ITS: Ungrateful fans need to stop taking Dak Prescott for granted

blueblood70

Reaction score
Trading Amari Cooper for what amounted to pocket change is a prime example of a move the Cowboys regret. Brandin Cooks might fill the Cooper void this season, but the lack of a second WR behind CeeDee Lamb last season was one of Dallas' major pitfalls and it loomed large in the playoff loss vs the 49ers.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowboys-connor-williams-dolphins-mandatory-minicamp-new-contract

Well Zekeats, jump right in here... :popcorn:
disagree, move needed to be made at the time what they didnt see coming was Gallup not getting back , Tolbert choking, and Washington got hurt, more lie they needed to keep Ced IN HINDSIGHT Cooper was in fact the right move. pocket change is more then the cards got for Hopkins and MN got for Cooks many other nfl moves

i mean when we got Cooks and Gilmore for pocket change that easy to see this is the business side of the NFL. Sorry ive said it day 1 ,AC being traded was necessary move for the cap 22mil for his role on this team needed to be gone and reality check browns were the ONLY TEAM that were willing to take on his salary and offer a draft pick, other offers were to eat half that deal for better pick. it was time crunch.

Lamb had a career year, he replaced Cooper pretty easily given 2 years in row he was the #1 want to pay the #2 22mil, thats a joke right? again looking back ced would have been better then brown at 2 then he covers 3 would have helped a lot.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'll bite. Ungrateful for what exactly? All those playoff wins and SB appearances the last 27 years? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but we fans have earned every right to gripe. I think 90% are fine with Dak and think he can win. I think you need tio give the vast majority of fans more credit. We are informed. My issue has been the situational play calling. Lets see if we fixed it. We are lucky 2 have Dak because its hard finding even a middle of the road QB ,let alone, a guy that can flash at times like him.
90% of Cowboy Nation is fine with Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot........LOL, LOL! WENTZ 2.0 has been here for many years and has basically
nothing to show for it, except a fat bank account and a bunch of "WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEARS". We're stuck with our own WENTZ 2.0 and if he can't play his way to an NFC Championship or SB then the front office has to give him the Philly treatment and either trade or cut him. I expect after this season, WENTZ 2.0 will have been here 8 years with no real success except a bunch of stats that don't mean didley squat and if JJ wants to be taken seriously AND we know he does, he needs to cut bait with this over hype, overpaid, less than mediocre wannabe NFL QB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Only people who say that didn't understand that situation or why he was traded.
The Lady of Justice scale is a touch more extensive than a black or white...as is useful. First, last season was derailed after passing over the Golden Gate Bridge, as I did being sworn into the Army.

The lack of a top producing receiver group spelled doom in San Francisco. This becomes an excuse attempted to be piled upon the head of Jerry Jones. Matched with Pollard going down early are fueling some angry voices to dominate, because bridled, the blame then shifts to Dak Prescott.

Large amounts of money were involved both with Cooper and other adequate players (guard and tight end) then Zeke Elliott...to get a handle on team talent as well a strong future directed cap management and quality players coming down the chute to become air borne again.

This takes patience, and the one tool not possessed by many with a knee-jerk personality.

Me, I'm glad that Cooper is in Cleveland with a strong Cook here in Dallas...also, thank you Stephen and Jerry.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
No doubt, but the point is that you don't have to have an elite QB to win a SB.
Yes, you do. The bus drivers who won a SB are outliers. The overwhelming vast majority of SB winning QBs are/were elite.

Planning to be the outlier is doomed to failure. The best chance to win the SB is to have an elite QB. That isn't going to change anytime soon.

75boyz

Reaction score
Depending on what your personal standard is for being the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys, you are either grateful or ungrateful for his contributions to team success or lack thereof since he's been here.
I am far from grateful.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Many fans are ok with winning regular season games. They haven’t experienced the playoff success that was a yearly staple with this franchise.
Most fans here have played the game of football for many previous years. C'mon, they have a deep pride base for accomplishmet.

pitt33

Reaction score
Yes, you do. The bus drivers who won a SB are outliers. The overwhelming vast majority of SB winning QBs are/were elite.

Planning to be the outlier is doomed to failure. The best chance to win the SB is to have an elite QB. That isn't going to change anytime soon.
This is truth.

So many can’t grasp this concept.

You need a quarterback who doesn’t fold under pressure. Unfortunately, this team is stuck with one.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is truth.

So many can’t grasp this concept.

