Jags WR Zay Jones Released

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would've walked out in disgust. It usually looks much worse in person, so I can only imagine what you witnessed that day.

I went to a game back in the 90s when they had Charlie Williams and Kevin Mathis at CB. WRs were open by 5 yards on every darn play. it was shocking to see in person.
sounds like the Randy Moss game. Yeah it was hard to watch. Let me tell ya.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thomas is a great prospect, but still a prospect. They have an interesting hodge podge at WR, but no true go to guy right. At least no who is what they thought Ridley would be
Yeah.....I wonder did they consider Ridley a failure though? I know he got a nice deal....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooks isn’t 3rd best in many teams and there really isn’t anyone out there you can sign that’s gonna be a 2 in front of cooks
Not sure what you mean? You think he's worse than a #3?

And you are right but cuts do happen and trades happen. I'll take another player the caliber of Cooks for a 6th rounder....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yup, 8 games missed for injury as well as a domestic battery charge didn't help. Maybe he's passed all that since he did have a great year the year before but should definitely be looked into if he's a consideration.
Dude sounds like a Peach :facepalm: I mean dude the grand prize winning Gold Star can't miss Randy Moss type according to our wonderful fan base who likes everybody but our guys... I mean between our fan base and social media every player who's either up for a trade who's being cut or anybody else that we drafted but who we drafted should be taken you'd think that all of y'all had had some kind of super jobs in pro sports I mean where are the credentials where you can prove you've run a professional sports team I mean where's your hardware you got them rings can I see all y'alls credentials and rings please....lmao..

so, they all come on here and say Jerry should get this guy and that guy any guy but he won't because he's too cheap and yet his own damn teams are trying to get rid of the guy...

Sorry but that's not the type of guy we need on the team we already have a number one and #2 , a top ten tight end could be top 5 depends on your perspective, we need to fix the running back group before we even think about a wide receiver but they picked up a lot of guys that can battle in camp for the #3 wide receiver spot right now, this year this is not the time to address this , they need to draft a wide receiver higher next year to replace cooks..​

I mean they act like our offense is totally broke and at some point it gets old they act like they're doing Prescott a disservice by having one of the top wide receivers in the league ,

I mean he's top three right we have a top five to 10 tight end depending on how you want to rank him, we have two of the best guards in football, we literally are made the draft to fix the offensive line and now we have about six to seven running backs to try to fix the running back room whether that happens or not Jerry's already hinted they could make a trade for a running back acts near the season or in season before the trade deadline...

The fans are worrying about the rest of the guys , I mean we have a pretty solid #2 wide receiver a pretty solid #2 tight end I mean you have Turpin who everyone keeps dismissing but you could use him in the pass game more as a weapon behind the line of scrimmage, 9 routes etc he do a lot of the same things that you need to stop using CD Lamb behind the line of scrimmage in my opinion and you can use deuce Vaughn in much the same way that you used Pollard early on in his career for more that behind the line of scrimmage stuff , stretch plays etc

this offense if it gets some creativity written into the scheme has plenty of weapons.... This offense does not need to be top five as long as it's top 10 and they can put up points which by the way some of y'all somehow think that Prescott got second in MVP voting last year, and he somehow was second team all pro with a bunch of spare parts according to this place we have no weapons we have no doubts and yet we won 12 games won the division and we have a lot of our players getting hardware and yet it seems like junk to you guys.. By the way what was our offense ranked last year against the rest of the NFL I don't know but I know if you listen to the fans it was garbage but I'm pretty sure we were one of the top teams in scoring as well...

I Just want to be clear about this, the perspective from the fan base makes our team sound like garbage, even though the last three years we've had 36 wins 3 playoff appearances, and won the division two times from those wild crazy Howie Roseman Eagles... I agree it's not set up to be the greatest show on turf but let's stop undervaluing this team is that we have no weapons anywhere and that we're in some kind of weird tanking rebuild session because Jerry for sure would love to pay his quarterback $59 million against the cap this year and bring back his head coach just to purposely lose I mean you would think if his plan was to lose he would have found a way to move Prescott before March 14th he would have fired Mike McCarthy and they would have hired Bill Belichick or someone like him and they would have tried to start over with Trey Lance and a bunch of spare parts they would have done the rebuilding this year if that was the intention it is not the intention... It appears like that the fans because they have a list of players they want and they have a list of demands and expectations and when it's not met they start using words like historically bad offseasons which have yet to come to fruition this team has been a top six team the last three years..

