Jalen Ramsey over Zeke

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Hypothetical and will get flamed.

If Dallas went with Jalen Ramsey instead of Zeke in the draft two years ago are Romo and Dez still here? Does Dak look just as good in his rookie year? My opinion, Dak shows some promise but Romo is still the guy when he comes back from injury.
Romo would be on IR/retired and everyone would be hating the Ramsey pick (because our defensive scheme would expose him).

jnday

Reaction score
This is just gobbledygook.

Just as Zeke's absence showed us last year we would have been a strong running team especially if Romo is our QB putting us in strong situations with or without Zeke. One need look only at what Murray did to realize we didnt need to spend the 4 to have a strong ground game.

Its simply a nonsense argument.
. I guess Deion had a bigger impact than E. Smith. Zeke is not just a good RB, he is great. His rookie year proved that. The best DB is not going to win you games. The best RB can.

jnday

Reaction score
I was squarely in favor of Zeke. But his conduct makes me re-think if we had to do it over again, would I take Ramsey instead. Zeke is one misstep from a year-long ban.
His conduct? Really? Goodell screwed Zeke and Jerry. They had no proof other than a victim that called her friends and begged them to lie for her.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
We went with the pick to maximize the Romo Window, not long term value.

Which I was fine with at the time, realizing the trade off. In hindsight, knowing Romo broke down and did not play again, I'd prefer Ramsey, but that doesn't change my opinion of the choice at the time.

Assuming you are correct about the bolded, then that means the Cowboys are complete idiots for not going back to Romo when he was healthy. I get that Romo might not have stayed healthy but if Zeke was drafted for Romo, then the Cowboys are fools for not following thru with their plan because Romo was still the better QB (when healthy) during Dak's rookie season

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
. I guess Deion had a bigger impact than E. Smith. Zeke is not just a good RB, he is great. His rookie year proved that. The best DB is not going to win you games. The best RB can.
Just a myopic view on how football games are run.

Probably becuase all you focus on is the ball and where it goes and not the ball and where it doesn't.

I'd ask you to investigate the correlation between winning and passing vs rushing differential between teams.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Assuming you are correct about the bolded, then that means the Cowboys are complete idiots for not going back to Romo when he was healthy. I get that Romo might not have stayed healthy but if Zeke was drafted for Romo, then the Cowboys are fools for not following thru with their plan because Romo was still the better QB (when healthy) during Dak's rookie season

Recall that Zeke was picked *before* Romo's back was broken *again*, and before the team had it's most successful tear of success since 2007, and before Dak was playing at a Pro Bowl level. They weren't that crazy to change their minds.

Having said that, I would have gone back to Romo in 2016. We had already paid for him. Gives us two bites at the apple. Maybe Romo was healthy and in 2014 form. If not, we could go back to Dak in 2017. All it costs us are a few games that Dak doesn't get to develop in.

Romo was in MVP form in 2014. We gave up on a chance at that too easily, and when we had *already paid for it*.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
His conduct? Really? Goodell screwed Zeke and Jerry. They had no proof other than a victim that called her friends and begged them to lie for her.

Either way, the knucklehead factor has to be considered. He is close to getting a year's suspension. He's been involved in multiple confirmed incidents, including pulling down a lady's shirt in public.

jnday

Reaction score
Either way, the knucklehead factor has to be considered. He is close to getting a year's suspension. He's been involved in multiple confirmed incidents, including pulling down a lady's shirt in public.
And the lady liked it. There is no other incidents. He was in a bar and some other guy got into a fight. That is not his problem. That has happened to me and I had no ideal why the people was fighting.

jay94

Reaction score
We all saw what happened when Dak was left without Zeke!
Consider Zeke the most important player on the Dallas Cowboys!!!!
King Zeke without him all is lost!

Most of this time Tyron was out or hurt as well, Tyron didn't have a Tyron season if you watched him, I couldn't even call him a top ten tackle last year, I'm saying on a one year performance.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Most of this time Tyron was out or hurt as well, Tyron didn't have a Tyron season if you watched him, I couldn't even call him a top ten tackle last year, I'm saying on a one year performance.

It was easy to see Tyron often just wasn't right. He was moving with a very stiff back.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Pretty sure Ramsey would have helped this team win. In fact the worst thing we ever did for Romo was not field consistently better defenses.

Murray, Dez, and the oline gave Tony his best season ever, which for all practical purposes, was his last season.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
I'll take a shutdown corner over a stud RB anyday.

Jalen Ramsey>>>Zeke

ondaedg

Reaction score
Ramsey was NOT the better pick for Dallas. Jacksonville didn't start to turn it around until they got their own zeke in Fournette.

Uhm no. Fournette doesn't play defense on Jville.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If Dallas went with Jalen Ramsey instead of Zeke in the draft two years ago are Romo and Dez still here? Does Dak look just as good in his rookie year? My opinion, Dak shows some promise but Romo is still the guy when he comes back from injury.

I take the top corner over the stud back EVERY time. Especially with THIS Oline.

ondaedg

Reaction score

Don't matter if he was innocent or not. The dude was suspended for almost half a season. That is on him. Ramsey was on the field while Zeke was "training" in Mexico.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Jalen who?

Zeke was, still is, and will remain a great pick. All of these what if scenarios are just veiled shots at our QB. Dak Prescott.

Perhaps our butthurt contingent will eventually get behind the current roster & move forward.