Its simple: Dak is an average qb

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak is better than average but not good enough to win a Super Bowl.

I thought he was but the last 2 months have changed my mind.
I thought he was too. I thought it was a slump and he was over it with last weekend's game. But this game was like the Eagles game in 2019. Dak played bad and didn't get the job done when he needed to. I'm a Dak homer but there's one fact I can't get passed. If the defense isn't balling out then he struggles. Look at the games we won. The defense did it and Dak padded the scores. If the defense doesn't get turnovers then Dak and the offense are not consistent enough to win the game.

Today the defense struggled and the offense couldn't get it going. Yeah we scored at the end but we got some help from the refs. That's why I'm not mad about the fumble. If the refs don't bail us out we would have lost by double digits.

This game showed me that Dak is an average system QB and if the system is playing great then he looks great. If the system stumbles then Dak can't get the guys on track and get rolling.

I've said this before but Dak seems to be in his comfort zone with the 2 minute offense. Why don't we just run the no huddle? To me that's the only time Dak looks good.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak isn't capable of being a SB contending QB without an excellent OL to afford him scads of time to be elite. This OL isn't one. :rolleyes: :angry: o_O

Last edited:

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
A lot of luck needed there! We need the Jones' to recognize that the QB search must continue, like coach Reid did in KC. It's okay to have a bus driver while you keep looking and enjoy whatever minor success you have,,, but keep looking and don't blow your cap on fools gold
LB #9, Zeke, Dak, Dlaw, Cooper = Players with elite salaries that produce like 2nd-3rd tier guys (except LB #9 he's trash). These terrible contracts and the laziness and/or incompetence of McCarthy points to a likely one and done playoff scenario. Scheme and toughness are the only answers at this point, the budget has been wasted by our GM.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
LB #9, Zeke, Dak, Dlaw, Cooper = Players with elite salaries that produce like 2nd-3rd tier guys (except LB #9 he's trash). These terrible contracts and the laziness and/or incompetence of McCarthy points to a likely one and done playoff scenario. Scheme and toughness are the only answers at this point, the budget has been wasted by our GM.
Cooper is only as good as his QB. Dude is absolutely elite. He’s playing with an average QB.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Very good leader.

Below average arm.

Below average legs.

Great toughness.

Now average at best instincts?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Very good leader.

Below average arm.

Below average legs.

Great toughness.

Now average at best instincts?
True
False
Used to be false
True

but I’ll throw out two more

anticipation average AT BEST( not good enough ) for a QB getting paid that much.

accuracy average at best see above

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am tired of this guy. Dude continues to play well and then lay egg after egg. No elite QB is hot and cold like dak is. Why? Because he aint elite.

Dak is an average qb. Not sure what my son sees in him but the guy has no balls. We had arizona where we wanted him and we actually let them beat us. DAK LET EM BEAT US

I dont even!!!!!
Dak is above average but he is not special. His best talent is his leadership. Dak was a 4th round pick for a reason. We can win with him though.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Oh no doubt. I hear you.

But ultimately he’s Kirk Cousins. Shows promise, makes you wonder what the hell and just won’t ever take that next step.
Dak is better then Captain Kirk. Last night was unacceptable for Mr. Cousins.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
True
False
Used to be false
True

but I’ll throw out two more

anticipation average AT BEST( not good enough ) for a QB getting paid that much.

accuracy average at best see above

Haha! Name 16 starting QBs got a better arm strength than?

This was his best running outing all season. Dak actually used to have above average legs. Now it seems he has no wheels when he actually attempts. Maybe that will get better by next year but right now he’s running hobbled and slow.

The 2 you threw in I’m agreeing after mid season. Before mid season he has amazing anticipation. Was uncanny. Now he’s so indecisive. He’s also throwing behind his WRs during their routes or sailing the ball over their heads constantly.

Something got to this guy and it’s not just the defenses changing looks after Denver. Mentally and physically he’s just off.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have discovered Daks weaknesses and will continue to exploit them. There have been dozens of QBs who came on like wildfire and in a few years are out.
Nothing new here.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I thought he was too. I thought it was a slump and he was over it with last weekend's game. But this game was like the Eagles game in 2019. Dak played bad and didn't get the job done when he needed to. I'm a Dak homer but there's one fact I can't get passed. If the defense isn't balling out then he struggles. Look at the games we won. The defense did it and Dak padded the scores. If the defense doesn't get turnovers then Dak and the offense are not consistent enough to win the game.

Today the defense struggled and the offense couldn't get it going. Yeah we scored at the end but we got some help from the refs. That's why I'm not mad about the fumble. If the refs don't bail us out we would have lost by double digits.

This game showed me that Dak is an average system QB and if the system is playing great then he looks great. If the system stumbles then Dak can't get the guys on track and get rolling.

I've said this before but Dak seems to be in his comfort zone with the 2 minute offense. Why don't we just run the no huddle? To me that's the only time Dak looks good.
I've always thought you were a good and fair poster, no hyperbole, just good posts.

And I agree with everything you said here. I've been a fence-sitter for years, but it's getting harder not to jump off.

Great post in my opinion.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
You don think the Cowboys can beat Arizona in two weeks? They can we lost by a field goal and everything went Arizona’s way.
Not a chance. Hopkins , Conner , Rondalle Moore, and their LT are back. That would be like us missing Cooper , Zeke, Wilson, and Tyron Smith we would’ve totally folded lol. Cardinals are simply the better team…we MIGHT be better on the DL that’s about it.

Carter

Reaction score
Not a chance. Hopkins , Conner , Rondalle Moore, and their LT are back. That would be like us missing Cooper , Zeke, Wilson, and Tyron Smith we would’ve totally folded lol. Cardinals are simply the better team…we MIGHT be better on the DL that’s about it.

What i read is that Hopkins earliest return would be the NFCG so im not sure he will make it in two weeks.

Still they will be healthier and will have momentum having beat us in that same place. Cowboys will likely rest Starters this week and lose to the Eagles so no Momentum.

Its gonna be difficult and we need the Offense to click which is the biggest questionmark

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hopkins was on crunches during the game yesterday and has an MCL injury. Don’t overrate their JAGs. The key to the Cardinals is Murray, Baker, and Chandler.