It's not rocket science we're done

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If you get past 7 losses then I agree . If this team makes it in at 9-7 no one will want to play us.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Disagree. Romo always gives you a chance I the 4th. However the way our D played I understand your take.

The problem with that take is Romo will usually win you the time of possession and will definitely score more than 0 points in the last two quarters of a game.

Winning the time of possession helps the defense stay off the field and the opposing teams offense off of it!

Gaede

Reaction score
Agree with the OP. But not done for the season, yet.

Until Romo gets back, we're not gonna make any noise that's for sure. Hopefully the NFCE opponents don't start racking up wins because we'll quickly fall behind.

Fact is, we've lost our all pro WR, all pro QB, all pro RB and have virtually no pass rush on the opposing QB with our starting DEs also out of order.

I hate to be a pessimist after last year, but this first half of the season is going to be rough.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I agree that we wouldn't have won this game but with Romo, and Dez out there the Falcons wouldn't have been stacking the box daring them to beat them and the score would've been much closer than 39-28 but then again Romo would've put the defense in better position to take a breather or two with the way he runs this offense and his ability to change the play at the LOS for the offense to have success with Weeden at the helm he run the play that is called it night and day between Romo, and Weeden.

I honestly don't understand all these posts about how we wouldn't have won with Romo and Dez. What? We had a great chance without them. The entire game would've probably turned out different. They wouldn't have been able to get away with loading the box. Our defense wouldn't have got worn out in the second half...and also I believe the defense wouldn't have got so down watching that offense. Game of emotions.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I honestly don't understand all these posts about how we wouldn't have won with Romo and Dez. What? We had a great chance without them. The entire game would've probably turned out different. They wouldn't have been able to get away with loading the box. Our defense wouldn't have got worn out in the second half...and also I believe the defense wouldn't have got so down watching that offense. Game of emotions.

Yup. And even when it was 32-28 in the 4th Tony would make a play or two.

Anyone who thinks we still lose w Romo and Dez please tell me if the Falcons win without Ryan and Julio

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
if our pass rush is what we think it will be once Gregory and Hardy are back, along with Mincey and R McClain, then we might just have that all world defense....

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Sorry, but we don't win that game even with Romo + Dez.

I disagree Romo and Dez would make a difference. At least with Romo today I believe we would have won even without Dez because Romo would have extended drives in the second half and may have gotten us more than 28 points and would have put up some scores in the second half. Romo gives us a chance. The upcoming games seem that much harder to win without Romo. Like with the Pats we would still be under dogs with Romo playing but still might have a chance to compete. With Weeden I just see the game with the Pats getting ugly. Which is why the Saints game is a must win.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
It is what it is. I have no control over the injuries. So I can't get my emotions all bent out of shape.
I'm just taking it one game at a time.
On to the Saints.

This is where I'm at. We played one half of football today. The other team played three quarters.

3/4 > 1/2.

Saints are up next.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The defense actually started out the 2nd half great. Gave the ball back to the offense and we had a 1st and 10 inside their territory. We squandered it. I don't think we got even close ever since.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
Would have lost with Romo and Dez playing? Not only no,HELL NO!:omg:
I think a fair argument could be made that with just Romo we might have lost.

jday

Reaction score
I'm usually positive as many here know.

But without Dez and Romo we have no chance. Maybe with an all time defense but we do not have that.

Take away any teams elite QB AND elite WR and they're toast.

If Rodgers got hurt along w Nelson? GB done.

No Matt Ryan and Julio? They're 0-3

And on and on.

We've lost our identity and heart and soul. You just don't replace that with backups and "next man up".

What a crying shame this season became before it really got started.

I think the Cowboys can win 3 of the next 7...I don't think one game where the Cowboys in a way, beat themselves should rule out the possibility that they can still make the playoffs. Granted, it's not looking great, but the NFCE is pretty bad all around, so 9 and 7 is a real possibility to win the division. The other thing to consider is that help is on the way. The defense is going to get a pretty significant injection of talent with the return of Ro McClain and Greg Hardy from suspension in game 5 and Randall Gregory and Jeremy Mincey from injury.

links18

Reaction score
Remember the preseason, there was a lot of noise from people about, "If Romo goes down we are done anyway" in regards to our back-up QB situation. Well, now Romo is done for half the season and many of the same people are pumping sunshine.