It's sad, we really have a Superbowl team, 1 position holds us back

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Lol. I dont see how people automatic assume this team would automatically be better. With Romo maybe we are 13-3 with another first round exit. We will never know. Romo had his chances.

Some just feel the need to constantly downgrade the talent and supporting cast that Romo had. They guarantee that Romo could go 16-0 and win a Superbowl or two with the 2016 and now 2018 Cowboys. The more success and wins that Dak gets with the current Cowboys roster, the more resentful some will become in assuming that Romo would be 2 time Superbowl champion with the 2016-2018 Cowboys.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OL and its inability to keep a consistent pass block isnt a problem? Its been a problem for the likes of Brees, and Goff too the last two weeks too. Pressure kills QBS doesnt matter who it is. Goff had a passer rating of 19 this past week. All of you cry about Dak, but he keeps winning. Its not Elliot being the focal point on these winning drives. Its Daks arm thats being the focal point. Yes he frustrates you, but when the games on the line he's shown throughout his career that he's gonna win the game.

Funny people like you talk about Romo, but we saw him lose most of the big close games like this.

You have a point, but at the same time there is a point to be made that better play earlier in the game would eliminate the need for some of the late drives with the game on the line. Obviously we moved the ball well enough Sunday that the Cowboys should have scored a lot more points and a lot earlier than they did. It is true that O-Line issues are part of the problem, but Dak needs to make better decisions on when to throw the ball away and when to protect the ball when the pressure gets too close. The fumbles are a problem.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Carr is trying to carry a team.

Here all he would have to do is connect on a deep ball, and be somewhat accurate.

Dak can't do all this consistently.

Nitpick at all of the mistakes that Dak makes and rip him apart any time that Dallas losses and even when he wins. But, make excuses for Wince, Stafford, and Carr when they don't live up to what they are hyped up to be or when their teams misses the playoffs/has losing seasons. That's how it is with the Dak doubters on this board.

John813

Reaction score
lol you forgot the old Romo days did ya. They were as bad if not worse then poof... magic… Tony the deity

I mean I remember all the way back to the Tony vs Henson days, which were fun. But this is unrelenting and there was no good QB that Romo replaced that everyone still wished the team kept.
Even back when Romo was older there were threads about replacing him, but I really don't recall it being this bad during the season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You have a point, but at the same time there is a point to be made that better play earlier in the game would eliminate the need for some of the late drives with the game on the line. Obviously we moved the ball well enough Sunday that the Cowboys should have scored a lot more points and a lot earlier than they did. It is true that O-Line issues are part of the problem, but Dak needs to make better decisions on when to throw the ball away and when to protect the ball when the pressure gets too close. The fumbles are a problem.

Again ill point out to you, as i have had to do with several posters in several weeks.

Teams are keeping Dak in the pocket. I dare you to rewatch games and see this. This is abig topic every week in the chatroom on game day. And every time i point it out that you cant just throw the ball away inside the tackles because the refs carry these little yellow things around that they throw, and people in there are amazed some dont realize this. And you cant just throw it away at a WR all the time because you end up with the Drew Brees treatment he got 2 weeks ago with a INT. SOMETIMES a sack is just gonna be a sack.

But yes there are times when Dak is trying to make a play and he creates the sack by holding it too long. But there are times where there is a block thats missed(filo) this past week where a rusher comes right in off the snap and is right in Daks face.

Again im not saying Dak isnt a culprit of him causing the sack, but what i am saying its alot less than you people make it out to be.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Dallas still had to get the TD to seal the game or else Philly would have had a chance to tie or win it.

The cowboys getting a TD in any game is never an automatice.

They are just not built like that. They need to catch breaks in order to pull out most wins.

The titans game was a perfect example of your flaws catching up with you. That is how most games will go if dak doesnt clean it up.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah because that last TD to Coop at one point didnt have pick6 written all over it!

Amazing!
Yep cause only Dak has lucky throws. Had Dak threw the ball where it was suppose to go it would have been picked, instead he threw it to the outside. Either way I think it's funny you haters keep talking about what ifs and not reality. Facts are Dak completed the pass and got the game winning TD. Spin on it

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again ill point out to you, as i have had to do with several posters in several weeks.

