It's not Garrett's fault

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not quit sure why anybody thinks this isn't true. Homers know it,It's not news but Garrett is the head coach till 2019.
ad nauseam" signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively,

So what if we don't win anymore playoff games? Is Garrett still safe as a baby until his contract expires in 2019?

So I guess the real question is, why is Garrett's job safe regardless of on the field performance of his team? If it doesn't matter if his team wins 5 games or 10 games or makes the playoffs or doesn't make the playoffs, is he really even a head coach at that point or would another title be more appropriate?

Serious question.

waving monkey

Reaction score
So what if we don't win anymore playoff games? Is Garrett still safe as a baby until his contract expires in 2019?

So I guess the real question is, why is Garrett's job safe regardless of on the field performance of his team? If it doesn't matter if his team wins 5 games or 10 games or makes the playoffs or doesn't make the playoffs, is he really even a head coach at that point or would another title be more appropriate?

Serious question.
Is Garrett the head coach in fact? Yes.
The players play for him. I suppose the assistant coaches coach for him.
JJones will honor the contract. It isn't whether you or I agree with that decision JJones will give him
the entire five years. Now you and others may protest but it is what it is.
I think we will see better and better results. You and others don't.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I heard an interview on Sirius with Tyrone Crawford a few weeks ago. He said that JG is a motivator and high level coach; that he is a delegator and his coordinators develop most of the game plan during the week.

Maybe quite simply JG should be more involved, not less. I like that he is aggressive, on 4th and short, the fake punt two weeks ago. We know he’s smart.

Remember, this is the same coach who brought the team to 13-3 only a year ago.

Having said that, if he does somehow get canned, I hope that Jerry goes all in for Jon Gruden. And Gruden loves Dak.

diefree666

Reaction score
Is Garrett the head coach in fact? Yes.
The players play for him. I suppose the assistant coaches coach for him.
JJones will honor the contract. It isn't whether you or I agree with that decision JJones will give him
the entire five years. Now you and others may protest but it is what it is.
I think we will see better and better results. You and others don't.
the evidence on the field pretty much makes you a wearer of rose colored glasses

waving monkey

Reaction score
the evidence on the field pretty much makes you a wearer of rose colored glasses
I see a team that has been rebuilt and that rebuild has better players and attitude.
I see a dominant team that then falls back and needs more replacements.
this team will continue to improve and make the play offs eventually win a SB
You don't agree why I'm I not surprised.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I heard an interview on Sirius with Tyrone Crawford a few weeks ago. He said that JG is a motivator and high level coach; that he is a delegator and his coordinators develop most of the game plan during the week.

Maybe quite simply JG should be more involved, not less.

He is not equipped to get more involved.

He was underqualified as an offensive coordinator and even more so as a head coach.

He is a coach that never had to prove himself. He never ran a side of the football until Jones gave it to him.

He has been allowed to run with training wheels for far too long.

You won't find many similar examples in pro sports like this case of organizational nepotism.

haleyrules

Reaction score
He is not equipped to get more involved.

He was underqualified as an offensive coordinator and even more so as a head coach.

He is a coach that never had to prove himself. He never ran a side of the football until Jones gave it to him.

He has been allowed to run with training wheels for far too long.

You won't find many similar examples in pro sports like this case of organizational nepotism.
Amen.

diefree666

Reaction score
I see a team that has been rebuilt and that rebuild has better players and attitude.
I see a dominant team that then falls back and needs more replacements.
this team will continue to improve and make the play offs eventually win a SB
You don't agree why I'm I not surprised.

You are blind. Since 2011 there are 9 HC's who are still there. 7 have either won the SB or gotten there. 1 is Marvin Lewis. Guess who the last one is? who has never even made it to the NFC championship game. So you keep claiming Red Ball is going somewhere. You have NOTHING to back it up.

Verdict

Reaction score
I give Garrett a 50/50 chance right now of being the coach next year of the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry isn't ready to fire him just yet, but stay tuned. The year isn't over. If we lose several more games and Garrett doesn't get more out of this team he will not survive to be the coach next year.

Verdict

Reaction score
You are blind. Since 2011 there are 9 HC's who are still there. 7 have either won the SB or gotten there. 1 is Marvin Lewis. Guess who the last one is? who has never even made it to the NFC championship game. So you keep claiming Red Ball is going somewhere. You have NOTHING to back it up.

Marvin Lewis isn't very good. Herm Edwards is even worse. You guys putting Garrett in the same class with Lewis is pretty unfair to Garrett. Lol.

What if Jerry were to fire Garrett and hire Herm Edwards? You guys would be begging for the Garrett back.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Marvin Lewis isn't very good. Herm Edwards is even worse. You guys putting Garrett in the same class with Lewis is pretty unfair to Garrett. Lol.

What if Jerry were to fire Garrett and hire Herm Edwards? You guys would be begging for the Garrett back.
There is no circumstance where I will wish for Garrett back.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Marvin Lewis has actually put back to back winning seasons together. Don't like Lewis but he has a better resume.For most of his time there he was in one of the strongest divisions in football.