Jackson MVP, Dak 2nd

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak had a fantastic regular season.

Dak also froze up and choked in the 1st half vs Green Bay when the playoff lights got bright.

Both can be true, and both are true.

In a slight defense of Dak vs Green Bay, once he FINALLY got into a rhythm and we started scoring, the defense kept wilting and didn't give us any type of shot to come back.

San Francisco was down 17 points at half in the NFCCG, but their defense flipped the switch in the 2nd half.

We were down 20 at half and our D never flipped the switch.

It is what it is. Do better next time, everyone. Please?
The game was 48-16 with 6 minutes left.

Dak only “got in rhythm” when the 3rd string prevent defense started.

The defense never gave up another point after Dak “got in rhythm”.

There was never going to be a comeback.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"I'll give the choker a pity vote" shrugs as if it matters. Now go put that crap in your shrine.

I truly hope they let dak buy the Man of the Year trophy again. I hope he gives some turkey to some homeless crackheads or he hands out some rubbers to unmarried women. go dak, we love you.

Adreme

Reaction score
You're talking about the part where GB called off the
dogs and let garbage stat Dak do his thing...lol
Talk about being "dishonest".

SF started prepping for GB at halftime of this game.
If you honestly think they called off the dogs on defense at the end of the first half, and the start of the second half, but kept going on offense just cause I guess they were bored, then you are exposing how naked your bias is. Again nothing else matters when your defense gives up TD-Punt-TD-TD-TD-TD-TD (then the 3rd stringers come in). You are not winning any game where your defense does that. Dak got it within 2 scores again and all the defense was one stop and instead they failed.

Adreme

Reaction score
Why is it "impossible" for Dak to score on all but one of his possessions if a QB playing his first playoff game was able to do it?

It's not like Dak was facing the 85 bears...
Simply put you are saying that the expectation should be that Dak plays better than any QB in the past 5 years in the playoffs has played (probably longer but I did not want to keep going) because I cannot find a single example going back 5 years of a QB scoring TDs on their first 7 possessions and that is what it would have taken to be ahead in the GB game. At some point your defense needs to stop someone in the playoffs. It is not even remotely reasonable to expect TDs on every possession just to keep it close.

1942willys

Reaction score
If you honestly think they called off the dogs on defense at the end of the first half, and the start of the second half, but kept going on offense just cause I guess they were bored, then you are exposing how naked your bias is. Again nothing else matters when your defense gives up TD-Punt-TD-TD-TD-TD-TD (then the 3rd stringers come in). You are not winning any game where your defense does that. Dak got it within 2 scores again and all the defense was one stop and instead they failed.
Dak bots are so funny. GB called off the dogs in the fourth and that is the only reason Dak got anything

1942willys

Reaction score
Simply put you are saying that the expectation should be that Dak plays better than any QB in the past 5 years in the playoffs has played (probably longer but I did not want to keep going) because I cannot find a single example going back 5 years of a QB scoring TDs on their first 7 possessions and that is what it would have taken to be ahead in the GB game. At some point your defense needs to stop someone in the playoffs. It is not even remotely reasonable to expect TDs on every possession just to keep it close.
actually we have done that
Romo did that against the Broncos and Manning
epic shootout which of course we lost as the D did not show up at all and Romo pushed it and threw a pick
but at least it was an exciting game for whatever that was worth
Dak getting garbage stats stank it up

Vandyr

Reaction score
I like how dishonestly skip over the part that ruins your narrative aka the part where the "team leader" then put together back to back TD drives to make it a 2 score game
You mean after GB pulled all of their starters? :lmao:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Lamar shouldn't even have been in the conversation if you go based on numbers.

Adreme

Reaction score
Dak bots are so funny. GB called off the dogs in the fourth and that is the only reason Dak got anything
I guess to be a hater you really do have to turn off your brain or cut your IQ in half or just serious memory issues. To remind you, because I guess you did not watch the game, it was a 2 score game early in the 3rd quarter. All the defense had to do was get 1 stop and suddenly we have a game again. Instead they continued the trend of giving up a TD on every drive so it did not matter.

