Jaguars to hire Leftwich

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
This is a good hire. I remember watching Byron Leftwich back in college.

quickccc

Reaction score
I would have thought Eric Beienimy and being part of a dynamic Chiefs offense would have attracted him over Leftwrich.

Maybe all about the interviews. - the convincing tone and out right view and plan. Inside tips and sources. etc.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I would have thought Eric Beienimy and being part of a dynamic Chiefs offense would have attracted him over Leftwrich.

Maybe all about the interviews. - the convincing tone and out right view and plan. Inside tips and sources. etc.
he played there and is still very popular.

quickccc

Reaction score
he played there and is still very popular.

oh my ..wasn't that eons of years ago as a ex-player ?

i highly doubt he is gonna be hired on as a head coach due to what VHS tapes have on him as a ex-player that long ago.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You guys….

Andy Reid was a QB coach who never called an NFL play in his life. Is he undeserving of ever being considered for HC? John Harbaugh was a special teams coordinator! Was Bill Parcells pulling double duty as HC and DC? No.

Head Coaches aren’t hired to be glorified coordinators, they’re hired to be leaders of men. To transform talent and lead the team in the right direction off the field as well as on it. What would it matter if Brady called his own plays in Tampa? Do you believe Leftwich won’t hire an OC? Do we rescind Pete Carroll’s 2013 SB ring because of his lack of play calling in previous employments?

shabazz

Reaction score
……just can’t keep that East Carolina Pirates greatness down.

edit…..oops my bad. Was thinking of his teammate David Garrard

cowboyec

Reaction score
oh my ..wasn't that eons of years ago as a ex-player ?

i highly doubt he is gonna be hired on as a head coach due to what VHS tapes have on him as a ex-player that long ago.
stop.
he didn't play in the 80s.
and yes...he is considered a legend there.
isn't part of the sean payton stuff because he coached here.
happens all the time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That’s wasn’t a possibility for Quinn but I’d bet this starts the dominoes falling pretty quickly for other teams.

Oops I meant Jags. Fix the title mods.

This is another disaster in the making.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good hire. Jags need a young offensive minded coach to groom Trevor lawrence who basically wasted a year in the Urban Myer freak show.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Good for Byron. Loved him in college at the Herd and he's always seemed like a really good dude. Don't know if he'll be able to turn around the Jags but do think it's a good situation for all parties involved.

khiladi

Reaction score
Not to sound like I'm questioning the hire, but what on his resume makes him ready to coach a whole team? Just haven't heard much about his time as a coach. Don't recall seeing/hearing about Tampa's offense beyond Brady, Gronk, Evans, and Bryant's antics.

Did he do anything in Arizona?

He’s about experienced as Moore is…. Without Brady he had Winston and like Moore, the QBs threw for lots of yards, but to be fair, the OL was worse than anything Dak and Moore had. Tampa made the line better with Brady, particularly with the drafting of Tristan Wirfs. But Leftwich also has an offensive genius in Arians looking over his shoulder.

Jacksonville also probably took into account PR, after the whole Urban Meyer fiasco. They got a well-respected and young African American offensive minded coach that worked with Brady and under Arians. And Leftwich was drafted by them at 7, meaning their starting QB and FORMER PLAYER FOR THEM.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starts and depends upfront in the front office - draft, FA, trades, cap structure and manipulation, how management build and support around the HC and QB,..

Starts with hiring a guy because it looks good for PR and not because he’s the best candidate.

quickccc

Reaction score
Starts with hiring a guy because it looks good for PR and not because he’s the best candidate.

thats what the Jax did with Urban ....same guy that some Cowboys fans actually wanted here before McCarthy ..... :rolleyes: