It's time to start taking Noah Brown seriously

Hailmary

Reaction score
Anyoen can jump on a bandwagon or choose a pet cat. If you want to get serious then you need to consider what it's going to take to get him on the roster.

If the opportunity cost for Brown is Rush then I will pass. It is much harder to find QB than WR and I think Rush is a better QB that Brown is WR all things created equal.

Rico? Nope.

You can pray for KSmith to get cut but with is improvements and core ST role that isn't happening.

The routes for Brown are limited and his lack of contribution on ST doesn't help.

The ideal for me would be Moore. He adds no value and would be available soon after cut even if he is claimed. He stinks.
James Hanna is another option and he stank on pass protection Saturday. OTOH, he plays on ST and is good at it.
Keeping 8 is another option. That means you keep none of Theaker, Edwards, Burbank, and Skipper and go shallow.

Finally going short on defense is a possibility. I don't see it happening but who knows.

That would mean someone like Leslie Neal, Mark Nzeocha, Duke Thomas, or Marquez White doesn't make it.
Do you have Blanton making the team? We can go one short at safety and hope that awuzie can spot fill at safety if necessary.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Can't keep 6 Wide receivers. I take my chances with him or Andy Jones making it through waivers.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Do you have Blanton making the team? We can go one short at safety and hope that awuzie can spot fill at safety if necessary.

Nope. Woods Frazier and the 2 starters. I think it likely we carry 6 corners. Carroll, Scandrick, Brown, Awuzie, Lewis, and one of Thomas, White, or McFadden.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Absolute statements on a message board are the dumbest thing in the world.
nUqU07v.jpg

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Yup. Teams will be scavenging players that don't make our 53, there's no question about that.

We've had inferior WR's just like Lucky get claimed. The Ravens claimed Vince Mayle off waivers in December as soon as we released him.

The Patriots signed DEVIN STREET two days after we released him to their practice squad, and then was stolen off the Patriots practice squad by the Colts a few weeks later.
What's Devin doing nowadays? Just curious.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
So you want to drop a starting CB for a 6th WR who will never see the field with Dez, Williams and Butler ahead of him?
YEP

NOLAN CARROLL IS A SCRUB. If we had this mindset back in 2003-2004, Tony Romo would've never became our starting QB.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Could not agree more. Think Brice Butler should be traded to a WR needy team while his value is high. And this is coming from someone who once had high hopes for Brice as a Cowboy.

Well I don't think Brice has enough value for a trade, but TWill might with his cheap contract.

If someone offered a late 4th or a speed WR for TWill, I would be all ears......it won't happen, but you gotta give up something to get something.

Reactions: BAT

rkell87

Reaction score
We are keeping 6 receivers at times this year, there will be injuries and a non issue. We have a hedge and contingency for every WR.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Love the player but we aren't keeping 6 WRs. Maybe PS which I see as a likely move assuming he doesn't get snatched.

Difficult decision at TE and QB.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Brown is getting open on ins, outs, sluggos, and flies. He has come a long way with his route running. He has RAC ability being able to maintain balance through contact.

My concern is his body control, strength, and overall ability to make contested catches. He struggles against the jam. He is a big body too.

That is something you either have or you don't. I'm sure that they have drills but Rico Gathers has no experience and is able to make catches with 3 guys hanging off of him on a curl. Brown drops the ball when contested, doesn't fight to stop interceptions, gets caught on the line with good jams, and shows no skill handfighting downfield.

If gets a clean release and gets clear separation he makes plays but he is not going to get that open against most starters.

He has come far but I think people overrate him as a prospect. I'd rather keep Theaker and Hanna over him. I don't want to go short on defense either. Only reason to keep him would be if we only keep 2 QBs.