It's time for Jerry's son to open up the books and spend money in fa!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
They can easily create more cap space, especially when they are expected to give Dak an extension.
Extending Prescot is going to be like swallowing the poison pill and it's going to cripple or kill this organization for YEARS to come. When I look at Prescot in the mirror, I see Kurt Cousins! These are two peas in a pod, they're both milking their organizations for mega millions and not giving anything of value is return............ Prescot will never win a SB, let alone an NFC Championship game....................

fivetwos

Reaction score
Problem with the three headed GM thing….

It’s not one persons vision toward what needs to be done. Will may see a FA they should add then the kid chimes in with “that’s too expensive,” as one small example.

The whole operation is a sham to make it look like Jerry is in charge and gets his long sought after “credit” should they happen to win, so I’m not so sure what we ought to expect.

There was another thread about McClay needing to get some blame. Yeah, sure, but not many are going to play the Milli Vanilli game and he seems to be more than willing.

Really, in the last handful of years, they have added Lamb, Parsons and Smith in the first round…and not much else and it’s why this roster is full of holes.

Big_D

Reaction score
It will be the usual due diligence and then low ball everyone .. that's the best we'll get!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Extending Prescot is going to be like swallowing the poison pill and it's going to cripple or kill this organization for YEARS to come. When I look at Prescot in the mirror, I see Kurt Cousins! These are two peas in a pod, they're both milking their organizations for mega millions and not giving anything of value is return............ Prescot will never win a SB, let alone an NFC Championship game....................
Either you trade him now or you build a roster around him. He will walk if you don't extend him and the Cowboys will be hamstrung in improving the roster. It appears management wants to do the latter. We have seen other teams get out of franchise contracts in the past, if another option emerges, they can still do that: Wentz, Stafford, Wilson, etc.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Truth.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Either you trade him now or you build a roster around him. He will walk if you don't extend him and the Cowboys will be hamstrung in improving the roster. It appears management wants to do the latter. We have seen other teams get out of franchise contracts in the past, if another option emerges, they can still do that: Wentz, Stafford, Wilson, etc.
Who cares if Prescot walks, he's brings nothing to the table of any value to the Cowboys! He's already proven that he can't lift this organization on his shoulders and carry them any distance in the playoffs! JJ needs to find a draft partner and trade whatever it's going to take to move up in the draft and draft a young QB who was a road warrior for their college team, who didn't go MIA in big college games. It's time to move on from Prescot and build a team around a shiny new QB that should be taken in the 2024 draft.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Who cares if Prescot walks, he's brings nothing to the table of any value to the Cowboys! He's already proven that he can't lift this organization on his shoulders and carry them any distance in the playoffs! JJ needs to find a draft partner and trade whatever it's going to take to move up in the draft and draft a young QB who was a road warrior for their college team, who didn't go MIA in big college games. It's time to move on from Prescot and build a team around a shiny new QB that should be taken in the 2024 draft.
That would be Nix or Penix, without trading assets to move up. Do you think they offer more promise than Prescott?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
That would be Nix or Penix, without trading assets to move up. Do you think they offer more promise than Prescott?
It's time to get from underneath Prescot and move on at any cost. He's already proven that he cannot be trusted to lead this team to any success in playoff games. The Cowboy brain trust wasted two very valuable picks when they took back-to-back Michigan players in the last draft and got no value for those picks. If the Cowboys were to find a trade partner who would accept a 1st and 2nd and something else of value then the Cowboys have to pull the trigger if they can get one of the young studs that are available this year's draft.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Easily, yes. They just have chose to keep cap flexibility.
And they still don’t have that.

A few years from now we will be looking back on these last few seasons and realize that was the shot.

I mean really….they have been conservative in FA so why do we still have cap problems?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

A few years from now we will be looking back on these last few seasons and realize that was the shot.

I mean really….they have been conservative in FA so why do we still have cap problems?
The team needs to be more like other franchises. Jerry Jones should look at the front office hierarchy of teams that have had success on the field and emulate them. If that means taking a step back, so be it. His need to be “front and center” is detrimental.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
I just looked it up last week. What changed it?
Bonuses that were considered not likely ti be earned last season get added to the cap after the SB. "Likely to be earned bonuses" count right away as the contract is signed. Most major players also have other bonuses that are in the contract but are "not likely to be earned".

Example of likely to be earned are like workout bonuses, roster bonuses. A further likely to be earned may be starting 12 games in the season or a starting Qb taking 60% of the snaps.

Some bonuses that are considered not likely to be earned are something like 2000 yards rushing for a RB, winning the SB. SB mvp, league mvp, etc. If those are in a contract and the player reaches that bonus the money is added to the cap number at the end of the season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

They don’t have cap problems, you are just looking at it right now. They have built in contract restructures on several players and always were going to give Dak a 2nd contract

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
we say go all in but we have to remember these players have to want to come here
The old Jerry would bring a top FA in and they would never leave. You show them the money and they'll want to come here.

Most players also know that this is a playoff team and most likely believe they can be the piece that gets that team over the hump.

I'd love to see the Joneses make strategic use of high-cost free agency, but I don't expect that to happen. It's what all-in means to me, but I don't think that's Jerry's take. I still think he believes that not delving into the free agent feeding frenzy, where prices are high, is the best way to build a team, instead of carefully selecting a few high-priced pieces to supplement your drafting and low-priced additions.