It's (near) official-Favre will be a Buc...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Got this off another MB:

Savebrett.net reports the trade is already official and will be announced soon

Tampa Tribune says the deal will be announced wednesday (according to ESPN)

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet it's a one year deal and the bucs only give a mid round pick. That way DBag favre gets to go where he wants in 2009. Hopefully his head is stoved in before that point.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boysboy;2177457 said:
Got this off another MB:

Savebrett.net reports the trade is already official and will be announced soon

Tampa Tribune says the deal will be announced wednesday (according to ESPN)

This is actually good news, Tampa is no threat even with Favre. If Favre stayed in GB or went to the Vikes, I would be a little worried.

I really dont see anybody in our way in the NFC now, not even the G-men after their fluke season.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;2177515 said:
He's the one who's never won in Texas stadium. :)

Yep... Superman has never won at Texas Stadium...

Isn't it like 0-11? I wonder if that will go in his record book...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2177486 said:
Who's Brett Favre?

look up primadonna attention ***** in the dictionary and you'll see his pic.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
iceberg;2177537 said:

attention_whore23.jpg

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
iceberg;2177537 said:
Jay Glazer was on Mike and Mike this morning, and he said that Favre unretired twice during the offseason, only to then change his mind.

The first time, the Packers had actually written a press release to welcome him back, and then Favre changed his mind. He then did it again just before the draft.

He said that when Favre tried to unretire for a 3rd time, the Pack told him they were fed up with him, which led to this current mess.

If what Glazer said was true, I don't blame the Pack one bit.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Is there anything to stop the Bucs from trading him to Minny if they want to?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
aikemirv;2177563 said:
Is there anything to stop the Bucs from trading him to Minny if they want to?

Probably, but nothing that would stop them from trading Garcia.

juck

Reaction score
This is perfect he would have made Vikings or packers much better,now he has Tampa and they will give Saints fits,I like that cause Saints are our worst enemy IMO.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JETS MAKE BEST OFFER, ARE FAVRE’S LAST CHOICE
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 6, 2008, 8:39 a.m.

It now appears that the New York Jets are the team willing to part with the best package to acquire Brett Favre in a trade, and that New York is the place the Packers would like to ship Favre, because it gets him out of the NFC.

But it also appears that of all the teams that have an interest in Favre’s services, the Jets are the team Favre least wants to play for.

Appearing on ESPN Radio this morning, Fox Sports reporter Jay Glazer said the Tampa Tribune’s report that Favre is on the verge of being a Buc is not true, and that there’s a lot of negotiation still to be done before any deal could be completed.

“Right now the Jets have a better deal on the table than the Buccaneers do,” Glazer said. “The deal the Jets are offering right now is so much sweeter than the deal the Buccaneers are offering.”

But Glazer added that even though Favre is talking to the Jets, he so far simply hasn’t warmed up to the idea of playing for them.

And since no Favre trade will be completed until his new team is sure that he’ll be committed, that leaves us pretty much where we were last night: Wondering if Favre and the Packers can ever make up their minds about a scenario that will work for all of them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There will be absolutely no hype leading up to the Sunday September 28th Green Bay packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers game.

None at all.

Favre and the Buccaneers will be coming to Dallas on Sunday October 26th. Brett has never won a game at Texas Stadium.

Dallas has never won at Lambeau Field. 0-5. This year we travel there on Sunday Spetember 21st to face the player we knocked out of the 2007 season in Aaron Rodgers. We knock him out again and all that is left for the Packers are rookie QBs.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The Tampa-Dallas game at the stadium is one of only two noon starts.

That would surely be changed to 3:15 if favre is a buc.