It's sad, we really have a Superbowl team, 1 position holds us back

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Yep cause only Dak has lucky throws. Had Dak threw the ball where it was suppose to go it would have been picked, instead he threw it to the outside. Either way I think it's funny you haters keep talking about what ifs and not reality. Facts are Dak completed the pass and got the game winning TD. Spin on it

If I remember correctly the CB had his hands on the ball also regardless of where the ball was placed.

Not a completely good job as you assume lol.

In fact coopers anticipation of a ****** throw and adjustment is what really made the difference!

I'm not spinning anything but you are trying dearly to sell lies.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
No, it actually didn't have pick 6 written all over it. What it had was the pass being knocked down written all over it. The DB tipped the ball with one outstretched arm and did it backhanded. There was no chance for him to catch it. But, your underlying point was that there was luck involved with that play, and that is undeniably true.

The only reason the CB didnt have a chance is because cooper got into his space and bumped him preventing the CB from completely closing.

Cooper knew it was a bad pass.

But of course you gotta do it yourself when dak is passing the ball!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Thats the difference between me and alot of you. I can see Dak makes stupid plays. Some fo you are incapable of saying not all of this is Daks fault. Sometimes the defense forces plays. And other times QBs make stupid plays. And other times QBS make amazing plays. All 3 apply to Dak."

Direct quote and right after the difference between me and you, i basically said what ur saying i didnt say. I think the adjustments and the faults ur referring to can fit into "stupid" plays. Guess u only read what u want to in a post.

There is the pot calling the kettle black. You claimed I indicated everything was Dak's fault, when I clearly have not, and now you are lecturing me on only reading what I want? I acknowledge I stopped short of reading your last sentence, and admit my mistake. Will you take back your claim that I said something I didn't?

On top of that, you are arguing that a QB cannot throw the ball away while in the pocket, which is blatently false, and you are arguing with my point that Dak needs to make better/quicker decisions on when to throw the ball away and when to protect the ball, when the fact that he is both sacked more than any other QB and fumbles more than any QB provides pretty solid evidence that I am accurate in saying that. Seems you are pretty adamant about ignoring facts that don't suit you.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The only reason the CB didnt have a chance is because cooper got into his space and bumped him preventing the CB from completely closing.

Maybe you need to listen to what Amari Cooper is saying.

he basically said:
the play was a SLANT but the cbs were sitting on them routes all night. So he changed his route where the throw is going to be instead of following through with the slant

Douglas reacts and actually makes a good play on the ball but he wasnt gonna catch it, he barely got the back of his hand on it as he's off balance and trailing in the opposite direction because of the slant route.

Dak delivered the ball where the cut on the slant was gonna be, Cooper stops on a dime and Douglas tries to hit the ball he does but has nothing on it and pops it up. Douglas makes a good play but Cooper makes a better play.

Thats not a bad pass its an adjustment by the WR to recognize where the ball is gonna be thrown to, and adjust to the CB reaction to the route. This is what the rest of the WRs on the team cant do. This is what Dez and Witten did for Romo, TO and Glenn did for Romo and what Irving did for Aikman.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Being "in his space" was just a result of Cooper running the route, not because he was trying tp prevent a pick 6. The ball was low and behind the DB, and his other arm was behind Cooper so that his only way of making the play was to reach back, one handed and backhanded, and try to knock the ball away. Even if he had somehow been able to catch it Cooper was right there, so there is no reason to believe he would have gone 95 yards. Sure, at first glance, when the play happened and before the replay, the initial concern was that the ball could have been intercepted, but on replay we can see that wasn't the case. And there certainly was never a concern of a pick 6. The concern was just that it would kill the chance to win on that possession.

waving monkey

Reaction score
With this Defense, Rb, and Wr threat to make teams pay for focusing on Elliot. We are built to win it all.

But the QB position still scares me. Defenses focus on Elliot, which in return allows guys like Cooper, Gallup and Beasley to roam free, and we all see it. But what happens more than half the time?

Dak misses them for big plays. So instead of jumping out to a huge lead, we let teams hang around, scoring FGs with a shaky kicker.

Our D puts the clamps down on other teams, but when our O, mainly Dak gets to dicking around for most of the game, they are bound to break a little. Then like the *******s many of us are, we get mad at the D.

It would be disappointing to have this team and not win it all because of Dak and his inability to consistently burn teams.

With Romo we'd def win. Even Stafford or Carr would get the job done. I don't believe in Daks ability to throw
we weren't expected to get this far but Dak got us here. Lets wait an see before we quit

waving monkey

Reaction score
Being "in his space" was just a result of Cooper running the route, not because he was trying tp prevent a pick 6. The ball was low and behind the DB, and his other arm was behind Cooper so that his only way of making the play was to reach back, one handed and backhanded, and try to knock the ball away. Even if he had somehow been able to catch it Cooper was right there, so there is no reason to believe he would have gone 95 yards. Sure, at first glance, when the play happened and before the replay, the initial concern was that the ball could have been intercepted, but on replay we can see that wasn't the case. And there certainly was never a concern of a pick 6. The concern was just that it would kill the chance to win on that possession.[

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You're a whining little baby. A 5 year old mentally.

Don't hate me for being a truth teller.
Aw, my little boogie bear!
I just want to pinch your pink cheeks right now!
Who's a big man?
Uh huh! That's you! You're a big man! Yes you are!
Big man!
A-boogie-boogie-boogie!

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
It's so odd because I clicked on the thread thinking it might be a safety or TE.

I had no idea that fans did not like our QB.

None at all.

elcowboi

Reaction score
With this Defense, Rb, and Wr threat to make teams pay for focusing on Elliot. We are built to win it all.

But the QB position still scares me. Defenses focus on Elliot, which in return allows guys like Cooper, Gallup and Beasley to roam free, and we all see it. But what happens more than half the time?

Dak misses them for big plays. So instead of jumping out to a huge lead, we let teams hang around, scoring FGs with a shaky kicker.

Our D puts the clamps down on other teams, but when our O, mainly Dak gets to dicking around for most of the game, they are bound to break a little. Then like the *******s many of us are, we get mad at the D.

It would be disappointing to have this team and not win it all because of Dak and his inability to consistently burn teams.

With Romo we'd def win. Even Stafford or Carr would get the job done. I don't believe in Daks ability to throw

Lawd have mercy...

X550i

Reaction score
What's sad is that some fans don't realize that this is a Super Bowl team this year.
The Cowboys are one of the top teams in the NFC, and they all have their warts. It will come down to match-ups and which team can overcome them on that given day.

The Cowboys have just as much a chance to make the SB this year as any other NFC team.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Im with you...throw in a drew brees or a Mahonne and this team is TOP notch for a long time....with Dak I just can't honestly say that....#weaklink

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It could hold us back but it might just make it more interesting .

If we had a top 5-10 QB we’d probably have double digit wins . Maybe undefeated with our schedule.

Look how Cooper has uplifted him. Maybe we have enough talent around Dak.