It's frustrating

leeblair

Reaction score
Yes, it's a rant.
It's frustrating to know we're on the verge of yet another season and listening to the usual hype;
Knowing full well that, just as all of the wasted years under Jason Garrett and now Dak, that in January we will have watched a promising roster with true Super Bowl potential be once again wasted because of the lack of true leadership.
I watch objectively now; not with hope, but simply to see the inevitable collapse that I know will come as Dak chokes and shuts down when the Cowboys need him to be the reason they take the next step.
Since 2007 we have been forced to watch the team we grew up loving be changed into a circus, with Jerry as the ring leader and Garrett 2.0 (Dak) simply shrugging it off and letting someone else take the blame when he should be the one who makes the difference and makes them better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes, it's a rant.
It's frustrating to know we're on the verge of yet another season and listening to the usual hype;
Knowing full well that, just as all of the wasted years under Jason Garrett and now Dak, that in January we will have watched a promising roster with true Super Bowl potential be once again wasted because of the lack of true leadership.
I watch objectively now; not with hope, but simply to see the inevitable collapse that I know will come as Dak chokes and shuts down when the Cowboys need him to be the reason they take the next step.
Since 2007 we have been forced to watch the team we grew up loving be changed into a circus, with Jerry as the ring leader and Garrett 2.0 (Dak) simply shrugging it off and letting someone else take the blame when he should be the one who makes the difference and makes them better.
Ive never seen so many people with a loser attitude than I’ve seen here. It’s a sad dichotomy to when men where men.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like further explanation.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You must know....I don't consider anyone a loser, unless they quit. You'll never know what you could have done, if you quit.
I understand your philosophy, and agree completely, but how does this apply to sports fandom since there is literally nothing a fan can do to influence the team's fortunes?

How can you really "Quit" on something you can't influence in any way?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand your philosophy, and agree completely, but how does this apply to sports fandom since there is literally nothing a fan can do to influence the team's fortunes?

How can you really "Quit" on something you can't influence in any way?
By saying that we will not succeed, before having played one game....they quit on the team and I dont consider those as being fans. Thats just the way I see it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
By saying that we will not succeed, before having played one game....they quit on the team and I dont consider those as being fans. Thats just the way I see it.
Yea, but. It was the portion of your post that I bolded, that I was referring to.

How can we not accomplish something we have no power to accomplish, by "quitting".

leeblair

Reaction score
Well you're wrong.

We've seen what is going to happen because we have srven years of recent history to show us how Dak will react in crunch time.
You mistake real Cowboys fans with Dak fans. We aren't happy because we KNOW where the problem lies, and Jerry refuses to fix it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, but. It was the portion of your post that I bolded, that I was referring to.

How can we not accomplish something we have no power to accomplish, by "quitting".
I know we can't make a difference on the field of FO, but to be throwing in the towel and constantly bashing players and the FO, doesn't change anything either.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you're wrong.

We've seen what is going to happen because we have srven years of recent history to show us how Dak will react in crunch time.
You mistake real Cowboys fans with Dak fans. We aren't happy because we KNOW where the problem lies, and Jerry refuses to fix it.
You're a Steeler fan anyway, so I don't give a crap about your thoughts....I just hate quitters

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes, it's a rant.
Frustrating? They have improved the team that won 13 games and are a contender to win the whole thing. They have excellent players and coaches and you come up with a bunch of negative crap.