ITS: Ungrateful fans need to stop taking Dak Prescott for granted

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not at all. I wish we would borrow from future years right now to go all in… That said, if we weren’t playing a mediocre quarterback, 50 million we would’ve had more money to spend this off-season… And I know you’ll say well we have 20 million right now. Why didn’t we spend that… The brain trust must feel that that 20 million is necessary to push forward to 24 …
Wait how didn't go from.40 million to 50 million?

And top 15 QB salaries are 30million and above. 10 at 49m.and.above. and Herbert, Burrow Lawrence are all.coming up for new.contracts.

Welcome to the NFL son.

And we have 20M but didn't sign anyone. Because despite the pundits wanting to over spend in FA the facts are there often aren't any elite FAs. Usually they are older, over the hill. Injured or JAGs. None of the pundits have given any reasonable idea of building a team via FA. They just complain.

And yes, the 20 M if not used, gets pushed to.future. but even this year we could have created another 10M with restructuring. That's how they all do it.

So.who did you want to sign and we.didnt or couldn't that you think would be a difference maker?

RonWashington

Reaction score
x1000, I like Dak and he's better than what most teams have at QB but he has yet to show any capability to carry the team through the kind of adversity that comes with playoff football,,, at least not within the classic QB role. Replacing him with an equal caliber QB would not be "easy" but it wouldn't be hard either. Maybe the Texas Coast offense will be better for him.

I couldn’t agree more . From where he was drafted to becoming the starter piling up wins and stats he’s exceeded alot of expectations probably the Jones duo being two examples of whose expectations he’s exceeded .

Having said that in pressure road games in particular ( KC last year 9 points to SF this past playoff 12 points ) yeah it’s not all QB but gosh you can’t win games like those not getting into the end zone . This is yr 8 . I’m still mystified with 2 yrs left on 40 million per what’s the rush this yr to sign a new deal Jerry ?

:facepalm:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more . From where he was drafted to becoming the starter piling up wins and stats he’s exceeded alot of expectations probably the Jones duo being two examples of whose expectations he’s exceeded .

Having said that in pressure road games in particular ( KC last year 9 points to SF this past playoff 12 points ) yeah it’s not all QB but gosh you can’t win games like those not getting into the end zone . This is yr 8 . I’m still mystified with 2 yrs left on 40 million per what’s the rush this yr to sign a new deal Jerry ?

:facepalm:
Could be this is the very gamble both Joneses are shooting for in their sense of team opportunity...and it is for a now purpose.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Last Laugh

Dak Haters are Imbeciles

One to Dez in 2016 and then this one to Hilton.
Wow, 2 passes in 7 years of work.
Simply amazing that Prescott??????? LOL
WOOF WOOF oh there might be a couple against some dog teams like D.C. or the old Giants.

Qcard

Reaction score
WOOF WOOF oh there might be a couple against some dog teams like D.C. or the old Giants.

Dak Haters celebrated Birthdays in Dog Years.........idiots!! :laugh:

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Wait how didn't go from.40 million to 50 million?

And top 15 QB salaries are 30million and above. 10 at 49m.and.above. and Herbert, Burrow Lawrence are all.coming up for new.contracts.

Welcome to the NFL son.

And we have 20M but didn't sign anyone. Because despite the pundits wanting to over spend in FA the facts are there often aren't any elite FAs. Usually they are older, over the hill. Injured or JAGs. None of the pundits have given any reasonable idea of building a team via FA. They just complain.

And yes, the 20 M if not used, gets pushed to.future. but even this year we could have created another 10M with restructuring. That's how they all do it.

So.who did you want to sign and we.didnt or couldn't that you think would be a difference maker?
Go thru the list of FAs. You don’t think Hargrave would have been a massive upgrade? Orlando brown?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Not at all. I wish we would borrow from future years right now to go all in… That said, if we weren’t playing a mediocre quarterback, 50 million we would’ve had more money to spend this off-season… And I know you’ll say well we have 20 million right now. Why didn’t we spend that… The brain trust must feel that that 20 million is necessary to push forward to 24 …
I really want to know this , why do you guys that Hate Prescott continue to insult Prescott ? Like your post , you called Dak a mediocre Qb. When stats numbers wins everything about Dak says he's an above average Qb,

I mean it isn't even debatable at this point

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Go thru the list of FAs. You don’t think Hargrave would have been a massive upgrade? Orlando brown?
so pay 84M to a 30 year old DT. instead of perhaps maybe drafting one?
and I would have like to get Orlando Brown, but perhaps cowboys liked Tyler Smith at LT. we saw a good preview his rookie year. and then maybe they get a guard in draft. I know they didn't but they also still have the other Smith and perhaps as part of the strategy is to draft or sign a guard. I know Risner still available.

perhaps!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
How do you make 40 million per and consume most of your teams cap charge and still be "taken for granted". Such a stupid premise. Baby isn't a feel good 4th round draft pick story any more. He wanted to hang with the big boys now you gotta produce and I ain't talking regular season stats.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
40 million isn't that bad for a guy who needs to be carried. I hope the team carries him good this year.

rambo2

Reaction score
Isn't Dak better than Eli Manning?

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I really want to know this , why do you guys that Hate Prescott continue to insult Prescott ? Like your post , you called Dak a mediocre Qb. When stats numbers wins everything about Dak says he's an above average Qb,

I mean it isn't even debatable at this point
Lol right

Prescott fails the eyeball test. We haven’t won with him, and we never will win with him. But hey, keep waiving those blue pom-poms.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't Dak better than Eli Manning?
:muttley:Alex, I'll take which QB has 2 Superbowl rings for 600$.......
Dak is on the same level give or take as Kirk Cousins who I consider a more accurate passer than Dak.
Look for Tim Tebow and his mechanics and there you shall find the Dakster.....

rambo2

Reaction score
:muttley:Alex, I'll take which QB has 2 Superbowl rings for 600$.......
Dak is on the same level give or take as Kirk Cousins who I consider a more accurate passer than Dak.
Look for Tim Tebow and his mechanics and there you shall find the Dakster.....
Dak is certainly on the same level or better that two time Super Bowl winner Eli Manning. Which makes these anti Dak rants and trolling ridiculous.