Adreme

Reaction score
actually we have done that
Romo did that against the Broncos and Manning
epic shootout which of course we lost as the D did not show up at all and Romo pushed it and threw a pick
but at least it was an exciting game for whatever that was worth
Dak getting garbage stats stank it up
3 things: that was a regular season game, which is entirely different to a playoff game, they lost the game, and they still did not do what I just said. The Cowboys first few drives of that were, in order: TD-TD-FG-Fumble-FG-Punt-halftime. They then had 4 TDs in a row before the INT but again that is not a TD on every possession. In order to keep pace they needed a TD on 7 straight drives. Not a FG, not a Punt, but a TD on 7 straight drives.

Adreme

Reaction score
You mean after GB pulled all of their starters? :lmao:
They didnt pull their starters at the start of the 3rd quarter but dont feel bad as I have learned the Dak haters do not have the best memory so you are not alone in forgetting large portions of the game.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dan played horrible the first third of the season, meaning the changes they made in off-season were garbage. Credit to MM for dumbing down the offense even more while playing against horrible teams, but you could only do so much, as Dak played like complete garbage for the last part of the season yet again and then proceeded to play like dog Doo Doo in the playoffs after getting ready for the playoffs by padding stats against the Commanders.

Remember, the Cowboys had an EXTRA week to prepare for the playoffs. Teams figured out what the Cowboys were doing and Dak sucked. And please spare the excuses of not being prepared, as the offense moved the ball against the Packers second team and prevent. Dak didn’t have any jitter, he just didn’t know what to do, as usual against an “average” defense that actually has a lead against the Cowboys.

khiladi

Reaction score
Save that same energy for CeeDee then.. or it was Dak that “brought them back”…

blueblood70

Reaction score
Awesome, I am sure his agent will use this as leverage during contract talks. And we can all hear Jerry now praising Dak for second place MVP.
And I guess they can pat Lamar Jackson on the back for not being able to score more than 10 points when his defense even in the playoffs was holding teams under 17 points a game still no Super Bowls still no big signature wins in the playoffs for one Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen or anyone else that we talk about all the time so why not just put it on Prescott because his deals coming up but how much money does these other quarterbacks make?? Why don't you refresh me on the top ten quarterback rankings versus the top ten quarterback salaries and we could discuss just about anyone except for Patrick mahomes I'm being overpaid with lack of any big signature wins yet in their careers....

And by the way I don't think Prescott needs this all he needs to know is that he played well he's a top ten quarterback and the Cowboys have to decide whether they wanna pay him or let this roll one more year on the last year of his deal and then let the market dictate his contract... My point he didn't need this top two finish and the MVP to dictate how much money he's gonna make that's already in the works because quarterbacks like him get market money that's just how it goes...​
The odd thing I find is our own fan base wants to keep mocking this guy he had one of the best regular seasons by a Dallas cowboy quarterback ever and I get we fell short in the playoffs but it wasn't exactly only Prescott not showing up in that game it was a total team collapse...​
We constantly have these discussions he actually earned the MVP and he got second place that'd be robbery just like no other quarterback in Cowboys history has won the MVP This is why Darren Woodson is sitting there waiting and waiting and being disrespected by not being in already he is a Hall of Famer....​
There's some bias here in my opinion against Cowboys players and it continues.... All the guys up for MVP deserved to be in consideration but this is a regular season award Prescott should have won but it is subjective and he didn't but it is not gonna dictate whether he makes more money on his contract or not that was set in stone already.....​
It will be up to the front office on whether they decide to extend him or not but he's going to get paid by some team probably between 45 and $55 million a year depending on how they structure it could even be more.. I know you wanna get rid of this guy but for who would you like to be in the bottom 16 at quarterback and probably struggling to win six games every year I mean that's what you have to do it's either get lucky and trip over a rookie and hope they succeed because right now our team's not good enough to carry a bad quarterback it's the other way around Prescott carried us in so many games this year without a run game with a leaky offensive line question about coaching bad defense and all the losses and even the win against seattle's bad defense...​
The defense is more overrated you cannot hide a bad quarterback from the teams we've seen the last few years the defense is not good enough the role players around him the offensive line is not good enough to carry some mid level or worse a rookie quarterback you need to have a really great team like Brock Purdy fell into I'm not saying he doesn't deserve accolades but the man has one of the most loaded teams in the NFL just like Lamar Jackson had his defense was so ridiculous...​
So what's the plan we talk about this all the time you wanna get rid of Prescott you don't wanna pay him this team is so not ready to carry a below average quarterback or quarterback that needs to learn...​