Jalen Ramsey - I will never play for the Cowboys unless the Joneses leave

bud914

Reaction score
Spurned ex girlfriend talk right there.
whiny little brat....

hagan-i-dont-like-you.gif

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
One of the arguments in the Zeke vs Ramsey draft debate was that Ramsey was more likely to play longer for you. But it sounds more likely that Zeke will sign a second contract with Dallas than Ramsey will sign another contract with Jacksonville.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If he ever hits Free Agency it will take about four seconds until you read articles saying "A source links Ramsey to a big contract offer from the Cowboys".

Half the players talk like that, but none of them have ever taken a hundred bucks less on their FA contracts because of it.

Would be funny if the Joneses offered him an offer he can't refuse and then jerked it away after he said yes.

pacboyX

Reaction score
I mean I’m pissed at our front office as well. I really wanted Ramsey but I love Zeek now sooo over that pick. But LVE over Derwin -_- heartbreak year after year we don’t draft top flight safety. Especially when they are in reach. How many years has it been since Woodson or even Roy at that? SMH

But hey new season is here, I’ll support Heath as best as I can and yet hope for another safety next draft.

Hardline

Reaction score
He actually dodged a bullet.
He has an actual snowballs chance in Hell of winning a super bowl now.

exciter

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...lay-for-the-cowboys-unless-the-joneses-leave/

Jalen Ramsey offered his opinion on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski during an ESPN The Magazine interview, but Gronk wasn’t the only target of the Jaguars cornerback.

Ramsey also expressed his dissatisfaction with the Cowboys passing on him during the 2016 draft.

Dallas had the fourth overall choice and most mock drafts had the Cowboys taking either Ramsey or Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. The Cowboys chose Elliott, leaving Jacksonville to draft Ramsey.

Ramsey expected the Cowboys to take him and believes the team’s coaches wanted him, but owner Jerry Jones overruled them.

“I will never play for them,” Ramsey told the magazine, “unless the Joneses leave.”

First, the Jones family isn’t going anywhere. They own the most valuable sports franchise in the world, according to Forbes magazine, and Jerry Jones already has earned enshrinement in Canton. So that means Ramsey apparently won’t ever entertain playing in Dallas, not that he would ever get that opportunity anyway with the Jaguars holding his rights for the foreseeable future.

Second, it’s hard to argue with the Cowboys’ selection of Elliott. He has as many All-Pro and Pro Bowl nods — one each — as Ramsey has. Elliott led the league in rushing as a rookie in 2016 with a six-game suspension in 2017 keeping him from a chance at a repeat.

But it’s worth nothing that not so long ago it seemed every player in the NFL wanted a chance to play for the Cowboys. Recently, several players have expressed anti-Cowboys or anti-Jerry Jones feelings.
Let's face reality, these players for the most part are going to whomever offers the largest contract when they become fa. I'm not putting a lot of stock in what a retired 11 year player on a division rival or a cb who felt he was slighted because he was taken one pick later. They're wanting to make sound bites and are smart enough to know that mentioning the cowboys and Jerry will get them!

dwreck27

Reaction score
Gotta believe the coaches told him that he was their guy...

Ramsey prbly knew zeke was a better marketable player...

I’m not bad we got a great player and so did the jags it is what it is

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...lay-for-the-cowboys-unless-the-joneses-leave/

Jalen Ramsey offered his opinion on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski during an ESPN The Magazine interview, but Gronk wasn’t the only target of the Jaguars cornerback.

Ramsey also expressed his dissatisfaction with the Cowboys passing on him during the 2016 draft.

Dallas had the fourth overall choice and most mock drafts had the Cowboys taking either Ramsey or Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. The Cowboys chose Elliott, leaving Jacksonville to draft Ramsey.

Ramsey expected the Cowboys to take him and believes the team’s coaches wanted him, but owner Jerry Jones overruled them.

“I will never play for them,” Ramsey told the magazine, “unless the Joneses leave.”

First, the Jones family isn’t going anywhere. They own the most valuable sports franchise in the world, according to Forbes magazine, and Jerry Jones already has earned enshrinement in Canton. So that means Ramsey apparently won’t ever entertain playing in Dallas, not that he would ever get that opportunity anyway with the Jaguars holding his rights for the foreseeable future.

Second, it’s hard to argue with the Cowboys’ selection of Elliott. He has as many All-Pro and Pro Bowl nods — one each — as Ramsey has. Elliott led the league in rushing as a rookie in 2016 with a six-game suspension in 2017 keeping him from a chance at a repeat.

But it’s worth nothing that not so long ago it seemed every player in the NFL wanted a chance to play for the Cowboys. Recently, several players have expressed anti-Cowboys or anti-Jerry Jones feelings.[/qQUOTE]
The Joneses will be here for the next 50 years. JR will be out of the league and penniless in 5 years.

J817

Reaction score
Don’t understand why people are mad at Jalen’s comments lol
Look i didn’t mind the Zeke pick. Love him as a player on the field.
Im a Cowboys fan through and through but I would LOVE for the Joneses to sell the team. LOVE IT! I don’t mean Jerry leaving. I won’t all of them gone. Stephen, Charolette all of em. And they can take the incompetent red headed clapper that they employed for almost ten years with them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But it’s worth nothing that not so long ago it seemed every player in the NFL wanted a chance to play for the Cowboys. Recently, several players have expressed anti-Cowboys or anti-Jerry Jones feelings.

He is just mad they didn't draft him.