It should be known now that you never ever give the ball back to Jalen Hurts

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If any of you believe that Hurts is the reason why they are winning, give me some proof. These wins are happening, due to miscues from undisciplined players and bad coaching from their opponents. KC was the better team last night, the players didn't execute for 90 minutes. Philly was powerless to stop them, but they took advantage of their mistakes.
Id wager thats what makes a good team good.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Jalen has won 8 straight in games where he was losing by double digits. The previous record was 5. He’s doesn’t even get out of bed unless the odds are impossible
This is a dumber stat than the Cowboys 100-yard thing.

He blew a lead AND failed to come back against the Chiefs. He's 0-1 in games he's trailed by less than 10.

Stupid.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If any of you believe that Hurts is the reason why they are winning, give me some proof. These wins are happening, due to miscues from undisciplined players and bad coaching from their opponents. KC was the better team last night, the players didn't execute for 90 minutes. Philly was powerless to stop them, but they took advantage of their mistakes.
This is like a Dak argument in reverse.
.... deflecting any praise away from Hurts.

In reality the Eagles have found a gameplan that suits their QB's strengths, with a run first approach, he has the mobility to keep downs alive and that ability to lead his team when they need him most.

Lucky, maybe, but you could argue you make your own luck and as the saying goes its better to be lucky than talented.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
But being fair to him, he doesnt need to be. His legs (and contract) gives him a threat for the next couple of years. The fact that he has that X-Factor that he can step up in adversity gives enough ammunition to build around.
He rushed for 26 yards.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
20 or 27…..his cap hit this year is an excuse…..

Dak has to do way more for his team to win and it’s not close.
But if your QB is paid $20m more (as is the case between Dak and Hurts) it's reasonable to expect additional responsibility for your buck.

Indeed, it's a must as the cheaper QB (should) have a better choice on weapons and protection.

Yes, there's always other factors but we can't obsolve Dak every time we come up short, especially when decrying someone who's succeeding.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I am looking what he did on the field in the 4th qtr, u looking at stats. The man is a winner and makes me ill
The two rushing TD's were conveniently left out of his sarcastic comment. Your point is spot on ... he finds ways to win sadly, and that is a good trait any team would want in their QB. I always like Hurts and how he carried himself in college and now in the NFL. I hate that he plays for Philly.

bottleKids

Reaction score
CBS Sports put out this release:

*Hurts has 13 consecutive wins against teams with winning records, breaking a tie with Peyton Manning and Vinny Testaverde for the most in NFL history.
*Hurts recorded his seventh straight victory when his team trailed by 10-plus points, extending his own record in the process.
*Since the stat was first tracked in 1991, Hurts is the only quarterback with five straight victories when his team trails by double digits (streak at seven). Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, and Vinny Testaverde each have four straight wins when their team trails by 10-plus points -- tied for second on the all-time list.
*Hurts has a .389 win percentage when trailing by 10-plus points, the second-best mark in the Super Bowl era (Patrick Mahomes is first with .560). Hurts is 8-11 when trailing by 10-plus points in his career, having a better win percentage than Tom Brady (.378) and Joe Montana (.370) -- third and fourth people on the list.
*What Hurts is accomplishing is unprecedented, as he's 26-2 in his last 28 starts. The Eagled are 9-1 in consecutive seasons for the first time in franchise history as a result.

Get ready for the nut-slobbing to go into overtime if the Eagles somehow win the Super Bowl. For some reason, I have no hatred for Hurts, unlike some former Eagle player and coaches. Hurts just seems like Dak, both being very decent people.

Next meeting, we knock them down a peg or two. We WILL win the next game against them.
A lot of big names in that blurb Hurts is being mentioned with ...... all luck I am sure.

aikemirv

Reaction score
14-22 for 150 yards and one INT.

Absolutely dominant.
Yeah he was poor most of the game and 50 of that was on screen passes. KC Wr's and Kelce folded. Kelce got TS on the brain I guess. KC needed to find a way to keep Tyreek - There WR's will be the death of them

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Stats or victory, I know which I prefer and It's not always what you do, it's what the opposition fears you're going to do.

Indeed,even when he doesn't use his no.1 weapon he can still win.
I, too, prefer victory. Definitely time to get the Eagles ball boy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But if your QB is paid $20m more (as is the case between Dak and Hurts) it's reasonable to expect additional responsibility for your buck.

Indeed, it's a must as the cheaper QB (should) have a better choice on weapons and protection.

Yes, there's always other factors but we can't obsolve Dak every time we come up short, especially when decrying someone who's succeeding.
ok.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The chiefs was in control with the lead and instead of going for it, they punt in the 4th qtr?? I am so sick of seeing this team squeak out wins every week
I'll agree with you on this. I can't believe the chiefs did that. Andy Reid was always kind of conservative. His protégé over in Jacksonville never would have done that. Doug Pederson. The Eagles fortunes go as far as Hurts, and his receivers take them. Their defense, or yours whoever you root for is average, and their secondary is one of the worst.