News: ITS: No Surprise Here, Florida Tight End Kyle Pitts Having a Fantastic Pro Day

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Drafting a TE that high is a deathknell. It doesn’t matter if he’s Tony Gonzalez, TE’s don’t contribute much to rebuilding efforts.

they’re frosting, you don’t add it while you’re still mixing the cake.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Drafting a TE that high is a deathknell. It doesn’t matter if he’s Tony Gonzalez, TE’s don’t contribute much to rebuilding efforts.

So you’d hope your FO would pass on him DD? Your rebuild isn’t any farther along than ours is.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Had we gotten Peterson you still would've had to go corner though. He's at stop gap at best.

That's the thing about the draft.....this season is going to come down to Brown, Jourdan Lewis and Diggs. The rookie corner won't have the impact a veteran would. So regardless if we take Surtain or whomever....its not going to result in more wins. But I'm not just playing for this year I'm playing for the future and if I have 4 years of Diggs and Surtain on rookie deals I'm satisfied......
Had we gotten Peterson you still would've had to go corner though. He's at stop gap at best.

That's the thing about the draft.....this season is going to come down to Brown, Jourdan Lewis and Diggs. The rookie corner won't have the impact a veteran would. So regardless if we take Surtain or whomever....its not going to result in more wins. But I'm not just playing for this year I'm playing for the future and if I have 4 years of Diggs and Surtain on rookie deals I'm satisfied......

I absolutely agree. I still think we need a corner. But I just think we would have been in much better position if we gotten Peterson. I know Lewis we got for cheap. But come on...Do we really want Lewis? Or someone like Peterson?

We would have much more flexibility in the draft if we would have just let Lewis go and not sign these others FA. We can still find a dependable safety in the draft and a linebacker. Therefore, we don't have much flexibility when it comes to the draft.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So you’d hope your FO would pass on him DD? Your rebuild isn’t any farther along than ours is.

Yes, go back and look at all the teams that took TE’s in the top half of the draft over the last 20 years. It’s 4 total guys in that whole span, anywhere in the top 16. 2 Lions, a Brown, and Vernon Davis.

two things you can take from that: smart teams avoid it like the plague, and it’s Not a stretch to say every single one of the aforementioned regretted not taking line help that they sorely needed.

I’m happy Philly is now out of position to take him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
While it'd be tough to pass up Kyle Pitts at pick #10, it'd be just as hard to pass on Surtain when he's needed so badly. It's quite possible Pitts won't even get that far anyway, however. The Cowboys are stocked well enough with tight ends that he shouldn't be overly tempting, imho.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Biggest surprise to me was the speed. Good WR speed. I had thought he was 4.6+.

Changes a lot for me. His floor just went up a lot. I thought he was potentially just a tall, slow WR. Big chance to bust. Nope. That's real WR speed. He's a huge WR with legitimate speed, huge hands and long arms. The arm length will come in handy for blocking too. He has OT arms. So much you can do with this guy.

Can't see us spending our 1st *three years in a row* on a receiver, but can't say I'd cry that much over it either.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
While it'd be tough to pass up Kyle Pitts at pick #10, it'd be just as hard to pass on Surtain when he's needed so badly. It's quite possible Pitts won't even get that far anyway, however. The Cowboys are stocked well enough with tight ends that he shouldn't be overly tempting, imho.

The 4.44 makes him a WR with a TE's body. Our TEs, or most any TEs, just aren't comparable. He's a *really* big and strong WR. Big enough to line up as TE. Long enough arms to block some DEs, let alone LBs.

Seems like a unique talent. A Lebron James type physical freak of his era.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The 4.44 makes him a WR with a TE's body. Our TEs, or most any TEs, just aren't comparable. He's a *really* big and strong WR. Big enough to line up as TE. Long enough arms to block some DEs, let alone LBs.

Seems like a unique talent. A Lebron James type physical freak of his era.

I don't doubt his abilities -- they're surely well proven.

I just doubt we're likely to pass on Surtain when he's needed so badly.

We'll see about that, though. We have enough quality with our TE's that we could pass on him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't doubt his abilities -- they're surely well proven.

I just doubt we're likely to pass on Surtain when he's needed so badly.

We'll see about that, though. We have enough quality with our TE's that we could pass on him.

There are quality TEs, then there are HOF TEs. Same with players. Pitts looks like true HOF potential. Surtain? More like a good player.

Our last 10 was more like Pitts than Surtain.

Spending on Pitts surely isn't a need. But he's a talent hard to pass up, especially with no truly special defensive players as alternatives.

But with Pitts' 40 time, I doubt he drops to us at all. His potential will surely occur to everyone, and someone will bite before we have a chance. If nothing else, some bottom market team will take the opportunity to get a special player to get butts in the seats for their otherwise lackluster games.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------I see him being a tweener in the pro's.

No more of a tweener than Schultz is.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Love to see him there at 10 with the CB's still on the board. Would be like leaving a fat kid in the candy store by himself with noone in it but the camera.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

While your team trades up to draft Goedert (sp?).
Well that sucked.

Bizwah

Reaction score
As excited as I would be about the prospect of getting Pitts....he won't be there. I think many others have it right. He will probably get snatched by Atlanta. Supposedly Atlanta really likes him.

Yeah, there have been QB discussions with them. But I really don't see them moving away from Ryan just yet. They will go Pitts.

Rayman70

Reaction score
As excited as I would be about the prospect of getting Pitts....he won't be there. I think many others have it right. He will probably get snatched by Atlanta. Supposedly Atlanta really likes him.

Yeah, there have been QB discussions with them. But I really don't see them moving away from Ryan just yet. They will go Pitts.
If Mac Jones is there at 4, ATL will take him. Otherwise Its Pitts .