It's (near) official-Favre will be a Buc...

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I would NOT rule out the Bucs this season if they get him. Lets look at history and see what's staring us right in the face- Packer teams have notoriously sucked from top to bottom for many, many, many years, and the only way they were ever in contention half the time was solely due to #4.

I don't care what team he goes to, he immediately gives them a chance. And doubly so if whichever team he goes to jumps right on board behind him.

If in the NFC, what?, he has to muster up roughly only 8 wins to get into the playoffs? Well, in the NFC, an elite QB is all that's really needed to do that. Truly. 8 wins is nothing. Favre in the playoffs. With the right set of games in those playoffs, he could literally dominate and we could see him here in the Championship game, Packer or not.

On top of all that, he's out to prove something grand this year and I wouldn't put anything past his possible nature. This guy is going to go out swinging harder than he ever did in his career, that's my prediction.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2178100 said:
That's not the point of contention. The point is, when he did decide he wanted to play after changing his mind twice (or five times, who cares), he wanted to play for the Packers. He found out they were less than warm to the idea and that's when he decided he wanted to play for someone else.

This other character is suggesting he wanted to play for another team all along. Which is a total joke.

as a manager, would you put your faith in someone who waffles more than both politicians put together on simply whether or not he wants to play a game anymore?

if he can't commit, i wouldn't want him anyway.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2178100 said:
That's not the point of contention. The point is, when he did decide he wanted to play after changing his mind twice (or five times, who cares), he wanted to play for the Packers. He found out they were less than warm to the idea and that's when he decided he wanted to play for someone else.

This other character is suggesting he wanted to play for another team all along. Which is a total joke.

Wrong. From the get-go, he has asked for his unconditional release. Not his old job back. Not a trade to a team he didn't approve of. His release. I'll keep reminding you of this inconvenient fact till it sinks in.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2178105 said:
I would NOT rule out the Bucs this season if they get him. Lets look at history and see what's staring us right in the face- Packer teams have notoriously sucked from top to bottom for many, many, many years, and the only way they were ever in contention half the time was solely due to #4.

I don't care what team he goes to, he immediately gives them a chance. And doubly so if whichever team he goes to jumps right on board behind him.

If in the NFC, what?, he has to muster up roughly only 8 wins to get into the playoffs? Well, in the NFC, an elite QB is all that's really needed to do that. Truly. 8 wins is nothing. Favre in the playoffs. With the right set of games in those playoffs, he could literally dominate and we could see him here in the Championship game, Packer or not.
On top of all that, he's out to prove something grand this year and I wouldn't put anything past his possible nature. This guy is going to go out swinging harder than he ever did in his career, that's my prediction.

Favre is just not that good anymore.

He would be a slight upgrade over Garcia especially when you are considering the fact that he has a very late start and has never worked with any of those WR's

cowboys2233

Reaction score
bbgun;2178111 said:
Wrong. From the get-go, he has asked for his unconditional release. Not his old job back. Not a trade to a team he didn't approve of. His release. I'll keep reminding you of this inconvenient fact till it sinks in.

Just out of curiosity, when you say from the get-go, exactly when does the get-go start in your world?

Favre wanted to play for the Packers, the Packers ultimately did not want him, and then Favre asked for his unconditional release.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2178149 said:
Favre wanted to play for the Packers, the Packers ultimately did not want him, and then Favre asked for his unconditional release.

Bullcrap. Goodbye.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2178105 said:

Eight wins will definitely not get you into the playoffs this season unless you play in the NFC West.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
AtlCB;2178175 said:
Eight wins will definitely not get you into the playoffs this season unless you play in the NFC West.

Agreed, I could envision every team in the NFC East getting at least 8 wins again.

7 wins might get you the division title in the West. :laugh2:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2178149 said:
Just out of curiosity, when you say from the get-go, exactly when does the get-go start in your world?

favre wanted to play.
then he didn't.
then he didn't know.
then he did.
so he did. this was like 4 years ago. repeat the next NFL seasons end over and over ad nausem.

now, in this off-season he went through the drama.

again.

and retired. again.

then through the course of his retirement, he unretired, again.

and the packers said "ok, come on back!" and were ready to go with it.

again.

then favre retired. again.

and the management went on.

then he unretired. again. then retired again.

management cares less than i do now.

then when pre-season started, he unretired and the management has had enough of his reindeer LOOK AT ME MA! games and just want to move on.

if you get off on all that you go for it. those of us who want to let go and move on have long since lost our interest in giget.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
iceberg;2178225 said:
favre wanted to play.
then he didn't.
then he didn't know.
then he did.
so he did. this was like 4 years ago. repeat the next NFL seasons end over and over ad nausem.

now, in this off-season he went through the drama.

again.

and retired. again.

then through the course of his retirement, he unretired, again.

and the packers said "ok, come on back!" and were ready to go with it.

again.

then favre retired. again.

and the management went on.

then he unretired. again. then retired again.

management cares less than i do now.

then when pre-season started, he unretired and the management has had enough of his reindeer LOOK AT ME MA! games and just want to move on.

if you get off on all that you go for it. those of us who want to let go and move on have long since lost our interest in giget.

