I've got chills. The Force Awakens Countdown

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That particular part of the plot originated from the classic (understatement) Batman comics storyline titled Knightfall.

If I remember correctly though, Batman's back was literally broken in Knightfall right? It took powers to get him to walk again.

I guess that was my problem with the Nolan universe, he made it feel like a real world crime drama that scenes of Wayne walking again just felt out of place.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I remember correctly though, Batman's back was literally broken in Knightfall right? It took powers to get him to walk again.

I guess that was my problem with the Nolan universe, he made it feel like a real world crime drama that scenes of Wayne walking again just felt out of place.
You're right about Batman's back being healed by someone else's powers.

I can see how Wayne's recovery would rub some the wrong way. For me, Nolan made the story "more realistic" by toning down the entire set of circumstances. Just as Ra's al Ghul wasn't played was an ultra-mythical immortal or The Joker as... well... like Jack Nicholson played the character, Bane wasn't played as some hulking, drug enhanced, super strong menace. Instead, Nolan made Bane very strong. Strong enough to kill with his bare hands but reasonably tempered that he would use his strength to incapacitate only. Certainly Nolan could have Bane sever Batman's spinal column but doing so would require the introduction of metahumans or even magic to heal his back. That would've gotten the movie completely off track. Instead, Nolan had Bane damage Wayne severely but not to the point that medical treatment couldn't repair his back. I think the long, hard road back to recovery also made Nolan's version of events more tenable.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
post-11900-Charlie-pounding-chest-gif-Its-wvyp.gif

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I've got five tickets for my family on opening night at 7 PM. We'll get there early to make sure we can sit together and to hopefully view some good cosplay. However, I'm weakly optimistic about this movie. I know I can't compare them to the original trilogy since I was 7 when Episode 4 came out. I'm worried about some of the actors selected and how they will perform. I'm worried about the story line not being engaging. I'm going in not with low expectations but with "meh" expectations. That usually helps me enjoy the movie if it is not very good.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Yeah I can't really be excited, the franchise is dead for me after those last horrid Star Wars movies. And to be real I don't like JJ Abrams work especially on the Star Trek movies it kinda kills anything with lore.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Yeah I can't really be excited, the franchise is dead for me after those last horrid Star Wars movies. And to be real I don't like JJ Abrams work especially on the Star Trek movies it kinda kills anything with lore.

Well.... see you later....
The Train Moves On!;):D
miley-cyrus-wop-twerk-2013.gif

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Soilter Alert.

Avoid any news online about new Rey action figure
someone bought at wallmart. Showing photos of it on facebook and star wars newfeeds. Toy was sold (before it was allowed). Disney is upset and has ordered all photos be taken down at such sites. So be aware some of these pics may still be up. Big reveal of her character.

rynochop

Reaction score
Pumped too for it...saw a newer trailer last night, with another line from Solo, man Harrison Ford is old. Hope we aren't getting a grumpy old man, gruff talking Han Solo...that Ford seems to be lately