Teams are keeping Dak in the pocket. I dare you to rewatch games and see this. This is abig topic every week in the chatroom on game day. And every time i point it out that you cant just throw the ball away inside the tackles because the refs carry these little yellow things around that they throw, and people in there are amazed some dont realize this. And you cant just throw it away at a WR all the time because you end up with the Drew Brees treatment he got 2 weeks ago with a INT. SOMETIMES a sack is just gonna be a sack.

But yes there are times when Dak is trying to make a play and he creates the sack by holding it too long. But there are times where there is a block thats missed(filo) this past week where a rusher comes right in off the snap and is right in Daks face.

Again im not saying Dak isnt a culprit of him causing the sack, but what i am saying its alot less than you people make it out to be.

You actually can throw the ball away if between the tackles - QBs did it well before the outside the tackle rule was adopted, and they still do it today. The QB just has to be aware of where receivers are and throw it in the general direction. For example, if a receiver is near the sideline a QB can intentionally throw the ball 8 feet over his head deep into out of bounds territory. There actually is a lot of flexibility as long as the throw is just in the general direction or vicinity of a receiver. Or a QB can throw the ball into the ground 10 feet in front of a receiver and the coverage as long is the general direction is toward the receiver. The Brees INT you are referring to was was not an attempt to throw the ball away, it was an attempt at a completion. As for your comment that sometimes a sack is just gonna be a sack, that is true sometimes, but isn't true so often that Dak should be the most sacked QB in the NFL. And even so, that goes to my previous comment about knowing when to protect the ball. He has to do a better job of knowing when a sack is inevitable and tucking the ball away. Ultimately it all boils down to making quick reads and quick decisions. Obviously some plays take longer to develop than others, so sometimes that can be difficult, but that's why QBs make the big bucks.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah because that last TD to Coop at one point didnt have pick6 written all over it!

Amazing!

No, it actually didn't have pick 6 written all over it. What it had was the pass being knocked down written all over it. The DB tipped the ball with one outstretched arm and did it backhanded. There was no chance for him to catch it. But, your underlying point was that there was luck involved with that play, and that is undeniably true.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
With this Defense, Rb, and Wr threat to make teams pay for focusing on Elliot. We are built to win it all.

But the QB position still scares me. Defenses focus on Elliot, which in return allows guys like Cooper, Gallup and Beasley to roam free, and we all see it. But what happens more than half the time?

Dak misses them for big plays. So instead of jumping out to a huge lead, we let teams hang around, scoring FGs with a shaky kicker.

Our D puts the clamps down on other teams, but when our O, mainly Dak gets to dicking around for most of the game, they are bound to break a little. Then like the *******s many of us are, we get mad at the D.

It would be disappointing to have this team and not win it all because of Dak and his inability to consistently burn teams.

With Romo we'd def win. Even Stafford or Carr would get the job done. I don't believe in Daks ability to throw
Tight End, Free Safety, Left Tackle, back up RB, OG opposite Martin.

This team is not going to miss the Super Bowl because of Dak at QB.

What game were you watching. How did Cooper get 217 yards receiving and 3 TDs? Who got with his play making WR and called an audible for a 75 yard TD? What QB and team is 8-5 and 1 win from the NFC East Championship?

I see a Cowboys QB wearing no.4 with Prescott on the back of his Jersey. The play is not always beautiful but the results are wins.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You actually can throw the ball away if between the tackles - QBs did it well before the outside the tackle rule was adopted, and they still do it today. The QB just has to be aware of where receivers are and throw it in the general direction. For example, if a receiver is near the sideline a QB can intentionally throw the ball 8 feet over his head deep into out of bounds territory. There actually is a lot of flexibility as long as the throw is just in the general direction or vicinity of a receiver. Or a QB can throw the ball into the ground 10 feet in front of a receiver and the coverage as long is the direction is toward the receiver. The Brees INT you are referring to was was not an attempt to throw the ball away, it was an attempt at a completion. As for your comment that sometimes a sack is just gonna be a sack, that is true sometimes, but isn't true so often that Dak should be the most sacked QB in the NFL. And even so, that goes to my previous comment about knowing when to protect the ball. He has to do a better job of knowing when a sack is inevitable and tucking the ball away. Ultimately it all boils down to making quick reads and quick decisions. Obviously some plays take longer to develop than others, so sometimes that can be difficult, but that's why QBs make the big bucks.

