o start their own new post on very old and flooded the pages already is exhausting to see even the title not opening and reading, its just out of control and mostly trolling..

blueblood70

Reaction score
At least don’t show your ignorance by speaking
hes correct not ignorant, those posting the same thing over and over and expecting change, thats the definition of insanity..its straight whining like toddler not getting getting their way an having public tantrum....

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

that would be these redundant posts lacking any new content..

blueblood70

Reaction score

Like a bouncer denying an improper ID, geez dude.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Y'all really need to put some respect on Al Davis's name. He is not in the same stratosphere as Jerry.

Al was qualified to be a GM and fielded a team that played in a Super Bowl within a decade of his death.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Booger is a part-time GM that chooses the duties he wishes to perform, mainly those having to do with media coverage, and delegates the rest of it.

Yeah, I see you've noticed that, too. He's granting Stephen much of the load, nowadays but jumps in whenever the mood strikes. If they just didn't see fit to praise and promise their contractual talents to high heaven but then, expect discounts, things might go smoothly. It drives me to drink. o_O

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a fan out of habit more than anything now. I have zero passion for this franchise anymore. I think that’s how most long term fans currently feel. Jerry will keep focusing on young people and international fans to build his base, but eventually no one will care.
Same here but I am that way about the NFL as a whole so I can't blame that on the Cowboys.

I know when it began to fade. When the owners decided to change the game to fit their own needs to make the TV execs happy and it shifted from a sport that is televised to a televised sport.

That said, I will miss it in 4 weeks when the last game is played as I had mixed emotions on Monday night. My team won but the season was over. The game no longer inspires me with passion and get's the juices flowing but it does entertain me.

I do not expect the Cowboys to appear in another SB in my lifetime but to show up every now and then just as they have as a contender. And I am fine with that.

The Cowboys are like having a child that is, at best, a C student. No matter how hard they try, that's the best it's going to get. Expectations get managed better so frustration doesn't rule and C becomes OK. If that is lowering one's standards, as I've been accused, so be it. My standards have absolutely no effect on the outcome of this team or that student. And I wonder, are those with higher standards happier?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Watching Jerry "Al Davis" Jones and his goofy children run the Dallas Cowboys franchise off a cliff just breaks my heart. It's as if no matter who he hires, signs or drafts, it all has a clownish feel to it. There was a time not too long ago that I believed Jerry would do anything to win but just had a few bad breaks. But watch ing too many other teams come out of nowhere to become contenders, how is it that the Cowboys haven't come near a Super Bowl in over 25 years?

I know what I've said has been stated over and over, but just curious if any Cowboys fan believes in the McCarthy era. I just don't.
:facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Watching Jerry "Al Davis" Jones and his goofy children run the Dallas Cowboys franchise off a cliff just breaks my heart. It's as if no matter who he hires, signs or drafts, it all has a clownish feel to it. There was a time not too long ago that I believed Jerry would do anything to win but just had a few bad breaks. But watch ing too many other teams come out of nowhere to become contenders, how is it that the Cowboys haven't come near a Super Bowl in over 25 years?

I know what I've said has been stated over and over, but just curious if any Cowboys fan believes in the McCarthy era. I just don't.
Pity party thread.

75boyz

Reaction score
its not the tenor of the post its its been said and posted daily its very redundant and very old and offers no new content..seeing the same posts over and over and over and over ,over like the Dak and Zeke post and this one where posted want o start their own new post on very old and flooded the pages already is exhausting to see even the title not opening and reading, its just out of control and mostly trolling..

I can see that but my point is your opinion post is no more accurate than the next posted opinion here. But your post, whether implied or literal, could easily be interpreted that you think yours is the only one and worse yet, is the right one.

It's a melting pot here of shared differing opinions where some see the positive direction of this team, some the negative like me, while others see the direction as stagnant or in purgatory per se.

Gotta accept 'em all.
They're just opinions and yours is no more accurate than mine.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Y'all really need to put some respect on Al Davis's name. He is not in the same stratosphere as Jerry.

Al was qualified to be a GM and fielded a team that played in a Super Bowl within a decade of his death.
Yeah, before he was Crazy Al, he was Crazy Good Al. He put together some great teams and not just one style. He could do the run and pass with equal aplomb and put together a great D.

He was Booger's mentor in the NFL and he wanted to emulate him but never accepted the major difference between them, Al really knew football. Al is like Barry Switzer here, many downplay him but both were very good at what they did early in their careers. Al went nuts and Barry lost the fire.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hes correct not ignorant, those posting the same thing over and over and expecting change, thats the definition of insanity..its straight whining like toddler not getting getting their way an having public tantrum....

Like yours?:cool:

visionary

Reaction score

thinking that ignoring the obvious is ok, is ignorance

if you don’t like it, ignore the thread

Praxit

Reaction score

..to be honest, we might not get to big dance for another 25 yrs. Or we might in 2 yrs. One thing for sure, the cowboys were bought by a ego maniac business man. Winning 3 super bowls at the tandem of it, hurt the franchise most.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Yeah, before he was Crazy Al, he was Crazy Good Al. He put together some great teams and not just one style. He could do the run and pass with equal aplomb and put together a great D.

He was Booger's mentor in the NFL and he wanted to emulate him but never accepted the major difference between them, Al really knew football. Al is like Barry Switzer here, many downplay him but both were very good at what they did early in their careers. Al went nuts and Barry lost the fire.
Also gave John Madden, Tom Flores, and Mike Shanahan their first coaching gigs (although Oakland was Madden's only stop).

That's a pretty darn good list if you ask me, though Shanahan didn't have success until much later in his career.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pity party thread.
But not unnecessary because we have to work through this every bad season we endure, it's like clockwork. Then comes the draft with renewed hope and every draft pick becomes automatically better because he's a Cowboy.

Then we get the "I'm not buying in again" threads and eventually they buy in because they want to buy in, they want to believe. What's wrong with being optimistic and positive? Even if it is self manufactured? So you get disappointed, not like that hasn't happened before and what makes this one worse than the others?

I have this friend that has serious addiction problems and she's constantly starting over and "it's going to be different this time" and I don't know if even she believes it. But I don't believe that it couldn't be different and she finally beats it. Hasn't happened yet and the odds aren't great but that keeps life interesting, the odds.

Cowboys are like that. The last 12-4 season, I predicted 4-12 before the season. Valuable lesson in predicting, I discovered I wasn't very good at it. I also discovered that that didn't matter.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..to be honest, we might not get to big dance for another 25 yrs. Or we might in 2 yrs. One thing for sure, the cowboys were bought by a ego maniac business man. Winning 3 super bowls at the tandem of it, hurt the franchise most.
Agree, early success insured that Booger wouldn't have to do what Bright did, sell the team. It also came far too easily. Booger thought going at least to the NFCCG would be a habit.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, unfortunately there is no relation. I just don't understand it. He's been the owner for the past 31 years. You've got some lasting power if you hate the man at the head of everything for that long and are still a fan. I could see maybe you established this undying loyalty before he bought the team but he's been an owner for more seasons that existed before he was the owner. You might as well try complaining about something that might actually change.
Here's a simple explanation.

Jerry has ruined this franchise. It's absolutely amazing that you can't see it. And it's even more amazing that you can't comprehend people not liking the guy who ruined their team. I mean, this ain't rocket science, dude.

And once again, if you don't want to read the complaining, then quit clicking on threads that are obviously about just that.

People are always going to complain about things that ruin their team. So why don't YOU quit complaining and try complaining about something that might actually change?