You need a quarterback who doesn’t fold under pressure. Unfortunately, this team is stuck with one.
Oh, he's been forged in fire alright...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So by your own admission Dak isnt elite ......explain why?
I have said that a 100 times. Dak is not elite.

but I have also said you don't have to have elite to have a chance. teams do it. if the only way to win was with an Elite QB, there would be 2,3 teams winning superbowls for the next 10 years. and then the next group of elites.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak's had 6/7 years and hasnt improved in any meaningful way (good Defenses have identified his weaknesses, he's not clutch "55 Rating >2 min remaining"....he's never managed to put up two consecutive play-off victories and because of the outstanding CAP restructures adds $60m+ to any contract it's going to restrict the roster, not the elite, but we'll end up replacing good players with JAGS.

Purdy and Hurts arent elite, however their low CAP hits allows for money to be spent on the roster.
but will you win with Purdy and Hurts? was it them or the team around them. and do we have confidence in our GM to put a team together that can win with an average QB.

Dak's salary cap hasn't stopped us from signing anyone we wanted. or want. the future hits, doesn't matter. at some point, it all comes crashing down and you go through rebuild after you absorb the dead money.

so my lack of confidence is not necessarily in Dak, but its on Jerry the GM.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I have said that a 100 times. Dak is not elite.

but I have also said you don't have to have elite to have a chance. teams do it. if the only way to win was with an Elite QB, there would be 2,3 teams winning superbowls for the next 10 years. and then the next group of elites.
its like yelling into a void "If you cant say Dak sucks then you must think he is Mahomes"... no Dak is not Mahomes but he is much better than a JAG QB in this league...both can be true...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I suppose youre saying that if Dak had..... Right Team, Right Surroundings, Right System, Right Owners....then he's succeed, which is EXACTLY the issue, he need's everything around him to work, as soon as it doesnt he leadership/management isnt able to step up and lead the team.
so did Hurts, and you been singining his praises. he has the perfect owner, perfect coach. best OL in football. top 3 WR group. top 5 TE. top 3 defense and top 3 running attack. So did SF, the best defense in the league, probably the best DL in the league. top 5 OL, top 3 RB, top 2 TE, top 5 WR.....half armed Manning did it in denver, one of the best defenses in the league, top 5 OL, top 5 WR group....
it does happen.

and btw, what's your solution? where do we get an Elite QB? and in another comment you mentioned cost. we had 20M on the cap last year. didn't spend it. 20M this year. didn't spend it. if we really wanted to each year we could have had additional 10M in cap space, we didn't do it. who are all the FAs we want to sign and can't that would put this team over the top? and we are already talking to Diggs and Lamb for an extension. have a 10M RB on the team (yes, its only one year).

you need less of those if you have an Elite QB. and despite popular sentiment that these QBs put the team on their back and carry them, leap tall building in a single bound and stop bullet trains. they need help. less help. Mahomes is awsome. great. fantastic. but right coach. Kelce, a HOF TE, he has had some good top 10 WRs he has played with and he has a top 5 OL. defense hasn't always been tops, but good enough. again, an all time Elite QB like him needs less.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
its like yelling into a void "If you cant say Dak sucks then you must think he is Mahomes"... no Dak is not Mahomes but he is much better than a JAG QB in this league...both can be true...
I Know. you have to say he sucks and he is the worst ever. if you don't you must be a supporter and that you think he is great. I don't get it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Believe it or not when the game comes on I cheer for EVERYONE on the Cowboys including Dak. I would love to see this team win a SB and if Dak is the QB that's fine with me. But I've seen enough of Dak to know that his talent is limited. Every human has a pressure point where they begin to choke and make mistakes. Dak is a great front runner but he just can't deal with pressure well at all. When you combine mechanics that need a lot tuning all the time with the pressure it's a bad combination.
some of that maybe true, but I don't think he is as bad as you say he is. and regardless, we have nobody else. we don't have a high draft pick. and we have been 12 wins past two seasons. we have to make a run and build a team to do it. and have the right coaches that can help him manage those situations. Philly won with Nick Foles. the guy nobody wanted for reasons we don't need to get into. Grapolo was in the superbowl. please don't argue he doesn't wilt under pressure. they trusted him so much he past 7 times in a playoff game. and given we don't have an Elite QB. or other prospects, then we have to build the best team we can and make a run.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
90% of Cowboy Nation is fine with Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot........LOL, LOL! WENTZ 2.0 has been here for many years and has basically
nothing to show for it, except a fat bank account and a bunch of "WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEARS". We're stuck with our own WENTZ 2.0 and if he can't play his way to an NFC Championship or SB then the front office has to give him the Philly treatment and either trade or cut him. I expect after this season, WENTZ 2.0 will have been here 8 years with no real success except a bunch of stats that don't mean didley squat and if JJ wants to be taken seriously AND we know he does, he needs to cut bait with this over hype, overpaid, less than mediocre wannabe NFL QB.
OMG, you are not letting that lame joke go are you? its gosh darn stupid. you are even loudly laughing at your own joke...that's pathetic. really pathetic.