Reaction score
Anytime someone starts a Dak thread.

Pappy
souvenir-troll-1993856.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am envious that the Eagles owner recognizes that a real GM is the way to build a SB caliber team.

their GM is aggressive and is proactive rather than reactive

the foundation of the Cowboys organization is flawed, so any success that we have is a blessing but it’s also the reason that we haven’t had post season success.

Wrongs players at some of the skilled position and not making the trenches a priority
He had to learn that the hard way when he demoted Roseman and let Chip Kelly be the VP of Personnel.

The owner wants a team to entertain, that is his top priority.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am envious that the Eagles owner recognizes that a real GM is the way to build a SB caliber team.

their GM is aggressive and is proactive rather than reactive

the foundation of the Cowboys organization is flawed, so any success that we have is a blessing but it’s also the reason that we haven’t had post season success.

Wrongs players at some of the skilled position and not making the trenches a priority
Yet I will say that in our 28 years of futility, they were only able to win one Superbowl.

The football "gods" must hate them

shabazz

Reaction score
Yet I will say that in our 28 years of futility, they were only able to win one Superbowl.

The football "gods" must hate them
They’ve put together some deadly teams during the years so I guess we have to be grateful that it’s only been one win……..when they had Desean Jackson i really thought they were gonna get a SB ring

Thank God that his SB ring came with the Rams instead

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
so over invest in the DT position. 84M and a first round pick. I am ok with that. but money is limited no matter what you do. does this mean you ignore other positions?
Dude, this whole post was about where you could spend the Prescott money….

You need depth across the d line. Look at the Eagles-you could add Hargrave to our DL and the Eagles would still have more talent and depth there. So I wouldn’t call adding hargrave over investing…

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dude, this whole post was about where you could spend the Prescott money….

You need depth across the d line. Look at the Eagles-you could add Hargrave to our DL and the Eagles would still have more talent and depth there. So I wouldn’t call adding hargrave over investing…
But that's the point. There is not enough money to strengthen every position. Spendnlimitlessly at every position. Its not the pre cap era where we were deep at every position.
So spend a first round pick. And 84 million for a 30 year old DT.

Let's say Dak is gone and we have 26 M in extra cap space. Thats not a whole lot to sign impact players or are u suggesting to bring in. Bunch of mid level players.

So who is the QB now? You weaken one position and strengthen another one. Is that enough to be a superbowl team. SF had probably the most dominant DL and they came up short.

And we have 20M on the cap. One Mr. Jerry Jones decided not to spend it.

Plus, not sure spending 84M on a 30 year old DT is worth it. Not much high impact players make it to FA

Also we are not alone in this. 15 QBs make average of 30M and above. 10 make 40M and above. Burrows, Herbert, Lawrence, few others are coming up. You think it's bad now. Wait another couple of years.

Nexx

Reaction score
I am grateful for Dak for leading the Cowboys to a whopping 29 combined points in back to back years against the 49er's in playoff loses.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I hope they extend Dak for another 5 years. we ain't winning the superbowl Dak or no Dak, but at least the whining of some of the Bash Dak ovre Dallas cult on this board is entertaining. I mean its still funny after the 190th time they have said it. never gets old.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope they extend Dak for another 5 years. we ain't winning the superbowl Dak or no Dak, but at least the whining of some of the Bash Dak ovre Dallas cult on this board is entertaining. I mean its still funny after the 190th time they have said it. never gets old.
So you'd rather enjoy "Dak Bashers" than Cowboys WINNING something important.

Good to know. It really puts it all in perspective thank you for being honest.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you'd rather enjoy "Dak Bashers" than Cowboys WINNING something important.

Good to know. It really puts it all in perspective thank you for being honest.
Yeah. 27 years of futility with one Mr. Jones. Dak is just the latest Bash "insert name" over Dallas cult. I hope we win. But I am not holding my breath. So my comment is to lack of trust in Jones. So you all are nothing but entertainment getting wound up around the axle at the drop of the name Dak.

See you are already wound up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. 27 years of futility with one Mr. Jones. Dak is just the latest Bash "insert name" over Dallas cult. I hope we win. But I am not holding my breath. So my comment is to lack of trust in Jones. So you all are nothing but entertainment getting wound up around the axle at the drop of the name Dak.

See you are already wound up.
You think *I* am "wound up"?

And you want people to believe it because the likes of YOU...say so?

As you BATTLE to the DEATH anyone who says anything remotely critical about Dak.

And lump EVERYONE into a "DAK HATING..."you all" basket so in YOUR head you can fight some meaningful crusade.

You are either a child or a weirdo. Not saying that to insult you...like the rules advise against. I am saying that because that's what you are.

You think it's me that is wound up as YOU battle to the death everyone.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You think *I* am "wound up"?

And you want people to believe it because the likes of YOU...say so?

As you BATTLE to the DEATH anyone who says anything remotely critical about Dak.

And lump EVERYONE into a "DAK HATING..."you all" basket so in YOUR head you can fight some meaningful crusade.

You are either a child or a weirdo. Not saying that to insult you...like the rules advise against. I am saying that because that's what you are.

You think it's me that is wound up as YOU battle to the death everyone.
Lol. Let's talk about getting wound up around the axle.

Chill dude. Chill