It's so funny how you jump in when you weren't even part of the conversation iceberg, and then say "for those of us," as if you're speaking for anyone other than your sad little self. Are you that desperate for friends and comradery? If you want to let go and move on, then why don't you ****?

But I agree that this has gone on long enough -- I feel like I'm arguing about a blatantly obvious fact and that guys like you are too dim to even realize what the argument is actually about.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
bbgun;2178161 said:
Bullcrap. Goodbye.

Agreed. There's no doubt in my mind that Favre wanted to play for the "just-a-quarterback-away" Vikings and that's why he started this process in June.

I think that became very apparent to Mike McCarthy when he sat down with Favre earlier this week. If Favre was committed to playing for Green Bay, he would be on the practice field for them right now.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
this is too much!!!! Farve is WEAK!!!!! he should have forced their hand!!!! show up at camp be the backup, make it uncomfortable for them....make them trade you. he's being too nice, look at how the team flipped on him in the media.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
iceberg;2177537 said:
look up primadonna attention ***** in the dictionary and you'll see his pic.

While I do think Favre could have handled this better, the media is the one making this a circus. Not Favre. All the guy wanted to do was unretire. Then the Packers tell him no for $12 million reasons. And that's the only reason they don't want him because anyone knows this year Rodgers is not as good as Favre.

There is no reason to harp on the Packers or Favre for this circus. Harp on ESPN and the media who use any excuse to fan a match into a forest fire.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Chief;2178276 said:
Agreed. There's no doubt in my mind that Favre wanted to play for the "just-a-quarterback-away" Vikings and that's why he started this process in June.

I think that became very apparent to Mike McCarthy when he sat down with Favre earlier this week. If Favre was committed to playing for Green Bay, he would be on the practice field for them right now.

Okay, one more time (and I'll even reference Michael Silver's column, since a couple of you have a hard time listening to me)...

After floating his desire to come out of retirement, Favre waited for Thompson and McCarthy to embrace him as the reinstalled starter, just as he so often has demanded to be indulged over the latter part of his career. This time, they didn’t respond positively – partly because they didn’t believe he wanted to come back and play, partly because they already had committed to Rodgers and didn’t want to destroy their relationship with a talented quarterback they had spent years grooming, and partly because they were tired of being in a subservient position.
Favre got more and more resentful, lashing out publicly and privately demanding to be released.

This is exactly what I said, exactly. He originally wanted to come back to the Packers, and only wanted an unconditional release after they didn't respond positively. Good lord people. What about Favre "waiting for Thompson and McCarthy to embrace him as the starter" don't you understand? In your world, that means that Favre was looking to play for the Vikings? :rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2178264 said:
It's so funny how you jump in when you weren't even part of the conversation iceberg, and then say "for those of us," as if you're speaking for anyone other than your sad little self. Are you that desperate for friends and comradery? If you want to let go and move on, then why don't you ****?

But I agree that this has gone on long enough -- I feel like I'm arguing about a blatantly obvious fact and that guys like you are too dim to even realize what the argument is actually about.

i'm speaking for myself and yes, there are those who are also like minded that i group myself with them, not them with me.

am i wrong for jumping into a convo on a public bbs?

son of a .... i'll brb man...gotta reread the rules again...

cowboys2233

Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2178287 said:
this is too much!!!! Farve is WEAK!!!!! he should have forced their hand!!!! show up at camp be the backup, make it uncomfortable for them....make them trade you. he's being too nice, look at how the team flipped on him in the media.

I agree with that -- he could have made his way to the Vikings if he really wanted to. Giving in to a trade to the Bucs or friggin' Jets is ******** on his part. But as far as I know, it hasn't happened yet. He'll probably change his mind again. :laugh2:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jobberone;2178298 said:
While I do think Favre could have handled this better, the media is the one making this a circus. Not Favre. All the guy wanted to do was unretire. Then the Packers tell him no for $12 million reasons. And that's the only reason they don't want him because anyone knows this year Rodgers is not as good as Favre.

There is no reason to harp on the Packers or Favre for this circus. Harp on ESPN and the media who use any excuse to fan a match into a forest fire.

it's the medias job to create a circus so we can all watch and get tired of it and argue like this online. : )

favre knows how to play the media to max value. he does it.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
iceberg;2178309 said:
i'm speaking for myself and yes, there are those who are also like minded that i group myself with them, not them with me.

am i wrong for jumping into a convo on a public bbs?

son of a .... i'll brb man...gotta reread the rules again...

No, unless you continue to point out how tired you are of the subject and of me, which you do on a frequent basis. Then you just sound really dumb. And you like to refer to "us" in your posts, which definitely points to your need to be loved and accepted. :laugh2:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
iceberg;2178311 said:
favre knows how to play the media to max value.

That's the truth.

His style is subtle and more effective than the obvious self-promoters like Chad Johnson.