How can you make quick reads when the routes take longer than the protection allows? As has been pointed out over and over again by commentators. Not all of the time as i have said. Thats the difference between me and alot of you. I can see Dak makes stupid plays. Some fo you are incapable of saying not all of this is Daks fault. Sometimes the defense forces plays. And other times QBs make stupid plays. And other times QBS make amazing plays. All 3 apply to Dak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can you make quick reads when the routes take longer than the protection allows? As has been pointed out over and over again by commentators. Not all of the time as i have said. Thats the difference between me and alot of you. I can see Dak makes stupid plays. Some fo you are incapable of saying not all of this is Daks fault. Sometimes the defense forces plays. And other times QBs make stupid plays. And other times QBS make amazing plays. All 3 apply to Dak.

I would disagree that is always the case. Besides, reads don't just start after a receiver is well into his route, they start by seeing the defensive alignment before the ball is snapped and knowing the play called and the routes being run. It's why QB's have the ability to audible, so they can see the defense and make decisions about what is likely to work before the play starts.

As for your comment that "some of you are incapable of saying not all of this is Dak's fault", my response is for you to not be one of those posters who tries to enhance his point by misstating or exaggerating what another poster says. I never said all of it was Dak's fault - never even came close to saying that. I merely said he needs to improve on making decisions on when to throw the ball away and when to protect the football, and that the fumbles need to stop. In fact, I even specifically said there are issues with the O-Line as well. Seems this is more you saying none of it is Dak's fault, because I haven't yet seen you admit that he can do a better job in the face of pressure.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I would disagree that is always the case. Besides, reads don't just start after a receiver is well into his route, they start by seeing the defensive alignment before the ball is snapped and knowing the play called and the routes being run. It's why QB's have the ability to audible, so they can see the defense and make decisions about what is likely to work before the play starts.

As for your comment that "some of you are incapable of saying not all of this is Dak's fault", my response is for you to not be one of those posters who tries to enhance his point by misstating or exaggerating what another poster says. I never said all of it was Dak's fault - never even came close to saying that. I merely said he needs to improve on making decisions on when to throw the ball away and when to protect the football, and that the fumbles need to stop. In fact, I even specifically said there are issues with the O-Line as well. Seems this is more you saying none of it is Dak's fault, because I haven't yet seen you admit that he can do a better job in the face of pressure.

"Thats the difference between me and alot of you. I can see Dak makes stupid plays. Some fo you are incapable of saying not all of this is Daks fault. Sometimes the defense forces plays. And other times QBs make stupid plays. And other times QBS make amazing plays. All 3 apply to Dak."

Direct quote and right after the difference between me and you, i basically said what ur saying i didnt say. I think the adjustments and the faults ur referring to can fit into "stupid" plays. Guess u only read what u want to in a post.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
When are people going to stop threads like this? We get it - you hate Dak.

It is laughable. These threads exist for any of the following reasons:

1. People honestly hate Dak and he will never be any good unless he has a season in which he throws for 5,200 yards, 45 touchdowns, and zero picks. Every other QB in the league is perfect and never makes the same mistakes Dak does. He also cannot be sacked and must be cut immediately the next time he fumbles. Clearly, other QB's in the league achieve this on a weekly basis and Prescott needs to get with it.

2. They want to get responses out of fans that actually like a QB that has completed 68 percent of his passes and has won 30 of his 45 pro starts.

3. They do not understand football.

4. They miss the 2015 season when Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, and Kellen Moore led the Cowboys to glory. After all, Dallas can get just any QB that can throw the ball blindly to Amari Cooper; or so I have heard.

I rarely post snarky responses like this, but I couldn't resist this time. Go Cowboys, and Go Dak Prescott!

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I'm hoping this team is good enough to where Dak can be like Brad Johnson, or Trent Dilfer, or even 2016 Peyton Manning.

Does not have to be the best, just play within yourself that game and allow the team help lead you to victory.