It's sad, we really have a Superbowl team, 1 position holds us back

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The TE's catch the passes and make plays when part of the game plan. This past game was the ultimate example. They may not be top tier, but they aren't the dogs some seem to think. The Cowboys just need to use them.
When we do scheme the TEs, they seem to be pretty dang productive with their touches. I'd love to see elite TE here

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I thought Schultz and Jarwin did very well in the Eagles game. When they were used. That's more on the play calling than the position.
They played ok against a secondary that has a lot of guys out. Do you think they can produce when do or die time comes? I see all the red zone plays and the tes are running routes but not making the scores. Same old song and dance. Overall when the season is over these tes can't even score but 1 TD a year but Amari had 3 in one game. Zach Ertz put up more production in his one game against us then all of our tes will all year. If they were getting open consistently but not getting targets I'd understand but they aren't getting open. I watch like a Hawk. Y'all gotta quit blaming Dak for not throwing it to these tes. They aren't capable of making a play if they do catch the ball. They need to cut all of them until they find a guy that can at least put up a required benchmark in production

Last edited:

Vandyr

Reaction score
They played ok against a secondary that has a lot of guys out. Do you think they can produce when do or die time comes? I see all the red zone plays and the tes are running routes but not making the scores. Same old song and dance

I think so, if they're utilized property. But we won't really know until we see it in action. I have very little faith in Linehan's ability to use any player to their full potential, but I suppose only time will tell.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Seriously....

BTW who put the gun to your head to open it again?
We didn't think this was a bash Dak thread in disguise....usually people are more upfront about their bashing Dak thread. When you say there's one position holding us back.....tight end came to mind.....guard came to mind.....safety came to mind......all before quarterback.

Frozen700

Reaction score
TE, SS, Oline, and offensive coordinator are all much larger concerns.

Did you really just say Carr would get the job done? Lol im out of here.

Carr is trying to carry a team.

Here all he would have to do is connect on a deep ball, and be somewhat accurate.

Dak can't do all this consistently.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We waited years and years and years and years for a defense we could be proud of. We finally get it, and our QB forgets how to throw. This has to be a curse.
full

We are in the age of Dak-Extinction.....by the time Jerry's ego finally gives in to the fact that Dak is a Dud this core of talented players will have wasted away......instead of Rosebud Jerry's last words will be ......ROMO....ROMO.........!!!

rosebud.jpg

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Lol. I dont see how people automatic assume this team would automatically be better. With Romo maybe we are 13-3 with another first round exit. We will never know. Romo had his chances.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defense is outstanding. Our offense is so weak though

Why don't you just say it you scared the Dak-Zoids are going to get after you.....DAK....is weak...hence our offense is weak.....and dangerous and our biggest liability....hurry give him that zillion dollar contract asap baby....lol

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Carr is trying to carry a team.

Here all he would have to do is connect on a deep ball, and be somewhat accurate.

Dak can't do all this consistently.
Oh now Carr carries his team. Derek Carr is overrated as hell. He and Dak has the same identical stats as last year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can't find a way to score you're a dog. Sorry. How could you say they aren't involved when they are all running routes on 3rd down but not getting open? Theres no stats that warrant any success. How many fantasy football points have they generated all year playing every snap. All of our other skilled players are producing except our tes. But somehow they get a free pass to play every passing snap anyways. There's not anything good on paper w these tes. They make a rinky dink pass once every game or 2 and get 1 TD a year. 1 TD a year for a whole te core is garbage. Heck #82's stats for 4 years are garbage. The sorry offensive scheme is because they leave them out there on passing plays. We'd have a great offense if all of our tes got hurt. You can't tell me if Austin was in the slot versus the te on passing plays that this offense wouldn't be 5x better

How do you know they aren't getting open, and how do you know they aren't anything but the 3rd, 4th or 5th option? And how often are they staying in to help block given that we are routinely using 3, and sometimes even 4 backups on the O-Line? And do we really believe that this past week the TE's suddenly learned how to run a route but they were clueless all the previous weeks? I obviously can't prove my point any more than you can yours because I don't get to see the game plans, but it's my belief that the game plans haven't been geared toward significant use of the TE's as receivers. As for fantasy football, I don't think the coaching staff was aware that building fantasy points for our TE's was supposed to be a goal.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh now Carr carries his team. Derek Carr is overrated as hell. He and Dak has the same identical stats as last year.

he had Cooper as well and Cooper was being blamed for the down turn in his production. Cooper has no issues in Dallas. lol

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
With this Defense, Rb, and Wr threat to make teams pay for focusing on Elliot. We are built to win it all.

But the QB position still scares me. Defenses focus on Elliot, which in return allows guys like Cooper, Gallup and Beasley to roam free, and we all see it. But what happens more than half the time?

Dak misses them for big plays. So instead of jumping out to a huge lead, we let teams hang around, scoring FGs with a shaky kicker.

Our D puts the clamps down on other teams, but when our O, mainly Dak gets to dicking around for most of the game, they are bound to break a little. Then like the *******s many of us are, we get mad at the D.

It would be disappointing to have this team and not win it all because of Dak and his inability to consistently burn teams.

With Romo we'd def win. Even Stafford or Carr would get the job done. I don't believe in Daks ability to throw

The OL and its inability to keep a consistent pass block isnt a problem? Its been a problem for the likes of Brees, and Goff too the last two weeks too. Pressure kills QBS doesnt matter who it is. Goff had a passer rating of 19 this past week. All of you cry about Dak, but he keeps winning. Its not Elliot being the focal point on these winning drives. Its Daks arm thats being the focal point. Yes he frustrates you, but when the games on the line he's shown throughout his career that he's gonna win the game.

Funny people like you talk about Romo, but we saw him lose most of the big close games like this.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
With this Defense, Rb, and Wr threat to make teams pay for focusing on Elliot. We are built to win it all.

But the QB position still scares me. Defenses focus on Elliot, which in return allows guys like Cooper, Gallup and Beasley to roam free, and we all see it. But what happens more than half the time?

Dak misses them for big plays. So instead of jumping out to a huge lead, we let teams hang around, scoring FGs with a shaky kicker.

Our D puts the clamps down on other teams, but when our O, mainly Dak gets to dicking around for most of the game, they are bound to break a little. Then like the *******s many of us are, we get mad at the D.

It would be disappointing to have this team and not win it all because of Dak and his inability to consistently burn teams.

With Romo we'd def win. Even Stafford or Carr would get the job done. I don't believe in Daks ability to throw

What is sad is threads like these. Your last statement is the saddest of all. Why in the name St Jude, the patron saint of lost causes would you assume that Romo, Carr or Stafford could accomplish something that two of them never did nor ever will (Romo and Staff) and third may never. St Jude definitely blessed them as lost causes. I'm guessing you will be disappointed IF (granted big if) this team does win it all. You should go back to your troll hole frozen one

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
TE, SS, Oline, and offensive coordinator are all much larger concerns.

Did you really just say Carr would get the job done? Lol im out of here.

He did, and Stafford. And I'll add Romo who hasn't thrown a pass in 3 years. What a moron, what a maroon, what a ig-nor-animous