It should be known now that you never ever give the ball back to Jalen Hurts

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well he helped the Eagles' offense put up 35 points in the Superbowl and a half time lead only for the defense to lose the game.

If someone wants to behave like a child and point out the ball slipping out of his hands whilst rushing in the first half - it was unfortunate and happens to all quarterbacks at some point in their career. The fact is the Eagles still came in at Half Time with the lead after this happened and the defense - players and scheme, effectively lost the game.

Anyone being objective would state that Jalen Hurts performed superbly well in the Superbowl.

Anyone who states otherwise has a pathetic random agenda - either because he plays for the Eagles or they want to prove a running QB is unable to win a Superbowl (Hurts throws a great deep ball by the way and Mahomes never uses his legs to extend plays does he) or another silly reason.

Just admit he balled out and the truth shall set you free - go and enjoy watching Prescott help the Cowboys put 40 points on another 2-8 team.
Did he win? Your exhaustive post avoids the truth of the matter. Brady threw for over 500 yds and lost, who cares.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The entire team gets credit, but you know by now that the QB, right or wrong, gets the lion's share of the credit and blame for whatever happens. The QB leads the team on offense. That's just the way it is. Sort of like being POTUS--to the general public, everything happens because of the person that sits in the White House, right or wrong.
I can somewhat agree.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But then again if you dont have the roster you tend to have to rely on the expensive QB (ala Mahomes in said SB).
How are teams with less paid QB's faring? By the way, the hobbled, high paid QB won the championship. Hall of Fame Hurts was on the losing end.

Swagger

Reaction score
Did he win? Your exhaustive post avoids the truth of the matter. Brady threw for over 500 yds and lost, who cares.
So you don't rate Dan Marino if winning a Superbowl is your only metric of a QB playing well in the post season?

Tom Brady threw a pick 6 against the Falcons yet because the Patriots" D gave him a bucket load more opportunities in the second half he was able to overcome his error and help the team win the Superbowl. Yet people only talk about Brady's performance not the D.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you don't rate Dan Marino if winning a Superbowl is your only metric of a QB playing well in the post season?

Tom Brady threw a pick 6 against the Falcons yet because the Patriots" D gave him a bucket load more opportunities in the second half he was able to overcome his error and help the team win the Superbowl. Yet people only talk about Brady's performance not the D.
Well, I never analyze a game like that. I believe it was more of a Falcons collapse, than anything else.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How are teams with less paid QB's faring? By the way, the hobbled, high paid QB won the championship. Hall of Fame Hurts was on the losing end.
49ers, Eagles, Dolphins, Jaguars, Saints all lead their division with a 'less paid QB'. Ravens and ourselves have a reasonable 2023 QB outlay.

But the point is that if you're paying your QB elite money, the responsibility is for HIM to step up because of the diminished resources around him. Under the CAP every elite contract has to play to (and above) that contract....AND NOT JUST IN GENERAL STATS, BUT IN CLUTCH SCENARIO's.

You have to judge your players against the highest opposition. We may not like it but Hurts performs.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Nobody talks about quality of opponents or the fact that poor play lead to those deficits either.
So using that point back to Hurts, he performs, against good teams and has the ability to manage a late comeback. These are the qualities you need in the play-offs as you're not usually playing a blow-out vrs the better teams in the lead.

As to the second part of your sentence, it's not only the 'poor play' its how the QB RESPONDS to the poor play. No comeback comes down to a 'perfect' drive(s), receiver drops, blown coverage, penalties.....it's how the QB responds, in adversity, can they put the poor play behind them or do they compound matters. That's where Hurts succeeds....and for me that's where I dont feel confident in Dak.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
49ers, Eagles, Dolphins, Jaguars, Saints all lead their division with a 'less paid QB'. Ravens and ourselves have a reasonable 2023 QB outlay.

But the point is that if you're paying your QB elite money, the responsibility is for HIM to step up because of the diminished resources around him. Under the CAP every elite contract has to play to (and above) that contract....AND NOT JUST IN GENERAL STATS, BUT IN CLUTCH SCENARIO's.

