It is getting old and pitiful

Pokes12

Reaction score
Have you noticed that every interview with Mike McCarthy is as predictable as it is non-illuminating?

See: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...S&cvid=c30a1357579e4bc58fe941fed2841668&ei=15

So, guess what? MM thinks every one of the Cowboys drafted and undrafted players is terrific. He is so impressed with each and every one. Blah, blah, blah.

Football talk has become so predictable a child of ten years can parrot the lines. Hey, coach, what do you need the team to do to get back in the game? Answer: We have to play better defense and score more on offense. Our game plan is great, we have to stick to it.

Hey coach, what do you think of the draft and undrafted class after the first day of minicamp? Answer: I am so impressed, these kids are so great, they bring great enthusiasm, athleticism, skill, speed and superb understanding of the game.

Blah, blah, blah

Total nonsense and BS. Wouldn't it be refreshing if they said, "Well there are some good prospects here and a few who will not make an impact, even on special teams. I wish we had drafted a better player in the rounds they were selected. I think the Eagles and the Giants got much better. We need to get more from the lazy ones that disappointed last year, especially that no-good DT, Mazi Smith. He better get going or he will be shown the door."

Pokes12

Reaction score
I see MM is gushing over this nerdy-looking guy. He does not even rank in the conference he played in but MM thinks he has command of the huddle. What does that mean? He took down everybody's lunch or from Taco Bell and then ran to pick it up before he threw the pass?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Have you noticed that every interview with Mike McCarthy is as predictable as it is non-illuminating?

See: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...S&cvid=c30a1357579e4bc58fe941fed2841668&ei=15

So, guess what? MM thinks every one of the Cowboys drafted and undrafted players is terrific. He is so impressed with each and every one. Blah, blah, blah.

Football talk has become so predictable a child of ten years can parrot the lines. Hey, coach, what do you need the team to do to get back in the game? Answer: We have to play better defense and score more on offense. Our game plan is great, we have to stick to it.

Hey coach, what do you think of the draft and undrafted class after the first day of minicamp? Answer: I am so impressed, these kids are so great, they bring great enthusiasm, athleticism, skill, speed and superb understanding of the game.

Blah, blah, blah

Total nonsense and BS. Wouldn't it be refreshing if they said, "Well there are some good prospects here and a few who will not make an impact, even on special teams. I wish we had drafted a better player in the rounds they were selected. I think the Eagles and the Giants got much better. We need to get more from the lazy ones that disappointed last year, especially that no-good DT, Mazi Smith. He better get going or he will be shown the door."
It's a part of the Cowboys code of communication, Jerry does the same thing, Jason Garrett was the KING of it!!!! "The Cowboys lose 43-3 to the Patriots, we asked the coach about the game and he said!" "Oh yeah we love our guys, we think highly of them, we like what they did out there on that football field, they played with toughness, and we like that in our players!" lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Blah, blah, blah

Ever listen to a Belichick press conference...boring is good...

Pokes12

Reaction score
Are you comparing Bill Belicheat to Mike McCarthy? That is like comparing the Lakers to Our Sisters of Mercy Ladies Basketball team. Winning in the season and losing in the first round is all MIke and the rest of the clowns in the front office are good for. During the season they keep fans interested so they can soak every penny from them. In the playoffs, they show their true colors. I for one, am tired of seeing Dak with those deer in the headlights look every time he steps on the field in a playoff game. They got blown away by a team that barely made the playoffs, AT HOME, where they demolished every visitor last year. How much more proof do we need to see, first hand, that Dak is a front-runner who preyed on other weak teams when our defense dominated the game. Dak is a nice fellow but just a 4th round quarterback with no special skills except fist pumping the offense before he throws the crucial pick six.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would they say that. That is ridiculous. If players heard that, why should they try to improve.
All teams, all coaches say this type of stuff, it is not just Dallas.

Would you want your boss, tell you ... hey you suck at your job, I wish I would have hired someone else....
And if you are a boss, and have that attitude, no one would want to work for you. :laugh:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
What is getting old and pitiful is the constant whining and complaining. And all the repeated stuff over and over.
:popcorn:

:laugh:
Jazz after 29 years EVERYBODY deserves and should whine and complain!!!

It can never get old!

I would love to think what Rigger or Drew or Bob Lily thinks of that mindset.

This is unacceptable and you should NEVER be comfortable where we are or have been. If, however you are okay with everything Jerry - then by all means enjoy the popcorn and the mediocracy that comes with him and the organization as it is currently run.

For the love of god. :facepalm:

rambo2

Reaction score

Blah, blah, blah

I think the Cowboys have a good crop of rookies and odds are good that they could hit anywhere from some to a lot on these rookies.

Gambit

Reaction score
Are you comparing Bill Belicheat to Mike McCarthy? That is like comparing the Lakers to Our Sisters of Mercy Ladies Basketball team. Winning in the season and losing in the first round is all MIke and the rest of the clowns in the front office are good for. During the season they keep fans interested so they can soak every penny from them. In the playoffs, they show their true colors. I for one, am tired of seeing Dak with those deer in the headlights look every time he steps on the field in a playoff game. They got blown away by a team that barely made the playoffs, AT HOME, where they demolished every visitor last year. How much more proof do we need to see, first hand, that Dak is a front-runner who preyed on other weak teams when our defense dominated the game. Dak is a nice fellow but just a 4th round quarterback with no special skills except fist pumping the offense before he throws the crucial pick six.
So, this thread was really just a back door to bash Dak.

In that case. I agree, it is old and pitiful.

LysleE

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been doing this the last several years; they praise all of their draft choices and free agents, they like their guys; they are very close to having a championship team; Dak is the QB to take them to the next level; and all within the Cowboys organization have Jerry’s trust.

The football team proceeds to beat up on weak teams, thus creating expectations, but play poorly and inconsistently against the premiere teams leading to an early round loss in the playoffs creating disappointment.

The Jones’ promise the fans after their early exit from the playoffs, they will examine and evaluate their processes and to continue to improve the roster, but of course are barely active during the subsequent FA period…then rinse and repeat.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's puff-piece season. Between now and training camp, you will see so many reports talking about how some players have been "working hard" and "look good" and "ready to make an impact" for the upcoming season. We will definitely be seeing the annual "Zeke Looks Like He's In Great Shape" reports pretty soon.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It's a part of the Cowboys code of communication, Jerry does the same thing, Jason Garrett was the KING of it!!!! "The Cowboys lose 43-3 to the Patriots, we asked the coach about the game and he said!" "Oh yeah we love our guys, we think highly of them, we like what they did out there on that football field, they played with toughness, and we like that in our players!" lol
All three phases

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jazz after 29 years EVERYBODY deserves and should whine and complain!!!

It can never get old!

I would love to think what Rigger or Drew or Bob Lily thinks of that mindset.

This is unacceptable and you should NEVER be comfortable where we are or have been. If, however you are okay with everything Jerry - then by all means enjoy the popcorn and the mediocracy that comes with him and the organization as it is currently run.

For the love of god. :facepalm:
Yes but when it is the same thing over and over and over. Same post in 20 different threads a day. It gets old.
fans should try real football talk. Instead of every player sucks. Try giving a positive on why a player may be good.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Why would they say that. That is ridiculous. If players heard that, why should they try to improve.
All teams, all coaches say this type of stuff, it is not just Dallas.

Would you want your boss, tell you ... hey you suck at your job, I wish I would have hired someone else....
And if you are a boss, and have that attitude, no one would want to work for you. :laugh:
I suspect some fans confuse being a terrible human being with being a good coach and quite frankly it’s equally sad and hilarious.