It's amazing what a real GM and coaching staff can do!

Harpospoke

Reaction score
Look at those Eagles go with a backup qb!
Exactly what I was thinking. Also noteworthy that the Pats have been able to win with backup QBs (including one that the Cowboys couldn't win with when Romo went down). Real organizations with real smart ownership.

Lots of fans blamed Tony Romo for the failures for years. Imagine if Romo played for an organization like the Pats or current Eagles?

J817

Reaction score
Who? Pederson? Foles played half a season with the Eagles in ‘12 and ‘14. He started 13 games for them in ‘13 and had great numbers. Pederson was the Eagles QB coach circa 2011-12 so he had some familiarity with him. It’s not like he picked him up off the street and coached him up. I’m not positive but I would be willing to bet JG didn’t have the final say of his back up being Weeded and Cassel, he ws playing with the horrendous deck that Jerry dealt him.

And was then given an even worse deck the next year with Moore and a 4th round QB project (remember we didn’t know Dak would have the season he did).

Proof

Reaction score
Why? It is absolutely pertinent to the Cowboys situation.

Except that we were literally them last year. Backup qb and all. And we were the toast of the town, had the coach of the year etc etc. but our fan base saw through it, but have no problem getting on their collective knees for the eagles of all teams.

Barf.

lk8701

Reaction score
Roseman has been their GM for 8 years. They've been to the playoffs 3 times and last week was their first playoff win during that time.

Exactly what are the criteria for being a "real" GM?

Andy Reid and Chip Kelly had the real control over personnel decisions. Roseman just had the title of GM. Roseman really took over during the 2016 offseason.

Hardline

Reaction score
And this is exactly why I was rooting for the Saints last week.

RS12

Reaction score
It's amazing what a real GM and coaching staff can do!

Didnt you hear? The 23rd and 8th years are when the light turns on.

superonyx

Reaction score
Roseman has been their GM for 8 years. They've been to the playoffs 3 times and last week was their first playoff win during that time.

Exactly what are the criteria for being a "real" GM?
To be fair to Roseman...he was stripped of his GM duties when Chip Kelly went to Laurie and demanded total control.

Roseman wasn’t responsible for trading away all the talent...that was Kelly.
You don’t believe me, look it up.

Sydla

Reaction score
To be fair to Roseman...he was stripped of his GM duties when Chip Kelly went to Laurie and demanded total control.

Roseman wasn’t responsible for trading away all the talent...that was Kelly.
You don’t believe me, look it up.

He keeps saying that and people keep telling him Roseann was essentially benched for 2.5 years where Kelly had all the control. And before that Reid has final say on personnel even with Roseann as GM.

Mannix

Reaction score
------Leadership baby and we have a big hole at GM and HC and our drafts are pot luck city

What about Taco? Snicker....giggle.....fart

Dre11

Reaction score
Forget QB. Look at all the injuries they sustained and overcame. Wow. We lose a couple of guys for a few games and we fall apart.

You don't see the big picture, Eagles have very good depth, due to a lot of salary cap money. They spent a lot in free agency, if they don't win it this year, they're going to have problems when those payments come due.