Jake Ferguson has the potential to be a Pro Bowl fixture

Starstruck22

Reaction score
He is very well rounded as a reciever, you attack the seem with him. You can have him catch that slant or drag in traffic. You can dump it off and have him pick up yards after the catch. Most importantly I think the talent is there for him to do these on a level where DC's try to take him away.

And dude is just a player. You see teams so often take TE's in the top 64 and have them be Noah Fant. I mean he is good, and stuff. When you have a Noah Fant, well at least you have a Noah Fant. But those guys eat leftovers like Shultz did. I think in Ferguson, we have a guy that could really become a catalytic player
The kid is the second coming of Jason Witten. OMG the upside is astronomical.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Exactly why we need him to show up.
I wouldn’t want to be counting on a rookie in December and January who hasn’t done anything all season. The more important the games are the more we may steer away from him. He’s had a couple of drops this season and didn’t run his route deep enough to score a TD the first time we played Philly.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm not much on nicknames, but I can't help but think he needs to be called Big Jake Ferguson.

As a side note, McCarthy now holds the best winning record of any head coach in the NFL on a week after an appendectomy.
A record that can only be tied, never broken.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He is very well rounded as a reciever, you attack the seem with him. You can have him catch that slant or drag in traffic. You can dump it off and have him pick up yards after the catch. Most importantly I think the talent is there for him to do these on a level where DC's try to take him away.

And dude is just a player. You see teams so often take TE's in the top 64 and have them be Noah Fant. I mean he is good, and stuff. When you have a Noah Fant, well at least you have a Noah Fant. But those guys eat leftovers like Shultz did. I think in Ferguson, we have a guy that could really become a catalytic player
Can we not label him a “fixture” and instead just hope that he makes the pro bowl this year?

This is a half step toward a post where we are calling him “perennial all pro”, which is a hope skip and a jump to Hall of Fame.

cowboyed

Reaction score
We don’t need Schoonmaker. He hasn’t shown up all year. He hasn’t played a major role in any of our wins.
Schoonmaker is an exceptional athlete at the TE position. He isn't going anywhere and the Cowboys would be in their glory if they had 2 amazing tight ends on their roster.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Schoonmaker is an exceptional athlete at the TE position. He isn't going anywhere and the Cowboys would be in their glory if they had 2 amazing tight ends on their roster.
“Exceptional athlete” translates to “don’t give up he’s a project”.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Im about the biggest badger fan you will ever find. Since the Badgers resurgence back in the early 90's under Barry Alvarez who also happens to be Jake grandfather the Badgers recruit a certain profile of player. Tough, hard nosed,...guys who may not be the most top end of athletic specimens but guys that will run through a wall for you,....while their hair is on fire! :) If you were to put into a picture what a typical Badger recruit were to look like it would be a picture of Ferguson. This is him, this is who he has ALWAYS been.
Plays with a chip on his shoulder out to prove not only can he play with the best but can damn well be better than the best. He's going to be a a huge asset for us going forward. Now all we need to do is add Braelon Allen next offseason and I will be a very happy man! ;)

cowboyed

Reaction score
“Exceptional athlete” translates to “don’t give up he’s a project”.
And you know this, how? I put my faith more into McClay and our scouting department about player capabilities. We drafted Schoonmaker this year 58 overall in the second round. He has had limited snaps at the tight end position thus far but that may change this season or going into the next.