It's hard to believe, but some here really wanted Wentz over Dak

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not reaching conclusions on Wentz at this point. I'm just not buying the entire argument that it's the o-line that makes Prescott look good, we went through 3 QBS last season and none even come close to this kind of performance, plus many people had concerns about our receivers coming into the season and Dak was without Dez for a few games and played well...The one thing Dak doesn't have that Wentz does is the luxury of making mistakes and counting on the defense to consistently bail him out...to me, that's been the biggest plus, Daks lack of turnovers, I think if he had thrown more INTS at this point I doubt we'd be 9-1...

I can live with that.

But I think one is being a homer if they don't at least admit Prescott has been put in a better situation to succeed than Wentz. That's not a knock on Dak or anything like that. But facts are facts. Prescott has had a much better situation on offense than Wentz has had.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I posted a while back about how Dak had so much more upside than Wentz for a variety of reasons and many ridiculed me. Ive said it once and will say it again, Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen.

This was the NFL's best defense we just played today, and they had zero chance to slow down Rookie Dak. Let's keep this streak going!

Yep, and who are all the laughable fans that were crying for their hero Romo all season?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can't really say that.

Yes it's good that we have Dak, and many of us (except the ones who still want be right) wouldn't trade him for anyone, or mostly anyone.

At the end of the day, Wentz looked like the better prospect, still is a good player. We got lucky with Dak, we got lucky that we got him. It happens like that sometimes.

When we drafted him, I looked him up, and saw potential, and was happy, but let's not get beside ourselves and pretend we been knew about him, and those wanting anyone else is a complete moron.

Wents never looked like the better prospect.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not reaching conclusions on Wentz at this point. I'm just not buying the entire argument that it's the o-line that makes Prescott look good, we went through 3 QBS last season and none even come close to this kind of performance, plus many people had concerns about our receivers coming into the season and Dak was without Dez for a few games and played well...The one thing Dak doesn't have that Wentz does is the luxury of making mistakes and counting on the defense to consistently bail him out...to me, that's been the biggest plus, Daks lack of turnovers, I think if he had thrown more INTS at this point I doubt we'd be 9-1...

Love Dak, but there is no denying that the Oline and the run game are helping him out. They would help out any QB.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Love Dak, but there is no denying that the Oline and the run game are helping him out. They would help out any QB.

I don't disagree it's helping, just like it helped Romo in 2014 and should have helped in 2015...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Put Dak on the Eagles and put Wentz here. Cmon Man, Wentz has the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Even when he hits the receivers in the hands they drop the ball on him.

Wentz has looked pretty good imo and that is with awful WR's and the Alex Smith gameplan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't disagree it's helping, just like it helped Romo in 2014 and should have helped in 2015...

Yes, but you have to be on the field for it to help you.

And the announcers did a great job last night pointing out how Daks mobility has taken the offense to another level and made them harder to defend then with Romo. And how he has helped out the run game having to account for that.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
A good o-line can only help a good QB.

A bad QB will not succeed in the NFL, period.

4-12 last year, one win without Romo practically the same line as this year and 2014.

haleyrules

Reaction score
The greatest problem for the 4-12 club was the loss of the running game...even a average QB can hand the ball off. Neither Weeden nor Cassels could maintain the throwing game.