Twitter: Jaguars release WR Allen Hurns

phildadon86

Reaction score
Don't forget Lance Lenoir is McClay's "Pet Cat" and I imagine will be one of the players who dominate the talking points during mini camp. He was called up from the practice squad for week 17 last year and that means something. He has the size at 6"0 201 pounds and the support from the organization.

I can almost guarantee this is the guy who becomes one of if not the IT players of mini camp and the early workouts. Every year countless hours are spent by cowboys media and fans about players in mini camp because they are great in this situation, lenoir fits the bill perfectly.
Wasn't that the name of the kid from "When the game stands tall". No wonder. Even our GM is hollywood

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Lance Lenoir sucks. He will not be on the roster.

could be, I honestly don't remember what he did in the preseason last year. I do however remember hearing how he is Mcclay's guy over and over.

They made him active last year in week 17. have to assume he is at least going to be given a shot to make the team if they do not draft a wr.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
My question is why is he being let go? I mean who do the Jags have at WR with Hurns and Robinson being goine?

Hurns has spent the last 2 years falling down the JAX depth chart. Even after Robinson was hurt his role was minimal.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hurns has spent the last 2 years falling down the JAX depth chart. Even after Robinson was hurt his role was minimal.
Fair enough. I don't really follow many other teams other than our Cowboys. I gave up on the NFL, just not our team yet.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah kinda strong, but it's an unnecessary large step back from
Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Dede and Cole.

Im a huge Dede fan, when it comes to the player not his off field mess.
They also had one of the top FA signings by getting Andrew Norwell to help anchor the inside of that O-line.
Austin Seferian-Jenkins wasn't a bad add either. More of a "to be determined" guy though.

visionary

Reaction score
I'd hardly call the Jags successful.

I'm sure you will give him success for what they are doing now....but lot of those picks were in place before he even got there. Sucking long enough will get you where they are at.

By no means them letting Hurns or Robinson go have anything to do with how good those players are.

Coughlin got there 2 years ago and they made it to the AFCCG and almost beat the great patriots

If you don't think that's "success" what are you calling what Jerry and Garrett have achieved in the last 7 years?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Coughlin got there 2 years ago and they made it to the AFCCG and almost beat the great patriots

If you don't think that's "success" what are you calling what Jerry and Garrett have achieved in the last 7 years?

The past two years Cowboys have missed the playoffs and have made the playoffs.
The past two years Jags have missed the playoffs and made the playoffs. Despite years of top 5 draft picks.

visionary

Reaction score
The past two years Cowboys have missed the playoffs and have made the playoffs.
The past two years Jags have missed the playoffs and made the playoffs.

I expected nothing less from you brother
Peace

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I expected nothing less from you brother
Peace

I know you don't because you expect for me to cry tears and to make our situation look worse than what it is. Jags in 2018 aren't a better situation than the Cowboys are in 2018. That's just what it realistically is. You can convince yourself that they are but they aren't. Sorry.

Hardline

Reaction score
I remember he had a huge game against the Patriots a few years back and almost pulled out an upset. That's the only game I remember of him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I want a WR in the draft. Maybe two. So I don't know what a veteran does if we sign one. Seems like a logjam of players.

Dez
Ridley
Beasley
Williams
Hurns/Inman/Hunter
Switzer
Brown

Add another late round pick WR to that and something has to give. Brown's an easy cut. Beasley and Switzer might have to midget wrestle for a spot.
As a running team I don't see them cutting Brown as he is the best blocker of our receivers. Personally I'm letting Williams and Beasley go first if we are bringing in Ridley, late round rookie and a vet

jrumann59

Reaction score
They also had one of the top FA signings by getting Andrew Norwell to help anchor the inside of that O-line.
Austin Seferian-Jenkins wasn't a bad add either. More of a "to be determined" guy though.

Hasn't Jenkins been that tbd guy after that one good year and has done nothing since but moved around the league.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I want a WR in the draft. Maybe two. So I don't know what a veteran does if we sign one. Seems like a logjam of players.

Dez
Ridley
Beasley
Williams
Hurns/Inman/Hunter
Switzer
Brown

Add another late round pick WR to that and something has to give. Brown's an easy cut. Beasley and Switzer might have to midget wrestle for a spot.
A WR and #1 pick of the Cowboys--sounds like a good idea, might open the field up more, and Dallas dominate in running and passing game.