Twitter: Jamal Adams: "I'd love to be a Cowboy, Michael Irvin is like my uncle"

Verdict

Reaction score
That could be 3 seasons.

Zack Martin and Tracis Frederick will be well into their 30s.

I don’t want the team to be in the business of targeting 2022 or 2022 free agents. If you have a hole at safety..fill it with your first round pick next season regardless if it’s a trade or a player.

I’m not sure why anyone would want to adopt that view. That’s how we ended up with Taco and Trysten Hill.

You take what the draft gives you. If it gives you another Zac Martin, then you draft the next Zac Martin and flip Martin for picks or a player you need plus picks.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Not as silly as thinking Jeff Heath will ever be part of a great defense.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

Zordon

Reaction score
Well, at that price, your giving up the future. Cowboys could have gotten a great young safety last year with the 2nd pick and they blew it.
That's true but I think this kid brings another dynamic outside of his on the field play. The intangibles are off the charts with Adams.

dwreck27

Reaction score
So, we've gone from "My dad raised me to hate the Cowboys" to "Michael Irvin is like my uncle."

Got it.

Think he realizes he’s on a loser team that wont be going anywhere for the next 2 or 3 years....

Besides im sure being able to play on a competitive team, back in his home area, being able to maybe market himself more... oh and less on the taxes helps

Brooksey

Reaction score
I'd love to have him, great player. Wish we could have had him for this year, price was too steep.
At minimum he will cost someone their 2020 #1, 2021 #2 and a big second contract.
Expensive.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
one question how many draft choices is a superbowl trophy worth this player puts this defense over the top this year it makes them a elite defense

What does he add honestly?

He's a great player but he doesn't make us significantly better because he doesn't play an impactful enough of a position.

Everyone loves to tell us how bad Heath is but I rarely come away from a game thinking we lose because of Heath because the position he plays just has virtually no impact on games.

A first and 2 2's? Lol that wouldve been a terrible trade. I want a chance at impact players and not SS's who tackle well.

Minkah Fitzpatrick was the guy we should've targeted if anything.

Proof

Reaction score
That's true but I think this kid brings another dynamic outside of his on the field play. The intangibles are off the charts with Adams.

while i don't look forward to the rampant speculation and potential let down again, i am excited to think it's possible we still get him he's awesome.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
This is guy is the alpha we've missing on the backend for nearly a generation. I know the asking price was a lot but I'm still sick we didn't get this kid.

Maybe by the off season the greedy jets fo will regain consciousness and our fo can get it done then........in the meantime, put out as much effort for them as they did for you (which wasn't much) and don't get hurt.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This is guy is the alpha we've missing on the backend for nearly a generation. I know the asking price was a lot but I'm still sick we didn't get this kid.

huh? but I thought he was mad at the te4am for "going behind his back" to try to trade him? whatever

robjay04

Reaction score
I’m not sure why anyone would want to adopt that view. That’s how we ended up with Taco and Trysten Hill.

You take what the draft gives you. If it gives you another Zac Martin, then you draft the next Zac Martin and flip Martin for picks or a player you need plus picks.

I didn’t mean reach for a player

I mean my to trade for Adams now or use that pick to upgrade the position if you feel like a good player will be there when you pick.

I don’t want anymore 4th or 5th round bandaids...I want to spend a premium.