News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I am a Fed. Trust me, it doesn't mean they are more qualified.

Exactly, Trial Lawyers hire expert witnesses who will give them the answer they want. CEO's hire big consulting firms to give recommendations on layoffs because its the answer they want and they don't want to be blamed directly.

Clearly the NFL has put their Domestic Violence group in place to hand out harsh sentences as a reaction to them covering up the Ray Rice situation.

Unless you are Giants Kicker Josh Brown, then you can admit to beating your wife 20 different times and get off with a one game suspension.

samilpa4life

Reaction score
u1j0xlkgje6dzi21lnkp.jpg
dolt6rqegqpzaas9iezu.jpg

mkindred

Reaction score
And you should shut the f up.

Getting sick of all the idiocy on this board, and people bending over backwards to protect someone who, if they were a Eagle or Giant, we'd be crying about them not getting 16 games.

So because YOU think you're right, other people are idiots? I'd sure be pissed if I had such a serious claim be brought up against me and convicted if there was no hard evidence to support it. I do not think there is a single person here that would go to bat for Zeke if there is clear evidence he did what he is accused of. But what is being lost in all of this, he is now basically been "proven guilty" in the eyes of the league, media, and sponsors. What does that do to his ability to bring in endorsements moving forward? He's losing out on 6 game checks, an $8 million dollar bonus (I bet Jerry will still pay that, though..), and god knows how much in potential future earnings he's losing. I'd be the first one to admit the punishment is sufficient if the NFL can produce evidence, however, from what I've seen from A) why the police investigations ended and B) the evidence used to convict Zeke by the NFL, the only idiocy I'm seeing here are people saying Zeke in fact did commit the crime and deserves everything he got.

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I think he is. And he's right.

The NFL should follow a fundamental and moral right to be consistent. They're not above doing what's right. If you think they are, well then...

Whats wrong with what he said?

If they are not consistent, then the sport can be "fixed" by the whim of the commissioner. Thus, no gambling should be allowed in the sport for fear of a fix. The NFL should be immediately removed from every sports book in Nevada. I think we should all write our local congressmen to pass a bill banning the NFL from sports books.

sideon

Reaction score
Oh, no doubt. If anything, he should be suspended a game for pulling down the girl's top at the parade. That's on tape. But a six game suspension when there was no charge and there is evidence the accuser was well less than credible? That's outrageous. That will totally skew our season. We could have won another Super Bowl in 1996 (maybe) if Irvin were around those first five games--if nothing else we could have gotten HFA in the playoffs maybe. I don't doubt that if Zeke misses more than 2 games, it will negatively impact our season.
Does Gronk get suspended for motor boating a woman in a club? Because that's on tape too.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
they said in the pc he didnt do that. They basically said the metadata from the phone's pointed to him being with her the night she got all the bruises and his lawyer's response was that she fell down the stairs.

That is what was said in the pc today with the league and if true and he stooped to she fell down the stairs argument its tough to defend him.

they also said he wasnt charged because the police could not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt and that she had made false statements on things didnt happen but that was independent of the night she was bruised apparently by him.

Her "bruises" have multiple people saying it was not Zeke - one friend saying she got into a club fight. Which could have resulted in some bruises.

"Tough to defend him" - We don't know, and because we don't know, the league should not be dishing out a punishment.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Zeke will play. Even if suspended, you can participate in preseason and training camp.
I think Dallas has to approach the season as if Zeke won't play. That means getting McFadden, Morris, Smith, and maybe Hillman more snaps in practices preseason games.

I'm hoping the coaches have the creativity to better use the other weapons on offense

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
People are explaining that they made a mistake with Brown and are "righting" the ship with Zeke. That's what local radio is saying. NFL dropped the ball w brown but they are getting it right, it just happens that the first time they get it right is w Zeke
I hear ya, bro. Sucks, doesn't it.

So now everyone who is not charged but accused will get 6, Loc?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Her "bruises" have multiple people saying it was not Zeke - one friend saying she got into a club fight. Which could have resulted in some bruises.

"Tough to defend him" - We don't know, and because we don't know, the league should not be dishing out a punishment.

they said the investigation showed the fight she was in was hair pulling only, multiple witnesses apparently said there was no punching or anything.

bodi

Reaction score
Zeke Elliot, no proof -- 6 Games.

Ray Rice, knockout video -- 4 Games

So the NFL finds enough evidence to suspend him but the actual police department doesn't? So much bs

NFL is setting a dangerous precedent with suspensions based on accusations. This is going to get uglier as NFL office looks completely lost.

I want to hear Roger Goodell explain what Ezekiel Elliott did that's six times as bad as what Josh Brown did

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Right, who were the 4 independents and who paid them to take a look at the evidence. Nobody does nothing in this world for nothing. In a court of law many things can change as they are put under oath and questioned by competent lawyers. Just sayin'

MEMBERS OF THE EXTERNAL EXPERT ADVISORY PANEL

PETER HARVEY, Esq., former Attorney General for the State of New Jersey.

KEN HOUSTON, member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, who played in 14 seasons in the NFL.

TONYA LOVELACE, MA, Chief Executive Officer of The Women of Color Network, Inc.

MARY JO WHITE, Esq., former United States attorney and former Chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

LittleD

Reaction score
Now if Jerry is as pissed as he says, I would inform Goodell and the owners that he intends to file a Sherman anti-trust case with Judge Doty on the NFL and challenge the current CBA as unlawful and biased. Lots of secrets could be made known in Federal Court. Does Goodell want to play chicken with a mad Jerry Jones???

waldoputty

Reaction score
Goddell Contract Ends 2019 and Compensation Committee

"Some NFL owners, as PFT has explained, want to use their leverage. More specifically, Jerry Jones, an influential owner not currently on the Compensation Committee, wants the contract to be negotiated by all owners, and not by just a handful of them.

The league’s official committee assignments as of 2016 show Falcons owner Arthur Blank (chairman), Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Texans owner Bob McNair, Giants co-owner John Mara, and Steelers owner Art Rooney II as the members of the group. (Kaplan reports that the list as of 2016 is the same as of now.) Whether Jones is simply miffed because he was omitted from the committee or whether he genuinely believes all owners should have a voice in the process, Jones has argued for greater involvement and oversight, in an effort to perhaps reduce the total expenditure on the Commissioner’s compensation package."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/03/does-roger-goodell-want-a-new-contract/

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Does Gronk get suspended for motor boating a woman in a club? Because that's on tape too.
I was going to mention this but figured it too petty. Gronk has done far worse on camera. Not to mention the multi million dollar house he bought to host these types of events yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.