Signed by Cowboys Jake Ferguson signed

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't care about what the players are living. Not one iota. I care about how their pay affects the cap. I care about the team, not the players. If there was no cap, I wouldn't give a rodent's posterior about how much they're being paid.
You are Stephen.:laugh:

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak’s cap hit will never be that high. He will continue to restructure like all quarterbacks and great players. The Cowboys are have one of the best cap situations in the league. You sound like Stephen.

You watch. Why do you think they are rolling over all of this money? They're not pushing another 30M forward again next year. Not a chance. They might push 10. But the entire reason to roll over all of this space is for Dak. There's no one else having any cap spike next year. And you know we don't spend a lot in FA.

Loso86

Reaction score
We love our Cowboys. I enjoy debating with you. You seem like a true fan that does not have an agenda. I get your issues with Shultz. I just think we fans get caught up to much with the cap because Stephen acts like it’s a problem.:angry: As I am texting this response I see the Rams extended Cooper Koph. Do the Rams even have a salary cap.
Absolutely, it's all love and spirited debates. I saw that too smh. Seems like they don't. Unfortunately it will effect them in a 2 or 3 years like the saints. But they understand the c

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Nah most just want Dalton to realize he is not Jason Witten,, Kittle or Kelce

Why do they want that? Every time someone suggests a cowboys player should accept a deal commensurate with their talent, we are inevitably told its just current market value. If so, why shouldn't Shultz get his while it's his turn?

Loso86

Reaction score
Why do they want that? Every time someone suggests a cowboys player should accept a deal commensurate with their talent, we are inevitably told its just current market value. If so, why shouldn't Shultz get his while it's his turn?
The market is inflated in football just as much as it is in real life unfortunately. What me and you want us want doesn't matter. I'm just shocked because most complained when everybody who is better at their own individual position cashes in its a problem. But now just over pay the above average TE just because lol. Hey I'm all for the Dalton getting his, just not top 3 or 5 TE money

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The market is inflated in football just as much as it is in real life unfortunately. What me and you want us want doesn't matter. I'm just shocked because most complained when everybody who is better at their own individual position cashes in its a problem. But now just over pay the above average TE just because lol. Hey I'm all for the Dalton getting his, just not top 3 or 5 TE money

I agree with you completely. If he can get more elsewhere & wants to take that path, so be it. Don't overpay just because someone else will.

ESisback

Reaction score
We love our Cowboys. I enjoy debating with you. You seem like a true fan that does not have an agenda. I get your issues with Shultz. I just think we fans get caught up to much with the cap because Stephen acts like it’s a problem.:angry: As I am texting this response I see the Rams extended Cooper Koph. Do the Rams even have a salary cap.
Yeah, how can they pay Donald and Kupp and everyone else they need, and not hurt themselves SOMEWHERE?

starman22

Reaction score
Dak’s cap hit will never be that high. He will continue to restructure like all quarterbacks and great players. The Cowboys are have one of the best cap situations in the league. You sound like Stephen.

Is there at least a trophy or a banner to display for best cap situation? Would it be displayed higher on the trophy shelf than say, a Super Bowl or even a Conference Championship trophy?

I'm sure somewhere in Jerry World we can find a proper place for it.

ESisback

Reaction score
The gap between celebrating cap space more than Lombardi’s and not crying constantly about a lack of a FA feeding frenzy is as wide as an ocean, so why is it so hard for folks to find a middle ground?

Why is it so ridiculous to acknowledge some breathing room?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh no I agree, but if you want to spend top Te money just do what you did with Cooper and go get a Top TE then

The guys that are clearly and notably ahead of Schultz like Kittle, Kelce and Andrews don't grow on trees where you can just choose to go out and get one, and even if you could find one they would cost a lot more than Schultz.

Top TE money for a guy like that in todays market would probably be $16-18 million per year with maybe $50 million guaranteed. That's "top money" and not what anyone is realistically talking about with Schultz.

Ultimately the decision isn't limited to either getting the rare elite player or accepting a low level guy. There are layers in between that have to be a consideration.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't care about what the players are living. Not one iota. I care about how their pay affects the cap. I care about the team, not the players. If there was no cap, I wouldn't give a rodent's posterior about how much they're being paid.

Yet the billionaire owners are the ones who created the cap .... Then they pretend to be angry that they are hampered by it.

And gullible fans eat it up and get mad at the players giving the billionaire owners even more leverage not to pay them .....

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Can't blame Shultz... he comes from a meager background. I mean his grandpa made his living as a sargent in a concentration camp in Germany after all.

Loso86

Reaction score
The guys that are clearly and notably ahead of Schultz like Kittle, Kelce and Andrews don't grow on trees where you can just choose to go out and get one, and even if you could find one they would cost a lot more than Schultz.

Top TE money for a guy like that in todays market would probably be $16-18 million per year with maybe $50 million guaranteed. That's "top money" and not what anyone is realistically talking about with Schultz.

Ultimately the decision isn't limited to either getting the rare elite player or accepting a low level guy. There are layers in between that have to be a consideration.
To each is own. I agree about top level guys that's why I think the NFL has to start setting cap limits on certain positions with levels. A team giving a guy like Christian Kirk that mu h money is what's screwing up everything

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To each is own. I agree about top level guys that's why I think the NFL has to start setting cap limits on certain positions with levels. A team giving a guy like Christian Kirk that mu h money is what's screwing up everything

I suspect they would be on slippery legal ground trying to do that. Having salary caps at all is already outside what the law would allow in other businesses, but having a general cap that affects all teams and positions is one thing, and singling out specific positions to be paid more or less is another. It would be hard to argue that the NFL could restrict the ability of a WR to compete for salary the same as a QB. Under the current system the team might make that distinction depending on who the WR and QB are, but to make it policy may be stretching how much control the owners can have.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

So should NFL owners have a limit to how much they can make? You know since we are limiting how much a player can make because of the salary cap that the owners made so they would not have to pay players.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yet the billionaire owners are the ones who created the cap .... Then they pretend to be angry that they are hampered by it.

And gullible fans eat it up and get mad at the players giving the billionaire owners even more leverage not to pay them .....
They gotta have SOME leverage, don’t they? The players already make way too much money, and like the NBA, have too much power. In L.A., the Coach is secondary to Lebron!