It's been two days

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
10 teams have said they are not interested so far. 10 out of 10. 21 more teams haven't signed him either. It doesn't look good for old Dezzie.

It doesn’t look good for him? It’s only been two days. Lol You honestly believe someone isn’t going to sign him? Free agency has been going on for a month and a lot of teams have fulfilled their free agent needs and don’t have a lot of cap space. Teams are looking ahead to the draft which is less than two weeks away. It’s going to take time for someone to work out a deal with Dez. Had he been released at the start of free agency he would have been signed within 2-3 days.

kskboys

Reaction score
It doesn’t look good for him? It’s only been two days. Lol You honestly believe someone isn’t going to sign him? Free agency has been going on for a month and a lot of teams have fulfilled their free agent needs and don’t have a lot of cap space. Teams are looking ahead to the draft which is less than two weeks away. It’s going to take time for someone to work out a deal with Dez. Had he been released at the start of free agency he would have been signed within 2-3 days.
My guess is that Dez will eventually be signed for around 6-8 mill/season by some team who thinks they can recapture his former glory. JAX maybe. OAK possibly.

And I may be a little high on that amount. Could easily be more like 3-4 mil/per.

Verdict

Reaction score

I don't think so. It is likely that someone will sign him but it may be for a shockingly low number.

Verdict

Reaction score
My guess is that Dez will eventually be signed for around 6-8 mill/season by some team who thinks they can recapture his former glory. JAX maybe. OAK possibly.

And I may be a little high on that amount. Could easily be more like 3-4 mil/per.

If Dez was going to make $8 million per season you would think by now teams would be expressing interest. All we have heard so far is that 10 teams have said they aren't interested.

He could easily end up playing for a bag of Lay's Potato chips.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dez was going to make $8 million per season you would think by now teams would be expressing interest. All we have heard so far is that 10 teams have said they aren't interested.

He could easily end up playing for a bag of Lay's Potato chips.

Where have you read no one is expressing any interest in him? So far 10 teams said they’re not interested which leaves 21 teams in play. He won’t be making elite money but he won’t be playing for peanuts either.

Verdict

Reaction score
Where have you read no one is expressing any interest in him? So far 10 teams said they’re not interested which leaves 21 teams in play. He won’t be making elite money but he won’t be playing for peanuts either.

No one has said any team is interested at this time. That's not to say there aren't, but we are not hearing any confirmation of that fact yet. You can't assume teams are beating down his doors when the ten teams polled all did not have any interest.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No one has said any team is interested at this time. That's not to say there aren't, but we are not hearing any confirmation of that fact yet. You can't assume teams are beating down his doors when the ten teams polled all did not have any interest.

Just because no team has come out and said they’re interested doesn’t mean no one is interested. You’re completely off base if you think there’s not a team out there that’s interested. He was made available so late in free agency that some teams that may have been interested don’t have the cap space. Dez may have to wait until after the draft because many teams have already plugged some holes and are now looking ahead to the draft. You have Dez way devalued. He was the best receiver we had and better than the two receivers we signed in free agency.

Hurns and Thompson combined didn’t catch as many passes or TDs as Dez did last season. The Cowboys are a worse team right now than they were 3 days ago. They’re banking on having a GREAT draft because if they don’t it could end up being a long 2018 season. The most significant move we made during free agency that could impact the team the most, isn’t the players we signed it was the player we let go. When the Cowboys released TO after the 08 season they ended up making the playoffs only once the next five years. That move was all about chemistry and trying to make the offense Romo friendly. The move to release Dez was the same thing, it’s all about chemistry and trying to make the offense Dak friendly.

Releasing Dez is going to put a lot more pressure on Dak because if he doesn’t bounce back in 2018 with the receivers we have in place, all the fingers will be pointing at him. He’s been roasted as it is this offseason by the fan base but he’s going to really get toasted if he doesn’t produce, especially if Dez has a productive season wherever he ends up. Everyone will start saying Dez wasn’t the problem it was Dak. A lot of heads could roll after the 2018 season if this move backfires.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
people fail to see its a Weekend .... He was let go of later in the day on Friday . Most teams are done with FA and also know there is no rush for Dez either ...since most teams are done. Just because he was not signed right away means little. Im sure his agent has been on the phone . would be suprised if he does not have a home by next weekend. If he doesnt , it will be a move after the draft

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's been two days and I haven't heard of any offers whatsoever to Dez. Where are all the teams beating down the doors to sign him to a mega-deal? Could it be that the team actually knew what it was doing?
Never. The coaching sucks, the ownership sucks, Dak sucks, the entire organization sucks. Just read the CZ and you'll see.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Nothing is probably going to happen until after the draft/ Dez will land somewhere.

Verdict

Reaction score
Nothing is probably going to happen until after the draft/ Dez will land somewhere.

Yeah because when a superior player comes available you want to give another team a shot at him too. So far so good. Crickets for old Dezzie boy.

Maybe he can fact us twice per year as a water boy for the Commanders. That counts, right??

Verdict

Reaction score
Just because no team has come out and said they’re interested doesn’t mean no one is interested. You’re completely off base if you think there’s not a team out there that’s interested. He was made available so late in free agency that some teams that may have been interested don’t have the cap space. Dez may have to wait until after the draft because many teams have already plugged some holes and are now looking ahead to the draft. You have Dez way devalued. He was the best receiver we had and better than the two receivers we signed in free agency.

Hurns and Thompson combined didn’t catch as many passes or TDs as Dez did last season. The Cowboys are a worse team right now than they were 3 days ago. They’re banking on having a GREAT draft because if they don’t it could end up being a long 2018 season. The most significant move we made during free agency that could impact the team the most, isn’t the players we signed it was the player we let go. When the Cowboys released TO after the 08 season they ended up making the playoffs only once the next five years. That move was all about chemistry and trying to make the offense Romo friendly. The move to release Dez was the same thing, it’s all about chemistry and trying to make the offense Dak friendly.

Releasing Dez is going to put a lot more pressure on Dak because if he doesn’t bounce back in 2018 with the receivers we have in place, all the fingers will be pointing at him. He’s been roasted as it is this offseason by the fan base but he’s going to really get toasted if he doesn’t produce, especially if Dez has a productive season wherever he ends up. Everyone will start saying Dez wasn’t the problem it was Dak. A lot of heads could roll after the 2018 season if this move backfires.
I think other people way over valued Dez. I was told there was ZERO percent chance he would be cut by the Dez Fan Bois.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think other people way over valued Dez. I was told there was ZERO percent chance he would be cut by the Dez Fan Bois.

Dez has a lot of fans and I never saw any of them say there was a ZERO percent chance of him being cut. There was way too much smoke in the air to think there wasn’t a chance of him being cut and a good chance. At the time we entered the offseason his chances of being back with the team were 50-50 and heading into last week they were less than that. Most insiders and those around the Cowboys thought he would be cut.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez has a lot of fans and I never saw any of them say there was a ZERO percent chance of him being cut. There was way too much smoke in the air to think there wasn’t a good chance of him being cut. At the time we entered the offseason his chances of being back with the team were 50-50 and heading into last week they were less than that. Most insiders and those around the Cowboys thought he would be cut.
Oh yeah. The Dez Fan Bois told me it would never happen. Lol. I haven't heard much from them in the past few days. Some of them have probably jumped off of a bridge.