Of course we wanna go further in the playoffs but stop making this team sound like garbage because there's about 28 teams you know maybe 25 if you wanna nitpick that are below the Cowboys on a yearly basis... They sure would wish they can complain about all the early exits in the playoffs instead of the fact that they're never making the playoffs..

blueblood70

Reaction score
They can use him more now that Gallup is gone.
Actually we don't at some point you need to develop your own players,

we got that undrafted guy that's supposed to be pretty good looks like he could be the next miles Austin type, nobody knows , But Tolbert might make the next step ,the number three wide receiver should be developed to where he can someday be your number two...

we did it with Gallup 4th rounder correct?? Remember this some of the guys that we had in camp last year looked pretty good some of y'all thought they would make the team well now they can take the next step we brought some of those same guys back we've added a few now let's see them compete in camp... I'm going to be back guys like Miles, Laurent, Noah brown, Wilson and others work their way into solid players, given the reps ..some seemed like a slow development but it did happen. IMHO that what the #3 WR should be that next guy developing maybe to become the 2..

here's the one thing you don't want is a guy with baggage who was injured last year can you expects to have probably 6 -$8 million, he's not going to sign for the veteran minimum, therefore he's out ,I'm out..

can we stop these conversations about every damn player that's either cut on the trade block or somehow in the draft we didn't get them our fan base wants anybody by who we have and I guess it's understandable but I think it's also a little crazy..:oldcouple:

can we like slow it down, can we let these guys have a training camp go in the preseason see what they can do and then if we need a guy, you go get him before the season starts, five months from today...

montgod

Reaction score
Yes. A bunch of 2s, unless Thomas is great
Agreed although they did sign Gabe Davis from BUF. He's not a #1 either but maybe they are thinking he'll progress like Kirk did after leaving AZ.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, I’m saying he’s NOT a 3 on most teams. He would be the 2 on most teams in the nfl
Oh I got you…..yeah I mean I guess it depends on the team. Because she’s not a 2 or a 3 on the Bears…he’s not a 2 on the Bengals or 49ers….think if you are a serious contender you might need better at the receiving spot.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yes but I'm just saying the only way you're getting paid is if you're the number one most of these teams are not paying both that's why I was a little shocked when A.J. Brown got his new deal in my opinion it's probably going to be a mistake, I mean it's the same two players that collapsed last year down the stretch where were these two guys...

I'm pretty sure cooks had more touchdowns and wasn't that far off if he got more targets of being devonte Smith production I mean for his age and what we asked him to do you're really underrating what our total offense did last year look at all the passing yardage and the touchdowns from the past game and go ahead and rank us go put our total group together and I could put it up against a lot of teams.. I mean when you're a quarterback has a career year almost got the MVP second team all pro somehow we're doing pretty good with the talent around him or he wouldn't be there according to this place he's just a Jag anyway...lol
I mean I wonder when CeeDee Lamb is getting paid I mean he’s a legitimate #1 WR right I mean the Cowboys went to the playoffs and CeeDee had a great season I mean he’s better than A.J. Brown.

heir

Reaction score
I was listening to a podcast, literally, yesterday that was talking about Zay Jones was always in the wrong spot and running wrong routes and causing lots of ints for Lawrence.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Actually we don't at some point you need to develop your own players,

we got that undrafted guy that's supposed to be pretty good looks like he could be the next miles Austin type, nobody knows , But Tolbert might make the next step ,the number three wide receiver should be developed to where he can someday be your number two...

we did it with Gallup 4th rounder correct?? Remember this some of the guys that we had in camp last year looked pretty good some of y'all thought they would make the team well now they can take the next step we brought some of those same guys back we've added a few now let's see them compete in camp... I'm going to be back guys like Miles, Laurent, Noah brown, Wilson and others work their way into solid players, given the reps ..some seemed like a slow development but it did happen. IMHO that what the #3 WR should be that next guy developing maybe to become the 2..

here's the one thing you don't want is a guy with baggage who was injured last year can you expects to have probably 6 -$8 million, he's not going to sign for the veteran minimum, therefore he's out ,I'm out..

can we stop these conversations about every damn player that's either cut on the trade block or somehow in the draft we didn't get them our fan base wants anybody by who we have and I guess it's understandable but I think it's also a little crazy..:oldcouple:

can we like slow it down, can we let these guys have a training camp go in the preseason see what they can do and then if we need a guy, you go get him before the season starts, five months from today...
Gallup just signed with the Raiders for $2 million. Zeke signed for $2 million and incentives. Zay with his injury history and lack of numbers because of it will probably also play for around $2 million this season.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I was listening to a podcast, literally, yesterday that was talking about Zay Jones was always in the wrong spot and running wrong routes and causing lots of ints for Lawrence.
If he does that in training camp/preseason he won't make the team. (whatever team he's on)

Carson

Reaction score
Gallup just signed with the Raiders for $2 million. Zeke signed for $2 million and incentives. Zay with his injury history and lack of numbers because of it will probably also play for around $2 million this season.
Agreed. Boyd is a much better player and just signed for $4 million with the Titans. Dont think he gets more than $3 max and that’s with incentives