News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
If he appeals this, is he eligible to play in every game until the appeals are over? I would hate for him to miss the middle/end of the season as opposed to the beginning when the schedule is significantly easier.

If he takes it to court maybe? But appeals are appearently quicker. Brady stretched it out a season didnt he?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Good for him. The league needs to be punched in the mouth for doing this, no pun intended. The personal conduct policy should not be a license to convict a player in their own court of law, and hopefully, a real court of law will slap them down.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Silly.

Dragging this out does not make it worse for him unless there is something he's hiding that he doesn't want to come out. If not, the worst case scenario for him is that he loses in a court fight and has to sit out 6 games. Further, given the threat the NFL threw down saying if he gets in trouble again he could potentially face "banishment" it's even more of an incentive to fight the league if he really believes he's innocent.

The league did not say he could face banishment, show me the report, didn't happen, that's someone on the media

The more this is dragged out, the more evidence that was collected will get leaked, like medical photographic evidence like the Hardy case or the Ray Rice video and that will only be worse for Zeke...take your punishment and move on because the DA might reopen the case based on the NFL investigation......

Bizwah

Reaction score
I hate to go back to this, and I can't drag through 57 pages to see if this has been discussed ad nauseum already, but anyone who thinks the Cowboys aren't in a different category per Sir Roger, Mara, and the rest of the league is simply wrong. This is a crock.
I used to think that these conspiracy theories were all nonsense.

But when you take a look at how many times the NFL has had odd rulings against us.....maybe there is something to this. The salary cap punishment, the countless suspensions (you can't tell me other teams are squeaky clean), the catch-no-catch, the illegal participation in the non-huddle, this Zeke situation, the Dak non-situation this summer, and the Carroll arrest--which if you believe what you hear--he was going to be released until after they found out he was a Cowboy player.

I want to believe it's all coincidence....tin foil hat...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Right and this was a point they specifically highlighted in making thier decision.

Zeke Attorney response....... sorry if repost

Jane Slater‏Verified account @SlaterNFL 37m37 minutes ago
Ezekiel Elliott responds via attorney @nflnetwork

DG-KNuUVwAARpBa.jpg

26 replies338 retweets323 likes

Sydla

Reaction score

I read the report. It doesn't refute what I said.

For one, the events on the 22nd clearly call into question her credibility. If she lied about the events of the 22nd, any logical person can conclude it's possible she lied about the other nights as well. Further, we have a signed witness statement refuting the claim that the only incident she got into was just someone pulling her hair. Again, any logical person would again conclude there is a real credibility issue here.

Here's essentially what the league has said. They have claimed this girl has injuries and while they can't prove with certainty Elliott did it, they believe Elliott did it and it's up to Elliott to prove he didn't do it and explain away her injuries.

Here's a key quote:

"there is no dispute that you and Ms. Thompson were together on the dates identified, and no evidence to suggest that anyone else could have caused those injuries."

What the NFL is saying is we know you were with Ms. Thompson those days and we believe those injuries are from those days and now it's up to you to tell us how she got those bruises if she didn't get them from you.

That's absurd.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
If he appeals this, is he eligible to play in every game until the appeals are over? I would hate for him to miss the middle/end of the season as opposed to the beginning when the schedule is significantly easier.
He's eligible until the appeal process is completed

Bizwah

Reaction score
The league did not say he could face banishment, show me the report, didn't happen, that's someone on the media

The more this is dragged out, the more evidence that was collected will get leaked, like medical photographic evidence like the Hardy case or the Ray Rice video and that will only be worse for Zeke...take your punishment and move on because the DA might reopen the case based on the NFL investigation......
If you read the entire six page letter, it does say that he will be subject to possible banishment if he has any more run-ins. Also was told he may need to have counseling if deemed necessary.

They go on to say they want him to have a successful career....which is bull.

CWR

Reaction score
I read the report. It doesn't refute what I said.

For one, the events on the 22nd clearly call into question her credibility. If she lied about the events of the 22nd, any logical person can conclude it's possible she lied about the other nights as well. Further, we have a signed witness statement refuting the claim that the only incident she got into was just someone pulling her hair. Again, any logical person would again conclude there is a real credibility issue here.

Here's essentially what the league has said. They have claimed this girl has injuries and while they can't prove with certainty Elliott did it, they believe Elliott did it and it's up to Elliott to prove he didn't do it and explain away her injuries.

Here's a key quote:

"there is no dispute that you and Ms. Thompson were together on the dates identified, and no evidence to suggest that anyone else could have caused those injuries."

What the NFL is saying is we know you were with Ms. Thompson those days and we believe those injuries are from those days and now it's up to you to tell us how she got those bruises if she didn't get them from you.

That's absurd.

Dont forget to add "BOOM" to the end of your rebuttals please.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
The appeal is an absolute joke. It goes right back to the same *** clowns that just suspended him

mkindred

Reaction score

Its in the same report that you keep begging people to read. Page 5, Under Decision, bullet 2.

knightrider94

Reaction score
The NFL statement specifically mentions that they talked to the Ohio accuser. Did the NFL interview the lady from the parade?

canters

Reaction score
I think the NFL went overboard perhaps as insurance against going easy on him and then having another event with him get headlines, as in the Ray Rice case. He is a marked man now due to his conduct. This is rearend covering at its worst. And again, don't be surprised if he serves all 6 games.

Sydla

Reaction score

It's in the letter to Elliott you keep linking as proof of your positions. Did you even read the letter?

Page 5, it's #2 under the findings of the Commissioner.

You assume there is more evidence out there. If Elliott is confident there is not and wants to fight this, there's no downside. Your entire position here as to what Elliott should do or not do is based on the assumption that he's 100% guilty. That's your first problem.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
On the 17th this girl claims she was assaulted & she took pictures.

On the 19th this girl claims she was assaulted & she took pictures.

On the 21st this girl claims she was assaulted & she took pictures. (we know this one is a lie, below)

So this girl is getting abused, but continues to voluntary interact with her abuser? I know this is common in DV cases, but she does not fit the profile of "I know he loves me, it will get better". Seems like she was jealous and vindictive. I don't know how they can beieve anything she says.

affidavit-ayrin-mason-ezekiel-elliott-girlfriend-tiffany-thompson-domestic-violence.jpg

ezekiel-elliott-tiffany-thompson-text-converations.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.