News: ITS: No Surprise Here, Florida Tight End Kyle Pitts Having a Fantastic Pro Day

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, go back and look at all the teams that took TE’s in the top half of the draft over the last 20 years. It’s 4 total guys in that whole span, anywhere in the top 16. 2 Lions, a Brown, and Vernon Davis.

two things you can take from that: smart teams avoid it like the plague, and it’s Not a stretch to say every single one of the aforementioned regretted not taking line help that they sorely needed.

I’m happy Philly is now out of position to take him.
Philly has trouble drafting offensive players anyway so chances are had they drafted Pitts he probably would've busted...

sacase

Reaction score
I am 100% stuck on Surtain, but if he is there, I don't see how we pass on him. Absolutely no way we pass.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No need to sell me on Pitts -- I've known all along what he's capable of. Like they say, he's a generational talent that would be tough to pass on. I won't complain if he's there at #10 and if we decide to take him, although, I could easily say the same about Surtain and for a good reason.

The same that Surtain is a generational too, or just that you wouldn't complain?

Hard to pass on Pitts, though that would make us Detroit, taking 3 1st round picks in a row as WRs. Don't like that.

Surtain, I just don't need him at 10. Surtain seems much more ordinary. After Mo, I'm not trusting college DBs on dominant teams. Makes it too easy to look dominant yourself. I'm not a fan of drafting CBs that high unless they're physical freaks.

And either of those guys amounts to yet another CB/WR. Last two first were WRs, and last 2nd pick was a CB.

If I'm picking at 10, I want a special player or at least a premium position. The league may think otherwise, but I don't consider CB a premium position, and Surtain don't seem like a freak to me.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have zero faith in this team picking defense outside of the 1st round.....

That's funny. I have no faith in them picking defense *in* the first. Taco, LVE, almost Jaylon. That's a grim record lately.

6th round, we've been pretty good at value there.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A TE is a great security blanket to have for any QB and Dak would have at least 2 outstanding ones. It might open up running lanes for Zeke too if they think we might throw it to Pitts. How do ya defend that? lol...This league is about running the ball and spreading out the defense to make them defend every inch of turf. It actually would help the defense too.
Pitts wont be there, Miami traded up to that 6 to secure some talent for Tua.
I would be shocked if he got past Miami.

ghst187

Reaction score
I’m actually pretty content with Jarwin and Schultz but Pitts would be a dream too good to pass up, possibly best player in the draft. Possibly all pro talent.
I agree I think Miami takes him or someone trades in front of them to grab him. I don’t want him in Philly or NY.
Not crazy about any defensive player at ten. Surtain is probably the safest pick. I like Farleys talent better but I don’t trust him to stay on the field.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don’t care about the talent. This team needs defense. Lots and lots of defense.

tunahelper

Reaction score
No brainer if he gets to 10. Nobody could stop us going 4-5 wide

Pitts has the tape and great measurables. I still want Surtain at 10. This defense has to be competent and bring some balance to the flow of our game. Dak and the offense have to get into a rhythm, so the defense has to be able to get some three and outs. If our defense can compete and slow down opponents offense, our offense can build leads and then start to hammer Zeke. Then play action for big chunks of yardage.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’m actually pretty content with Jarwin and Schultz but Pitts would be a dream too good to pass up, possibly best player in the draft. Possibly all pro talent.
I agree I think Miami takes him or someone trades in front of them to grab him. I don’t want him in Philly or NY.
Not crazy about any defensive player at ten. Surtain is probably the safest pick. I like Farleys talent better but I don’t trust him to stay on the field.
Most fans dont want to hear it, but I put Chase right there alongside Pitts as the real two Blue Chippers.
If 5 QBs go in the top 9 picks, someone is going to shoot out, and that scenario is in play.
SF traded up to the 3 to take a QB, and now its a numbers game, pushes Mac Jones value back up there.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I’m getting tired of DC Helman, dumb butt Cavanaugh and all the Cowboys media hyping up another OJ Howard.

Jerry better NOT DRAFT this guy when we have so much need on defense. The only players worth taking at 10 on offense are OTs Sewell & Slat. Otherwise trade down and get mote picks.

DO NOT RUIN THIS SEASON AGAIN WITH TRASH DEFENSE. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Pretty sure there are two threads going in the top ten here with loads of Pitts info, including one just about him.

Was this really necessary?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Pretty sure there are two threads going in the top ten here with loads of Pitts info, including one just about him.

Was this really necessary?
He is the Shock Jock

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m getting tired of DC Helman, dumb butt Cavanaugh and all the Cowboys media hyping up another OJ Howard.

Jerry better NOT DRAFT this guy when we have so much need on defense. The only players worth taking at 10 on offense are OTs Sewell & Slat. Otherwise trade down and get mote picks.

DO NOT RUIN THIS SEASON AGAIN WITH TRASH DEFENSE. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

1) Pitts and Howard arent comparable

2) You dont want to take Pitts because he is an offensive player. However you are willing to take two guys that will probably play OG in 2021 at #10

You need to find another medium for these streams of consciousness