It's not the coaches. It's the players

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'd just as soon see the Cowboys wipe the slate clean of all players and coaches and start over like an expansion team. I know that can't happen but all the virus needs to killed, not just some of it...

Ben7

Reaction score
The players quit out there. From Amari taking himself out on key plays, especially late in the game when he was needed, to Zeke taking himself out on key downs as well, to the receivers dropping passes, to Dak missing open receivers, to the defensive secondary not able to cover the Eagles players, etc.

I saw the players quit today, not the coaches. Repeatedly, one could see the coaches yelling to the players on the sidelines, but the players (especially supposed key players) took plays off, took themselves off the field or plain out quit out there.

What a bunch of losers. Quitters!!!!

Embarrassing! :mad:
I don't know how many key plays he took himself out that you are talking about? The last play Amari didn't take himself out; he wasn't suppose to be out there from what they are saying on interviews!

the playmaker

Reaction score
The players quit out there. From Amari taking himself out on key plays, especially late in the game when he was needed, to Zeke taking himself out on key downs as well, to the receivers dropping passes, to Dak missing open receivers, to the defensive secondary not able to cover the Eagles players, etc.

I saw the players quit today, not the coaches. Repeatedly, one could see the coaches yelling to the players on the sidelines, but the players (especially supposed key players) took plays off, took themselves off the field or plain out quit out there.

How's paying that "bunch of losers"???????????????????
....the biggest loser as GM
.....to be continue:angry::angry:

Dre11

Reaction score
It is the players but Coaching too. Are you telling me the offensive game plan was a good one ?

how many drops and bad throws did you see today to guys wide open? then you get the fumble by Pollard that takes a score away. Lewis takes over for Awuzie then he gives up a 34 yard wheel. Zeke comes out on 3rd 1. everybody wanted Lewis in over Brown, he was involved in the two biggest plays of the game. Xavier Woods drops a int right in his hands. those are the opportunities they players missed that win games. that's what lost this game

Last edited:

IrishAnto

Reaction score

It’s the GM, because directly or indirectly he’s responsible for the coaches and players.
Unfortunately he’ll be here next even though the HC won’t.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't know how many key plays he took himself out that you are talking about? The last play Amari didn't take himself out; he wasn't suppose to be out there from what they are saying on interviews!
Are you buying that explanation? Would Michael Irvin or Dez Bryant have allowed themselves to be "taken out" late in the game with the season and playoffs on the line, especially against the Eagles???

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

And Zeke took himself out because he hit his head. They were crying to get Pollard more touches and he fumbled...So here they are blaming Zeke for the that play, not the coaches or the guy who actually fumbled lol... smh

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect the entire organization is at fault for what's happened for the last 24 years.

It starts at the top and sadly, filters down throughout the entire organizational setup.

The game vs. Philly was simply a microcosm of the disfunction that has plagued us.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And Zeke took himself out because he hit his head. They were crying to get Pollard more touches and he fumbled...So here they are blaming Zeke for the that play, not the coaches or the guy who actually fumbled lol... smh
Pollard is responsible for that fumble, but where was the highest paid RB in NFL history when you needed him the most? You know...the one who held out all training while vacationing in Cabo and demanding he get paid the highest ever because he is the best RB in the league??? Yada...yada...yada... All BS, and fans like you Zeke apologists just gobbled Zeke's crap up and asked for 2nds and 3rds. :facepalm:

Sorry but Zeke is no Emmitt. Not even close!

Kumala808

Reaction score
If they just went up the gut no issue getting the first stupid college plays dont work in the nf . Always too cute with theplays

kevm3

Reaction score
number 1 problem? Jerry jones and the jones family...
Garrett is second.
Players are third.

Blaming this on the players is laughable. We've already overturned the ENTIRE roster and ENTIRE coaching staff aside from HC, and yet the same problems persist, so how is it the players? If the players look sloppy and unprepared, whose job is it to get them disciplined and back in line? That's right, the head coach.

Dre11

Reaction score
If they just went up the gut no issue getting the first stupid college plays dont work in the nf . Always too cute with theplays

this is what the masses called for remember. Linehan was too old school, we needed new and exciting, how can we forget those posts week after week after week.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
No, the game plan was not good, but the players quit out there. There is no excuse for that.

Maybe thats why the players quit? They know the game plan sucked and its not made to win the game. Garrett is all about playing things conservative and not playing up to the strength of the team. Why then should the players be anything but conservative and vanilla just like their coach?

Blame should go to the coach most of all. He orchestrated this fine mess.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Set the bar high. Keep it high. Expect excellence. Create a culture of winning. Work hard. Don't quit. Do well in life be humble. If you fall pick yourself back up and try again. No excuses. Just work. This is what I was taught when playing high school ball in Woodbridge VA. If Dallas had our coach at that time. Man, the sky is the limit.

We need better coaching. This is a gargantuan understatement.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Dallas Cowboys, should be the first team in NFL history, to get rid of 95% of their players and personnel, after a season. Precedent, precedent, precedent. Best player on the squad this year, was Randy Gregory.

Creeper

Reaction score
Why you blaming all on Cooper, Daks passes are over the place. And Dak seem like he always trying to throw to Gallup!

I am not blaming it all on Cooper. In fact, I posted another thread that Dak is 90% responsible for this loss because of his poor passing accuracy. My point in this thread is the Cowboys played like this was not an important game. Cooper looked disinterested and like he was going through the motions. In fact, he has disappeared the last 5 games. If he is injured then the Cowboys should have said something.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If this is true, it's still no excuse for quitting and throwing the game/season. I wouldn't want those types of players playing for me. Cutthroats. Not good for this storied organization.
so if you were the owner would you cut the entire team after week 18? Or most of the team?