Twitter: Jack Crawford to visit Stealers

CCBoy

Reaction score
That doesn't suggest you should keep Crawford. But to rid yourself of your GM, scouts and anyone involved on draft day.

Welcome to some discussion, I won't harbor responses that could be seen negatively. There is suspicion, but we set about trying to define and seperate chaf and grain as well. So, the mention of a lot of stereotypes isn't like a global warming affair. Some of us have been Cowboys fans since they started in 1960, and appreciate the challenges. Easy and hard...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we sign Jones then it's not a big deal losing him

Maybe this is why we're visiting with Jones. Might have made a low-ball offer to Crawford that was refused. If we're going to have to pay more, Dallas might see Jones as a better option.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Guys like JCrawford...if we let em walk, it's because we know them better than anyone and don't value them.
I'm fine either way.

LittleD

Reaction score
The Cowboy FO has a number in mind when paying "rotational role" players. If Crawford gets a better deal
from another team so be it. I don't think the FO sees a bigger role for Crawford this year so, they are probably
not looking at long term deal with big signing bonus for him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're point is that the draft is a crap shoot, I agree. The Cowboys are better than some and not as good as others at finding players, but it's a risk if you're replacing a solid known commodity with a rookie transitioning to the NFL.

Yeah, but there are also finances involved. If a guy like Jack Crawford is looking for a few million dollars per year, I'm happy that they're moving on.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
When we resign one of our own people complain about keeping the band together of a 4 -12 team.

When one of our non critical pieces takes a visit people complain about weakening a position group.

Must be nice to have it both ways.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we resign one of our own people complain about keeping the band together of a 4 -12 team.

When one of our non critical pieces takes a visit people complain about weakening a position group.

Must be nice to have it both ways.

Says a guy who'll be clapping when Jack Crawford re-signs with the Cowboys or when he signs somewhere else...

:clap:

Doomsay

Reaction score
Seems like an easy guy to replace - we could potentially get somebody with more upside as well. Also, I would prefer that our JAGs not share names with our starters, especially on the same squad. Gameday is confusing enough.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but there are also finances involved. If a guy like Jack Crawford is looking for a few million dollars per year, I'm happy that they're moving on.

Yeah. It always comes down to money. Clearly we were at an impasse.

He'll go to PIT and see what they offer. I hope he comes back at our number because he's basically a flexible placeholder for us. I'd rather use the draft picks elsewhere. But if he goes, he goes. He's a decent rotational player in a young position group.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. It always comes down to money. Clearly we were at an impasse.

He'll go to PIT and see what they offer. I hope he comes back at our number because he's basically a flexible placeholder for us. I'd rather use the draft picks elsewhere. But if he goes, he goes. He's a decent rotational player in a young position group.

For me it all comes down to the money. I'm fine with bringing the player back, but he is what he is, a journeyman utility player. If he's looking for more than $1 million a year, I say let someone else pay him. I think you can get Jack Crawford level talent off the street and that's a big part of why the guy is still unsigned here or anywhere else.

I'd be upset if this team were to pay him any more than that, especially after preaching financial prudence during free agency.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
For me it all comes down to the money. I'm fine with bringing the player back, but he is what he is, a journeyman utility player. If he's looking for more than $1 million a year, I say let someone else pay him. I think you can get Jack Crawford level talent off the street and that's a big part of why the guy is still unsigned here or anywhere else.

I'd be upset if this team were to pay him any more than that, especially after preaching financial prudence during free agency.

I could see them willing to give him up to 2.5 and he might want anywhere in the 3-4 million area. 1 million is around vet minimum.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'd pay more than that, because I think he's a better player than that. Obviously, he's in the sidelines, but if a vet min deal were in that table we'd have signed him long ago. He'll end up with a decent deal, though not what he probably wanted. DLs are just valuable, even in a role playing capacity.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Seems like an easy guy to replace - we could potentially get somebody with more upside as well. Also, I would prefer that our JAGs not share names with our starters, especially on the same squad. Gameday is confusing enough.

Hey - he was in the same class at City of London School as Daniel Radcliffe. Gotta be some magic in him.