Twitter: Jaguars release WR Allen Hurns

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I want a WR in the draft. Maybe two. So I don't know what a veteran does if we sign one. Seems like a logjam of players.

Dez
Ridley
Beasley
Williams
Hurns/Inman/Hunter
Switzer
Brown

Add another late round pick WR to that and something has to give. Brown's an easy cut. Beasley and Switzer might have to midget wrestle for a spot.
Seems like a full meeting room.

birdwells1

Reaction score
A couple of years ago he had a 1,000 yard season with 10 TDs.

26 years old. 6'3" 200 lbs.

If im him and going to sign a 1 year deal, im not going to a team whose qb is still learning. I go to the Chargers, Saints or somewhere like that.

John813

Reaction score
He's not bad but not someone to overpay for. Jax overpaid him on one good year.

Maybe Miami takes him to play outside and kick Stills back to slot.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's not bad but not someone to overpay for. Jax overpaid him on one good year.

Maybe Miami takes him to play outside and kick Stills back to slot.
He is a WR, so chances are pretty good he goes straight up to Baltimore to check them out. He'd step right into a starting job alongside Crabtree.

visionary

Reaction score
There was a time when the Jags sucked but one thing they had going for them was Hurns and Robinson. Crazy they got rid of them both this offseason. I always liked Hurns and Robinson. It's going to be interesting to see what his market is this late in the offseason.

With Coughlin making these decisions, it is likely to be a good one

I'm not sure why it is so difficult for fans to understand that discipline and accountability are the bedrock of a successful NFL team

John813

Reaction score

I'm not sure why it is so difficult for fans to understand that discipline and accountability are the bedrock of a successful NFL team

another thing too was that they had some young guys show some promise while Hurns and Robinson were out last year. And Hurns had zero guaranteed money this year on. So, if you have cheap production and you can save 7mil, why not move on?

Carter

Reaction score
No thanks. I pass a poor mans Version of Dez who likely wants a crapton of money

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Hurns is a pretty good receiver, but he's not what we need. We need a receiver with a lot of speed to stretch the field. That's not Hurns. Still, if he can be had relatively cheap, I'd be on board.

visionary

Reaction score
another thing too was that they had some young guys show some promise while Hurns and Robinson were out last year. And Hurns had zero guaranteed money this year on. So, if you have cheap production and you can save 7mil, why not move on?

Makes sense
Maybe he'll work out for us

Reaction score
I want a WR in the draft. Maybe two. So I don't know what a veteran does if we sign one. Seems like a logjam of players.

Dez
Ridley
Beasley
Williams
Hurns/Inman/Hunter
Switzer
Brown

Add another late round pick WR to that and something has to give. Brown's an easy cut. Beasley and Switzer might have to midget wrestle for a spot.
Possible they move Brown to TE

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I'd hardly call the Jags successful.

I'm sure you will give him success for what they are doing now....but lot of those picks were in place before he even got there. Sucking long enough will get you where they are at.

By no means them letting Hurns or Robinson go have anything to do with how good those players are.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Dez
Ridley
Beasley
Williams
Hurns/Inman/Hunter
Switzer
Brown

Don't forget Lance Lenoir is McClay's "Pet Cat" and I imagine will be one of the players who dominate the talking points during mini camp. He was called up from the practice squad for week 17 last year and that means something. He has the size at 6"0 201 pounds and the support from the organization.

I can almost guarantee this is the guy who becomes one of if not the IT players of mini camp and the early workouts. Every year countless hours are spent by cowboys media and fans about players in mini camp because they are great in this situation, lenoir fits the bill perfectly.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Maybe because we all follow a team that doesn't have either so we are used to not seeing it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't forget Lance Lenoir is McClay's "Pet Cat" and I imagine will be one of the players who dominate the talking points during mini camp. He was called up from the practice squad for week 17 last year and that means something. He has the size at 6"0 201 pounds and the support from the organization.

I can almost guarantee this is the guy who becomes one of if not the IT players of mini camp and the early workouts. Every year countless hours are spent by cowboys media and fans about players in mini camp because they are great in this situation, lenoir fits the bill perfectly.

Lance Lenoir sucks. He will not be on the roster.