You have to judge your players against the highest opposition. We may not like it but Hurts performs.
No, he has a better supporting cast. If the KC receivers had shown up, it would have been a double digit win for the Chiefs. Being "clutch" involves others cooperation.

DZSierra

Reaction score

Football has always been a team sport.

Call it luck, but for whatever reason this year, it seems when the Eagles do something stupid, someone else bails them out (even from the opposing team). As lucky as they are, they always seem to "hang around" in the game with a chance to win it in the second half which they seem to be doing.

My math might be off, but I got curious about something...

In 10 games, the Eagles have won all their games with a total of 67 points. In the same amount of games, the Cowboys have beaten their opponents with a total of 176 points, and the Eagles have only won 2 more games than the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
Football has always been a team sport.

Call it luck, but for whatever reason this year, it seems when the Eagles do something stupid, someone else bails them out (even from the opposing team). As lucky as they are, they always seem to "hang around" in the game with a chance to win it in the second half which they seem to be doing.

My math might be off, but I got curious about something...

In 10 games, the Eagles have won all their games with a total of 67 points. In the same amount of games, the Cowboys have beaten their opponents with a total of 176 points, and the Eagles have only won 2 more games than the Cowboys.
Fully agree football is a team sport. Your final paragraph further suggests the Eagles are clutch and efficient to win so many games by such fine margins - crucially they win the close games and whilst it's a team game the QB plays a big part in that in terms of making the big throw or play to help the team win. Prescott had that chance vs the Eagles but obviously didn't get it done. Let's hope he does in the play offs.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Fully agree football is a team sport. Your final paragraph further suggests the Eagles are clutch and efficient to win so many games by such fine margins - crucially they win the close games and whilst it's a team game the QB plays a big part in that in terms of making the big throw or play to help the team win. Prescott had that chance vs the Eagles but obviously didn't get it done. Let's hope he does in the play offs.
:hammer:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stated that in my original post.
Yes..I know that;s what you said. You also said this:

"These wins are happening, due to miscues from undisciplined players and bad coaching from their opponents. KC was the better team last night, the players didn't execute for 90 minutes. Philly was powerless to stop them,"

As if Philly isn;t any good. But GOOD teams "take advantage of their mistakes."

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No, he has a better supporting cast. If the KC receivers had shown up, it would have been a double digit win for the Chiefs. Being "clutch" involves others cooperation.
Did Mahomes have a better WR corp in the SB....no.
'Clutch' does involve others, however, if the QB cannot take the pressure, or overcome the poor plays it'll probably end in failure.
You can always deflect away from QB responsibility....but at the moment that's resulting in similar outcomes. Dak needs that Clutch performance.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So using that point back to Hurts, he performs, against good teams and has the ability to manage a late comeback. These are the qualities you need in the play-offs as you're not usually playing a blow-out vrs the better teams in the lead.

As to the second part of your sentence, it's not only the 'poor play' its how the QB RESPONDS to the poor play. No comeback comes down to a 'perfect' drive(s), receiver drops, blown coverage, penalties.....it's how the QB responds, in adversity, can they put the poor play behind them or do they compound matters. That's where Hurts succeeds....and for me that's where I dont feel confident in Dak.
Yawn.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes..I know that;s what you said. You also said this:

"These wins are happening, due to miscues from undisciplined players and bad coaching from their opponents. KC was the better team last night, the players didn't execute for 90 minutes. Philly was powerless to stop them,"

As if Philly isn;t any good. But GOOD teams "take advantage of their mistakes."
Can both be true? What is your issue with what I said? KC lost a game they should have won. I am sure that Philly can add one more to their bandwagon. Hitch a ride.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did Mahomes have a better WR corp in the SB....no.
'Clutch' does involve others, however, if the QB cannot take the pressure, or overcome the poor plays it'll probably end in failure.
You can always deflect away from QB responsibility....but at the moment that's resulting in similar outcomes. Dak needs that Clutch performance.
We are discussing the Eagles and the Chiefs. What does Dak have to do with either?