ITS: Ungrateful fans need to stop taking Dak Prescott for granted

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah. I did. had a nice glass of Glenrothes and a cuban last night. just chilling the evening away. you? stewed away thinking of something to say
If you are suggesting it's ME...that stews "thinking of something to say"...you couldn't be more wrong.

You and Q just keep being wrong....while thumping your own back with self awarded kudos. Good stuff.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you are suggesting it's ME...that stews "thinking of something to say"...you couldn't be more wrong.

You and Q just keep being wrong....while thumping your own back with self awarded kudos. Good stuff.
I bet you were looking in the mirror when you said that, because it describes you to a T

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more . From where he was drafted to becoming the starter piling up wins and stats he’s exceeded alot of expectations probably the Jones duo being two examples of whose expectations he’s exceeded .

Having said that in pressure road games in particular ( KC last year 9 points to SF this past playoff 12 points ) yeah it’s not all QB but gosh you can’t win games like those not getting into the end zone . This is yr 8 . I’m still mystified with 2 yrs left on 40 million per what’s the rush this yr to sign a new deal Jerry ?

:facepalm:
Parson put the 9er loss on WENTZ 2.0. Had he played just an average game the Boys win, but no WENTZ 2.0 showed and it was game over to a very beatable 9er club.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Parson put the 9er loss on WENTZ 2.0. Had he played just an average game the Boys win, but no WENTZ 2.0 showed and it was game over to a very beatable 9er club.

Can’t argue with any of that . Look who started at QB for SF . A very very winnable game .

plymkr

Reaction score
I'll bite. Ungrateful for what exactly? All those playoff wins and SB appearances the last 27 years? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but we fans have earned every right to gripe. I think 90% are fine with Dak and think he can win. I think you need tio give the vast majority of fans more credit. We are informed. My issue has been the situational play calling. Lets see if we fixed it. We are lucky 2 have Dak because its hard finding even a middle of the road QB ,let alone, a guy that can flash at times like him.
I’ll bite too. We as a fan base have the right to be disgruntled and frustrated due to the last 27 years. The whole “we won 3 super bowls in the 90’s and that makes us spoiled” narrative has played out. But Dak has not been the QB for 27 years. So saying he’ll be the sole reason we break through to the NFCCG or SB is not fair, it’s also not fair to solely blame Dak if we don’t break through.

The QB position has not held us back for 27 years, the Jones have. We’re a mediocre organization with poorly ran football operations. That’s the problem. As fans I feel blaming Romo, Dak, or any other player is a coping skill to help the denial that we’re not a good football organization. We’re the NFL version of McDonald’s. Very popular, makes a ton of money but does not produce a good product.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So we've downgraded our expectations?
I haven't lowered my expectations. Have you? Yes, Dak had too many interceptions last year. I'm hoping he recovers in 2023. I'm hoping he'll improve with the offensive changes. The defense should make it easier, also. If he fails to better his level of play in 2023, we'll see what happens.

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm still on the fence. At this point, I'm a fence builder. I've got 27 years of fences behind me.

Give me a reason to get off the fence. End the argument by winning in the post season like we are supposed to. Give me the ammunition to argue with those that say he can't win it all...by winning it all. Otherwise, I've got decades of fence to sit on.