Twitter: Jack Crawford to visit Stealers

MtlCowboy

Reaction score
If Pitt signs him are we eligible for a comp pick?

i was wondering about next year's comp picks but didn't see any lists yet

i would assume crawford would be eligible which would mean, by my count:
lost:
- bernardeau, cassel, Obada,

signed
- thornton, morris, mayowa

possibly losing: crawford, hardy, turbin?
possibly signing: looney, jones

i have no definitive idea if this is correct or not but it doesn't look like we will get many comp picks like 2016

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd pay more than that, because I think he's a better player than that. Obviously, he's in the sidelines, but if a vet min deal were in that table we'd have signed him long ago. He'll end up with a decent deal, though not what he probably wanted. DLs are just valuable, even in a role playing capacity.

And there comes a point with every team where some guys just don't get paid because you can't lay everybody and because they're not worth it. Jack Crawford is one of those 'guys'.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
you would think if they thought he was a person they needed would of figured out a way to sign him they did Mac clain and the others from last years team.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Says a guy who'll be clapping when Jack Crawford re-signs with the Cowboys or when he signs somewhere else...

:clap:

I'm not worked up about Jack Crawford one way or the other.

It's funny somehow i'm a stan for pointing out the Cowboys are doing exactly what they told you they were going to do. You sound like the kid who is mad at the teacher because the test she said was coming on Friday...came on Friday.

Personally i'm most frustrated at missing out on Robinson this offseason. I was also a little miffed at missing out on Lamar until we got Morris for free.

People always complained that Jerry couldn't help the flash moves! And how that hurt us so much. In reality the fans love the flash moves at least as much as Jerry does. Yall are exposing your hypocrisy.

Craig

Reaction score

It's funny somehow i'm a stan for pointing out the Cowboys are doing exactly what they told you they were going to do. You sound like the kid who is mad at the teacher because the test she said was coming on Friday...came on Friday.

Personally i'm most frustrated at missing out on Robinson this offseason. I was also a little miffed at missing out on Lamar until we got Morris for free.

People always complained that Jerry couldn't help the flash moves! And how that hurt us so much. In reality the fans love the flash moves at least as much as Jerry does. Yall are exposing your hypocrisy.

Just liking this was not enough. I needed to quote it as well.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

lost:

signed

i have no definitive idea if this is correct or not but it doesn't look like we will get many comp picks like 2016

Obada doesn't count he was a 1st year player that was released. Mayowa also doesn't count since he was restricted and the raiders could have retained. Turbin signed with colts.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And you're doing more of the same. For every person you try to point your finger at and cry because "the Cowboys can't win", while exposing yourself for being the fan where they can't lose and no matter what they do it's the right move. All the while being blissfully unaware of your own hypocrisy.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
And you're doing more of the same. For every person you try to point your finger at and cry because "the Cowboys can't win", while exposing yourself for being the fan where they can't lose and no matter what they do it's the right move. All the while being blissfully unaware of your own hypocrisy.

I'm not even sure what you tried to say here.

However I gave you tangible examples of when the team "lost" in my opinion. You then turn around and say i'm a fan who the team "can't lose" on.

I respect how you never let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And there comes a point with every team where some guys just don't get paid because you can't lay everybody and because they're not worth it. Jack Crawford is one of those 'guys'.

There definitely is that point. For you, Jack Crawford may be one of those guys. For me, he would have been one of our young FAs I was most interested in paying. There's a spot on every team in this league for a four year player who can play any DL position and get you 4-5 sacks in a half-rotational role.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not even sure what you tried to say here.

However I gave you tangible examples of when the team "lost" in my opinion. You then turn around and say i'm a fan who the team "can't lose" on.

I respect how you never let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Right. You're the guy that tells everyone the proper and acceptable amount of disagreement they should have. If it doesn't match with yours it's wrong.

How about instead letting other people voice their opinions even if they might not match your own?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I like the player but IF we lose him then perhaps we can hope on a better player to step up. Loss creates opportunity.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

lost:

signed

Mayowa was a RFA and would not count

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
sounds like he wants more than the team is willing to pay you would think if he is someone they really liked they would of already signed him you cant just keep losing players on defense and expect improvement.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Gonna admit, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't sign Jack Crawford. 4 sacks from a reserve DT is pretty good, and if he sign for back up money else where, I'll be puzzled

Wood

Reaction score
little perspective. We are talking about FA that no team wanted yet and its basically now draft month.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Gonna admit, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't sign Jack Crawford. 4 sacks from a reserve DT is pretty good, and if he sign for back up money else where, I'll be puzzled

...until a strong defensive tackle is taken in the draft.