Jackson MVP, Dak 2nd

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamar shouldn't even have been in the conversation if you go based on numbers.
I disagree with that he deserved to be a top five candidate for sure you gotta add in his rushing yards because if you're gonna take into consideration Christian mccaffrey's numbers as an MVP or a wide receivers numbers for MVP then you have to take in all the stats from the quarterback but Prescott deserved to win it when it's a regular season award he was the best quarterback in the regular season this season he's not the best quarterback in the NFL that'd be Patrick mahomes...

But Lamar deserve the credit he just didn't deserve the actual trophy... But these awards are subjective I mean we could have voted in Duran bland or even Micah Parsons for a defensive player of the year but they didn't get it we could also put in CD lamb for offensive player of the year instead of Christian McCaffrey... This is what happens when subjective voting comes into mind but what blows my mind is the fact that no Cowboys quarterback in the history of NFL has won the MVP there's some mother ****** bias here.....

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak and the passing game had a fantastic year. Yet again. Now if they could only run the ball and stop the run the Cowboys would have a chance.
Cute…. We had a running game multiple years, including in 2021 and Dak sucked.. We just love to keep recycling excuses for him. Wait until we get to OL sucking again, even though we are already getting to that point with the excuses..

cowboys1732

Reaction score
And I guess they can pat Lamar Jackson on the back for not being able to score more than 10 points when his defense even in the playoffs was holding teams under 17 points a game still no Super Bowls still no big signature wins in the playoffs for one Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen or anyone else that we talk about all the time so why not just put it on Prescott because his deals coming up but how much money does these other quarterbacks make?? Why don't you refresh me on the top ten quarterback rankings versus the top ten quarterback salaries and we could discuss just about anyone except for Patrick mahomes I'm being overpaid with lack of any big signature wins yet in their careers....

And by the way I don't think Prescott needs this all he needs to know is that he played well he's a top ten quarterback and the Cowboys have to decide whether they wanna pay him or let this roll one more year on the last year of his deal and then let the market dictate his contract... My point he didn't need this top two finish and the MVP to dictate how much money he's gonna make that's already in the works because quarterbacks like him get market money that's just how it goes...​
The odd thing I find is our own fan base wants to keep mocking this guy he had one of the best regular seasons by a Dallas cowboy quarterback ever and I get we fell short in the playoffs but it wasn't exactly only Prescott not showing up in that game it was a total team collapse...​
We constantly have these discussions he actually earned the MVP and he got second place that'd be robbery just like no other quarterback in Cowboys history has won the MVP This is why Darren Woodson is sitting there waiting and waiting and being disrespected by not being in already he is a Hall of Famer....​
There's some bias here in my opinion against Cowboys players and it continues.... All the guys up for MVP deserved to be in consideration but this is a regular season award Prescott should have won but it is subjective and he didn't but it is not gonna dictate whether he makes more money on his contract or not that was set in stone already.....​
It will be up to the front office on whether they decide to extend him or not but he's going to get paid by some team probably between 45 and $55 million a year depending on how they structure it could even be more.. I know you wanna get rid of this guy but for who would you like to be in the bottom 16 at quarterback and probably struggling to win six games every year I mean that's what you have to do it's either get lucky and trip over a rookie and hope they succeed because right now our team's not good enough to carry a bad quarterback it's the other way around Prescott carried us in so many games this year without a run game with a leaky offensive line question about coaching bad defense and all the losses and even the win against seattle's bad defense...​
The defense is more overrated you cannot hide a bad quarterback from the teams we've seen the last few years the defense is not good enough the role players around him the offensive line is not good enough to carry some mid level or worse a rookie quarterback you need to have a really great team like Brock Purdy fell into I'm not saying he doesn't deserve accolades but the man has one of the most loaded teams in the NFL just like Lamar Jackson had his defense was so ridiculous...​
So what's the plan we talk about this all the time you wanna get rid of Prescott you don't wanna pay him this team is so not ready to carry a below average quarterback or quarterback that needs to learn...​
It doesn’t matter what I or anyone else wants, Jerry is going to,roll with him. At this point, I am ready for them to draft someone to try and develop. In my opinion, they should have done that three years ago so they did have options instead of being stuck over a barrel now with his contract.

I am a fan of the team, therefore I am a Dak fan, so long as he is the starting QB. My post was directed more at being critical of Jerry for being in this position than it was of Dak.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak had a fantastic regular season.

Dak also froze up and choked in the 1st half vs Green Bay when the playoff lights got bright.

Both can be true, and both are true.

In a slight defense of Dak vs Green Bay, once he FINALLY got into a rhythm and we started scoring, the defense kept wilting and didn't give us any type of shot to come back.

San Francisco was down 17 points at half in the NFCCG, but their defense flipped the switch in the 2nd half.

We were down 20 at half and our D never flipped the switch.

It is what it is. Do better next time, everyone. Please?

Very well put.

conner01

Reaction score
Dak and the passing game had a fantastic year. Yet again. Now if they could only run the ball and stop the run the Cowboys would have a chance.
Exactly. The fox for this team are those two things. Run the ball and stop the run. It’s that simple. Actually doing it falls on the staff and the front office. By developing a better scheme, fixing the oline and adding LB who can cover and stop the run

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While fair by my eyes; worth noting CMC played on some teams that won 5 games or less.
No player wins alone.
Yeah I'd have to look back at that. I know he missed a lot of time when he was with Carolina. It would be interesting to see their W/L records with and without him.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
ricky-bobby-will-ferell.gif

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m a little surprised he came in 2nd as I thought McCarrfrey was gonna be there.

Dak had an MVP-caliber regular season. The post season is a different story.