Jake Ferguson has the potential to be a Pro Bowl fixture

Kwyn

Reaction score
And you know this, how? I put my faith more into McClay and our scouting department about player capabilities. We drafted Schoonmaker this year 58 overall in the second round. He has had limited snaps at the tight end position thus far but that may change this season or going into the next.
He has very limited snaps because he’s been injured and is our fourth TE.

Maybe next year he does something. For now, he’s just a guy who we don’t trust to put on the field for significant snaps.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
I’d never claim to be smarter than coaches/front office but the fact that they felt TE was a need this offseason was always jarring to me after seeing how good Ferg was in relatively limited action last year

phildadon86

Reaction score
He is very well rounded as a reciever, you attack the seem with him. You can have him catch that slant or drag in traffic. You can dump it off and have him pick up yards after the catch. Most importantly I think the talent is there for him to do these on a level where DC's try to take him away.

And dude is just a player. You see teams so often take TE's in the top 64 and have them be Noah Fant. I mean he is good, and stuff. When you have a Noah Fant, well at least you have a Noah Fant. But those guys eat leftovers like Shultz did. I think in Ferguson, we have a guy that could really become a catalytic player
Makes the drafting of Schoonmaker more head scratching.

John813

Reaction score
Dude, tap the breaks. He’s got like 10 games.

I think the problem with players that play for a long time like Witten did is recency bias. He still could get open but then lose a race to a gopher tortoise and his blocking declined with age.
But at his peak, from 2004-2012/13 years ago he was quick, fast for TE, could block like a 6th lineman and was a tough SOB to bring down. He was also a great RZ presence.

rags747

Reaction score
Most Wisconsin players are tough and gritty. Now would love to see Hendershot get involved, saw lots of him last night but no targets. Would be nice to see if teams start targeting Ferguson we have Hendershot as a threat as well.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If we are going to make a deep run Schoonmaker needs to show up.
With Cooks, Gallup, and the RB stepping up, this is less of a concern. There are about 30 catches in a game and Lamb gets 7 on a slow day.

It would be great if he could find a Jugs machine and work his hands into consistency but if it doesn't happen it is not a big deal. He still is effective in 2TE sets inline and as the F. He has been a big reason why our perimeter runs have been so effective.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Ferg made the most of his limited snaps last year, and in all those he flashed the same way he does now. This is why it's still mind boggling to me we took Schoon in the 2nd. Doesn't make sense at all. Fergs upside is huge, we could have used the 2nd on oline or LBer.
Didn't like the pick. The value just didn't make sense. Surely there was a vet out there that could have filled the need he's filling.

But I'm still going to give it some time. If he emerges next year alongside Ferg, watch out!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He is very well rounded as a reciever, you attack the seem with him. You can have him catch that slant or drag in traffic. You can dump it off and have him pick up yards after the catch. Most importantly I think the talent is there for him to do these on a level where DC's try to take him away.

And dude is just a player. You see teams so often take TE's in the top 64 and have them be Noah Fant. I mean he is good, and stuff. When you have a Noah Fant, well at least you have a Noah Fant. But those guys eat leftovers like Shultz did. I think in Ferguson, we have a guy that could really become a catalytic player
He's definitely an enforcer, and also a big catch and run threat with the ball in his hands.

As much as I dislike Kittle, I see a lot of him in Ferg.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Why? Because he's caught a couple passes? Is the bar that low for cowboys tight ends? He's ok but he's no pro bowler.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why? Because he's caught a couple passes? Is the bar that low for cowboys tight ends? He's ok but he's no pro bowler.
I think it was showing up a pretty good S last week and vaulting and rumbling through Eagles defenders this week.

aikemirv

Reaction score

He is a playmaker but not that great at sitting down in the open areas of the zone right now. Hopefully we can get some of that from Schoon.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The kid is the second coming of Jason Witten. OMG the upside is astronomical.
He is more like a Kittle type TE IMO. Witten was great at finding soft spots in the zone not YAC. Ferguson is a YAC guy but not as good finding those soft spots

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I am liking what Ferg is doing. Playing tough and getting extra yards after the catch. He looks more nimble then Schultz ever been and seems to break more tackles. We should try to get him involved a little more. Also I seen him smash the DE on at least 1 block yesterday. I think it was Reddick who he put on his butt.