Jackson MVP, Dak 2nd

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dak had a fantastic regular season.

Dak also froze up and choked in the 1st half vs Green Bay when the playoff lights got bright.

Both can be true, and both are true.

In a slight defense of Dak vs Green Bay, once he FINALLY got into a rhythm and we started scoring, the defense kept wilting and didn't give us any type of shot to come back.

San Francisco was down 17 points at half in the NFCCG, but their defense flipped the switch in the 2nd half.

We were down 20 at half and our D never flipped the switch.

It is what it is. Do better next time, everyone. Please?
Umm, they were down 20-0 in the 2nd quarter and
when the defense needed the team leader to put
together a drive, he threw a pick-6 to start the drive.
27-0 with 5 seconds to half.

Whole team was shell shocked. It was 41-16 when 3rd stringers were on GB defense.

Nav22

Reaction score

Whole team was shell shocked. It was 41-16 when 3rd stringers were on GB defense.
What part of "Dak froze up and choked in the 1sf half" did you disagree with?

The 49ers could've been "shell-shocked" when they were down 17 vs Detroit too.

We scored 10 straight points to cut the lead to 27-10 early in the 3rd quarter. The game wasn't over until the defense kept wilting.

Plenty of blame to go around.

Adreme

Reaction score

I like how dishonestly skip over the part that ruins your narrative aka the part where the "team leader" then put together back to back TD drives to make it a 2 score game and all the defense had to do was get 1 stop and suddenly we have a game again but they could not do it.

Its staggering that the Packers drives could be in order: TD-Punt-TD-TD-TD-TD-TD and then 3rd stringers and somehow do not immediately to the defense and go "that is not something that anyone can win with". When that is what your defense does nothing else matters because you are not going to win a game where your defense does that.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I like how dishonestly skip over the part that ruins your narrative aka the part where the "team leader" then put together back to back TD drives to make it a 2 score game and all the defense had to do was get 1 stop and suddenly we have a game again but they could not do it.

Its staggering that the Packers drives could be in order: TD-Punt-TD-TD-TD-TD-TD and then 3rd stringers and somehow do not immediately to the defense and go "that is not something that anyone can win with". When that is what your defense does nothing else matters because you are not going to win a game where your defense does that.
You're talking about the part where GB called off the
dogs and let garbage stat Dak do his thing...lol
Talk about being "dishonest".

SF started prepping for GB at halftime of this game.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm thinking Brock Purdy is feeling a bit disrespected.
Maybe he'll be a SB MVP.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score

Why is it "impossible" for Dak to score on all but one of his possessions if a QB playing his first playoff game was able to do it?

It's not like Dak was facing the 85 bears...

John813

Reaction score
Congrats to Jackson. 2x is impressive.

Since everyone is sharing their opinions in here -

The real “MVP” is Patrick Mahomes, and he will be until he falls off a cliff performance-wise, or retires.

But I really think it should have gone to McCaffery, or Hill. Just giving MVP to whatever QB has the best year every year is getting old.

I agree.
It's not like the QB's had a great year per say stats wise. One thing when it was Peyton, Brady, Brees putting up Madden numbers and leading their teams into a high seed. 50ish TDs thrown.

Lamar had a very good year, but was it more impressive than CMC or Hill? I don't think so.

MVP needs to be renamed best QB award.
And then have a non QB "MVP" award.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak had a fantastic regular season.

Dak also froze up and choked in the 1st half vs Green Bay when the playoff lights got bright.

Both can be true, and both are true.

In a slight defense of Dak vs Green Bay, once he FINALLY got into a rhythm and we started scoring, the defense kept wilting and didn't give us any type of shot to come back.

San Francisco was down 17 points at half in the NFCCG, but their defense flipped the switch in the 2nd half.

We were down 20 at half and our D never flipped the switch.

It is what it is. Do better next time, everyone. Please?
Fair and reasonable take.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Congrats to Jackson. 2x is impressive.

Since everyone is sharing their opinions in here -

The real “MVP” is Patrick Mahomes, and he will be until he falls off a cliff performance-wise, or retires.

But I really think it should have gone to McCaffery, or Hill. Just giving MVP to whatever QB has the best year every year is getting old.
It’s just what it is. The quarterback is the most important position on the field. Sucks but that’s just what it is.

I do find it odd you can be MVP but not offensive player of the year. Why wouldn’t it be the same player? If you are a offensive player and win MVP shouldn’t you be Offensive player of the year?