It's frustrating

leeblair

Reaction score
Frustrating? They have improved the team that won 13 games and are a contender to win the whole thing. They have excellent players and coaches and you come up with a bunch of negative crap.
Wow.
But they still have a quarterback who chokes in crunch time.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yes, it's a rant.
It's frustrating to know we're on the verge of yet another season and listening to the usual hype;
Knowing full well that, just as all of the wasted years under Jason Garrett and now Dak, that in January we will have watched a promising roster with true Super Bowl potential be once again wasted because of the lack of true leadership.
I watch objectively now; not with hope, but simply to see the inevitable collapse that I know will come as Dak chokes and shuts down when the Cowboys need him to be the reason they take the next step.
Since 2007 we have been forced to watch the team we grew up loving be changed into a circus, with Jerry as the ring leader and Garrett 2.0 (Dak) simply shrugging it off and letting someone else take the blame when he should be the one who makes the difference and makes them better.
I hear you, but the "as Dak chokes" part, what about pre-2016?

Did you make the same rant with Romo, Carter, Bledsoe, Testaverde? And even pre-Jerry with Meredith and White?
Singling out Dak, who as we have to recall was a 4th round pick, for your rant is misplaced. Yes, he's not "gotten 'er done", but how many 4th rounders have SB success? Most never do squat. Many first, second and third rounders do little to nothing, either.

Meanwhile we have a 6th round pick winning 7 SBs.

If the Cowboys' plan is to have a 4th round draft pick be the starting quarterback, then you have to expect winning SBs or even getting to the conference championship game ain't going to happen with regularity.

Blame Jerry, if you want to rant....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Wow.
But they still have a quarterback who chokes in crunch time.
I'd be pleased to know from you a couple of things:
1. After 2016 would you have dumped Dak and drafted another quarterback? (No 20/20 hindsight, please).
2. Assuming we know that Dak will, as many have said here, never do better than an occasional first round playoff win, what would your plan be to get the Cowboys back to the promised land?

And note this is a serious question, I'm not being sarcastic or dissing you....

leeblair

Reaction score
I'd be pleased to know from you a couple of things:
1. After 2016 would you have dumped Dak and drafted another quarterback? (No 20/20 hindsight, please).
2. Assuming we know that Dak will, as many have said here, never do better than an occasional first round playoff win, what would your plan be to get the Cowboys back to the promised land?

And note this is a serious question, I'm not being sarcastic or dissing you....
1.Yes. I knew then he didn't have it.

2. Simple. The Cowboys should get a real quarterback. They solved the coaching problem when Garrett
was let go and McCarthy was hired. Unfortunately, Garrett had already instilled in Dak how to let others take the blame for his failures, and Dak is Garrett 2.0.

rambo2

Reaction score
1.Yes. I knew then he didn't have it.

2. Simple. The Cowboys should get a real quarterback. They solved the coaching problem when Garrett
was let go and McCarthy was hired. Unfortunately, Garrett had already instilled in Dak how to let others take the blame for his failures, and Dak is Garrett 2.0.
You get a big lol. Enjoy the season. Enjoy the ride. This team is good.

ESisback

Reaction score
You get a big lol. Enjoy the season. Enjoy the ride. This team is good.
He won’t see it, he won’t accept it. As long as Dak is the QB1 we’re doomed. Might as well watch movies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm with this team through and through. I've never seen success as a Cowboys fan, but I watch every season. Hopefully, this season, we have a great season. I'm hoping we can at least make it to the NFCC. That'd be fun.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They have an outstanding team. How about growing some balls and enjoy the season? This team is good. Really good. To be negative now is ridiculous.

Exactly, and I think, if the Cowboys can stay healthy and not commit dumb penalities, the Cowboys can make the NFCC at a minimum this year.

rambo2

Reaction score
He won’t see it, he won’t accept it. As long as Dak is the QB1 we’re doomed. Might as well watch movies.
Lol, it is so funny all the bs that is on here. We are so lucky to have a good team and a good qb as well.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think we’ll definitely win more than 9, but there are so many variables. Even if we win fewer games, we SHOULD BE a better team!

Agreed, like I said, I think if we can stay healthy and stay off the penalties, we can make it to the NFCC

DFWJC

Reaction score
Given the Cowboys overall roster and the state of the NFC, I like our odds to at-least get to the NFC Title game this year