It is time for MNF to go quietly into the night

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I wonder is the MNF game not as cool or are we just too old to be up late on a Momday night? I wish they would scrap TNF and MNF and do a Friday night game and a Sat night game. I don’t give a crap if it intrudes on high school football, then record the game if your kid has a game. Oh, and scrap sunday night football too.
Late? It’s only 626 pm.......lol. West coast living is a good thing.

cowboyec

Reaction score
put it back on ABC and let Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler be the announce team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
ESPN is garbage

It lost its way years away....but I don't think MNF is going anywhere
So what exactly is garbage about it. I only half arse listen to the announcers ......so besides witten being avg..... what is garbage?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder is the MNF game not as cool or are we just too old to be up late on a Momday night? I wish they would scrap TNF and MNF and do a Friday night game and a Sat night game. I don’t give a crap if it intrudes on high school football, then record the game if your kid has a game. Oh, and scrap Sunday night football too.
They will take on college but they don't want to take on the Friday Night Lights ritual of high school football. But, so many are recording games for playback now, why not?

JayFord

Reaction score
Ive never been a fan of mnf

Especially when it used to come on at 9

Imo it should come on at 6:30 pm EST

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I think Booger ruins it. What is up with the halftime show. First time I seen it. I hadn’t been watching nfl other than the cowboys

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive never been a fan of mnf

Especially when it used to come on at 9

Imo it should come on at 6:30 pm EST
Kills them in the Mountain and Pacific time zones because people are still in their commute. I don't know why we need the damned time zones. Day is ******* day and night is ******* night.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
NBC has really made SNF quality compared to what ESPN offers for MNF. I also think that since SNF has the highest quality match ups now, that ESPN gets a lot of the less attractive match ups at times. NBC SNF has taken over what ABC MNF used to be back in the day.

T-RO

Reaction score
You hate ESPN? Lol....that’s funny

Have you noticed you are the only one defending it? Ratings have tanked and there is widespread criticism. Everywhere.

I too rarely watch. Am not watching tonight. Broadcasts are unbearable.

JayFord

Reaction score
Kills them in the Mountain and Pacific time zones because people are still in their commute. I don't know why we need the damned time zones. Day is ******* day and night is ******* night.

Yeah it coming on at 3pm (pst) would kill viewership. Im just not a fan of night games. Especially when i have to wake up at 5am.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m ok with it and I’ll be ok if it’s not on.
It’s not must see anymore.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NBC has really made SNF quality compared to what ESPN offers for MNF. I also think that since SNF has the highest quality match ups now, that ESPN gets a lot of the less attractive match ups at times. NBC SNF has taken over what ABC MNF used to be back in the day.
All comes down to the green. FOX took over TNF and look at the difference in the games and they're even promoting that "it's a game now". MNF might be the first one to go all internet.