It kills me to say this about Roy *Merge*

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1778040 said:
In fact, one of his other notable hits was vs. Randel El near the sideline. When Randel El got up, he definitely readjusted some of his gear. (Think the hit was in the 2nd half.)

I think WRs tend to remember some of those hits as games progress . . . .
are you thinking of the reeves hit on randel el?

Woods

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1778041 said:

No RW. The receiver caught the ball for a 6-8 yard gain, but he at least got hit hard.

Woods

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1778041 said:

I understand the frustration we all have with our Secondary play vs. the Commanders, and we all know RW needs to improve his secondary play, but some people make it seem like the guy totally stinks. That he does nothing well.

That's just not true.

Sure, he needs to pick up his play vs. the pass. I accept that. But he's doing some stuff well.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Woods;1778047 said:
No RW. The receiver caught the ball for a 6-8 yard gain, but he at least got hit hard.

It was with 10:45 left in the game. Randle-El caught a pass against Ayodele in the flat, and Roy came up and drove Randle-El into the turf. Randle-El got up and adjusted his helmet and shoulder-pads.

jack2

Reaction score
The thing is, i'm not sure anymore that he's better than watkins! the thing is that it seems that whatever problems the defense has in the lasrt couple of weeks has been thru roy and/or Reeves, and it's still time to try and improve at those positions!

Woods

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778067 said:
It was with 10:45 left in the game. Randle-El caught a pass against Ayodele in the flat, and Roy came up and drove Randle-El into the turf. Randle-El got up and adjusted his helmet and shoulder-pads.

Yes, thanks. That play.

And pretty soon, one of those jarring hits will cause yet another fumble and pump up the defense.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778067 said:
thanks, i'm gonna check it out once i'm done dl'ing the game

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778034 said:
Let's also remember that the majority of their catches came against someone other than Roy.

We also need to remember that Roy has given up 4 TD's the past two weeks and Shockey embarrassed him in front of the nation, not to mention Roy was beaten like a drum v.s. Seattle in our playoff loss by Jeremy Stevens. Stats mean ZERO when it comes Roy, he is the worst coverage safety of his generation, the only thing not making him Cut material is his money, His tackles are down bigtime as well. Go compare Roy to a guy like Gibril Wilson, nevermind Sanders or Troy Polamoleau.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BiffWellingtonIII;1778103 said:
We also need to remember that Roy has given up 4 TD's the past two weeks

Umm, what? Four touchdowns in the past two weeks?

and Shockey embarrassed him in front of the nation

Shockey had four catches for 23 yards against Roy.

Stats mean ZERO when it comes Roy, he is the worst coverage safety of his generation, the only thing not making him Cut material is his money, His tackles are down bigtime as well. Go compare Roy to a guy like Gibril Wilson, nevermind Sanders or Troy Polamoleau.

Oh, I get it. You're being sarcastic.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778116 said:
Umm, what? Four touchdowns in the past two weeks?

Shockey had four catches for 23 yards against Roy.

Oh, I get it. You're being sarcastic.
he gave up that toomer catch

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1778140 said:
he gave up that toomer catch

Adam must be Roy's agent or own the same pair of glasses that Ray Charles does.
Roy got smoked by Shockey and he gave up the Cooley TD , in which he turned outside for some inexplicable reason and the Seattle game was his lowest ever level. Lets also not forget the TD Shockey caught on Roy last week where he just basically turned and caught it as Roy stood there. It was brutal.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
BiffWellingtonIII;1778185 said:
Roy got smoked by Shockey and he gave up the Cooley TD , in which he turned outside for some inexplicable reason and the Seattle game was his lowest ever level. Lets also not forget the TD Shockey caught on Roy last week where he just basically turned and caught it as Roy stood there. It was brutal.

Adam is a respected member of the community who knows more football than most demonstrate on this board. You on the other hand have 6 posts and most sound like talk coming from a troll. You don't happen to be a Jets fan do you?

Edit: Welcome to the board by the way.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

It's hard to forget it when you've mentioned it in the sentence immediately preceding this one.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Roy got smoked by Shockey

Again, four catches for 23 yards.

and he gave up the Cooley TD

That's one.

Lets also not forget the TD Shockey caught

That's two. So when were the other two touchdowns Roy allowed in the past two weeks, considering that you claimed he allowed FOUR.

where he just basically turned and caught it as Roy stood there.

What were you watching?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
jack2;1778071 said:
The thing is, i'm not sure anymore that he's better than watkins! the thing is that it seems that whatever problems the defense has in the lasrt couple of weeks has been thru roy and/or Reeves, and it's still time to try and improve at those positions!
Yeah, cause you know, Watkins has proven that he can do more than just protect deep. His resume includes run stufing and coverage on short and intermediate routes......:rolleyes:

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778203 said:
Again, four catches for 23 yards.

That's one.

That's two. So when were the other two touchdowns Roy allowed in the past two weeks, considering that you claimed he allowed FOUR.

What were you watching?
Get the highlight of Shockey's TD -RIGHT IN front of Roy

Not only is Roy not in the breath of the big boys, he's not Sammy Knight, Gibril Wilson(70 Taks) or Kerry Rhodes for that matter.

Roy's strength is tackling right?

Find him - - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=def&sort=tack&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1778191 said:
Adam is a respected member of the community who knows more football than most demonstrate on this board. You on the other hand have 6 posts and most sound like talk coming from a troll. You don't happen to be a Jets fan do you?

Edit: Welcome to the board by the way.
My guess would be a fan of one of our rivals of course.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score