Twitter: Jaguars release WR Allen Hurns

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
im willing to give anybody who had blake bortles for a qb a shot....he's had a quite a bit of injuries tho, hasn't he?

jrumann59

Reaction score
IF people are not happy with Dez here is Hurns Combine report

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/allen-hurns?id=2543817

Weaknesses
Narrow-framed and non-physical. Struggles to separate against tight man coverage. Lacks polish and precision in his routes. Average burst out of his breaks. Is not a burner -- limited long speed. Soft blocker.

Bottom Line
An underneath, zone receiver, Hurns emerged as the Hurricanes' top go-to receiver as a senior. Runs a lot of simple, stationary, short-to-intermediate routes and could have a more difficult time shaking NFL cornerbacks.

jrumann59

Reaction score
A couple of years ago he had a 1,000 yard season with 10 TDs.

26 years old. 6'3" 200 lbs.
Risen I think that was more a case of Jax being so bad they were always passing, think of the inflated stats that made RW11 look good because of garbage time stats.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Very odd that they would release him and let Allen Robinson walk as well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Or the "market" teams already signed the other WR's, so not many teams left to be in the hunt for a WR.

For good players, I think there's always a market willing to pay more than Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They signed Moncrief to an outrageous deal. I guess they had to cut him.

His 4-year $40 million extension was a joke. They screwed up by not giving that deal to Allen Robinson when they could have. I'm surprised it took the Jags even this long to cut Hurns.