Jags WR Zay Jones Released

conner01

Reaction score
I have no issue with him I just don’t feel like he improves our unit. I have Cooks. I need someone better than Cooks. Ideally I’d want Cooks to be my third best receiver.
Cooks isn’t 3rd best in many teams and there really isn’t anyone out there you can sign that’s gonna be a 2 in front of cooks

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yet 82 receptions (28 more than Cooks last season) in 2022. That's an unattainable dream for Tolbert. Also, keep in mind Jones only played in 9 games last year. Actually, per game Jones had more receptions that Cooks last season.

Yes, I'm showing my true colors. I don't like our receiver room with the exception of Lamb.
Of Cooks played for the Jags AMD Jones for the Cowboys, then Cooks would have had more receptions then Jones

DFWJC

Reaction score
Should be able to find another team, at a reduced contract if he wants to.
This.
They added some WRs via draft ad FA and his contract was fairly expensive for what will probably be WR4.

He'll land somewhere. I've met him a couple fo times. Very nice and polite guy.
Has some skills too.

shabazz

Reaction score
What was I thinking? Its going to be almost impossible for Zay to match that 3.3 receptions per game that our #2 receiver is giving.

Not to mention that season high 37 yard catch........we good.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cooks isn’t 3rd best in many teams and there really isn’t anyone out there you can sign that’s gonna be a 2 in front of cooks
I don't even think we saw the best of Cooks. He and Dak just didn't have the best chemistry. Hope it's better this year.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Perhaps, but that’s complete speculation. The numbers I posted, however, are definitive.
No man is an island in football. So your scientific numbers prove nothing only record stats

But the scientific Fact of the 2nd WR in Dallas going AWOL can be demonstrated numerous times over 9 years by multiple Players.

With only CD as the "#2" to Cooper having any kind of success. But even then CD was criticized for not getting separation and dropping balls with even some Fan Boys wanted to get rid of Him because He was overrated

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Was at that Raider game. It was awful. The refs were very bad too btw. It was a poorly officiated game. All Carr was doing was heaving the ball wherever AB was lined up and it would draw a PI every time. At one point Carr was on the big screen being shown laughing. They knew AB was terrible and Zay lit us up.
I would've walked out in disgust. It usually looks much worse in person, so I can only imagine what you witnessed that day.

I went to a game back in the 90s when they had Charlie Williams and Kevin Mathis at CB. WRs were open by 5 yards on every darn play. it was shocking to see in person.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
No man is an island in football. So your scientific numbers prove nothing only record stats

But the scientific Fact of the 2nd WR in Dallas going AWOL can be demonstrated numerous times over 9 years by multiple Players.

With only CD as the "#2" to Cooper having any kind of success. But even then CD was criticized for not getting separation and dropping balls with even some Fan Boys wanted to get rid of Him because He was overrated
"No man is an island in football". That's cute.

They're not scientific numbers, there's not an algorithm or something of the like used here, just straight facts. If someone catches 82 balls, he caught 82 balls. It doesn't come with terms.

So your counter is to state that a scientific fact is that when playing the #2 receiver in Dallas you can't put up numbers? This clearly demonstrates your lack of understanding of the term "scientific fact". Your position centers around "if this then this would have happened, we could have's, or we will if this happens", and whole host of conjecture that gets kicked around in your head and then word vomited in attempt at reason. At least you can keep yourself entertained. Keep havin' fun.

I'm done on this one.